PDA

View Full Version : akerhaus or 1900 Park Fare?

septembergirl
04-13-2007, 10:58 PM
Hello!
I have made ADRs for 1900 Park Fare for our Sept. visti but am having second thoughts. Which is better as far as food/ character interaction? I am not big on buffet food but DD3 loves all the princesses but Cinderella and Jasmine in particular.
Thanks!

tlhewitt52
04-13-2007, 11:16 PM
I know how you feel I had to decide between these two as well. I booked the Norway Princess Breakfast and here was my reasoning:

1900 Park Fare will be in rehab and even though Cinderella is there you can usually find her in Toontown Hall of Fame in the princess room during your stay. The princess breakfast has 4 out of 5 character princesses (Belle, Aroura, Mulan, Ariel, and Mary Poppins are the usual picks at Norway) and Cinderella by chance has been known to make appearances here as well but it is by chance and sometimes is unlikely. But I would rather have my neice who is 4 get to see 4 princesses at the princess breakfast and get autographs and have the character interaction you get at the meals there then have to wait in the line which are sometime long and lengthy in wait cause every girls dream is to meet the princesses, so I would rather find Cinderella then have to go look and hope to find the other 4!!!

Hope this helps!!

tinksmom02
04-13-2007, 11:59 PM
We're doing both! LOL

I made ADR's for breakfast at Askershus on one of our Epcot days, and I left one day...DD (who'll be 5!) will go to BBB and then we're heading to the GF Cafe for dinner with Cindy and friends.

I know 1900 is closed for rehab, but I think we'll still have a good time. We just did CRT in January and I have no desire to subject myself to that again, so this is (I hope!) a nice alternative.

I can certainly understand your reluctance, though...and of course, if people come to the boards and tell me that the character meals are horrible at GFCafe once the rehab starts, I'll be changing my plans!

septembergirl
04-14-2007, 11:56 PM
DD (who'll be 5!) will go to BBB and then we're heading to the GF Cafe for dinner with Cindy and friends.

I know 1900 is closed for rehab, but I think we'll still have a good time. We just did CRT in January and I have no desire to subject myself to that again, so this is (I hope!) a nice alternative.

I'm sorry, I'm new. What is BBB and CRT?

ldc12377
04-15-2007, 09:32 AM
BBB = Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - It's a salon in the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney where girls cans get their hair styled to look like a princess.

CRT = Cinderella's Royal Table

Learning all the abbrevations was the hardest thing for me to figure out !!:blush:

disneydaisy
04-15-2007, 11:38 AM
We haven't been to 1900 before but went to both CRT and the Princess Storybook breakfast at Epcot in 2004 when DD was 4. Mulan, Jasmine, Aurora, Snow White and Belle were all at the Princess Storybook breakfast. We also liked the food and atmosphere better. Not so Squished in. Princesses also spent more time at our table. We are going again in October and have made ADR's for Princess Storybook again. DD loves Mulan. DD also enjoyed spending more time with Cinderella in Toontown.:mickey:

septembergirl
04-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the tips.
I have decided to go with Akershus because apparently 1900 Park is going to be closed for refurb and the character meals have been relocated to GFC (check me out now, Grumpy's wife ;). I haven't seen great reviews for that restaurant. We will have to find Cindy someplace else!

glenpreece
04-15-2007, 10:22 PM
I just wanted to add that I too have done all 3. Akershus, 1900 and CRT. The bfast food at akershus the 1st time was great not so good the second. The only Princess at 1900 is Cinderella, although I did get to meet the Prince which is normally impossible. I think you will like Akershus you get a good amount of Princess for your buck. My question is is there no strawberry soup at the GFCafe? If not I am cancelling it.