PDA

View Full Version : Oh NO Please Help!

NewmanFamily6
04-13-2007, 10:22 PM
I called back DVC member services on April 12th because the points had finally come out. I spoke to a CM named Rachel and she told me that Our cruise was going to be 514 points so we would only be borrowing 14 points from 2008.This would leave me with 336 points in 2008. I was going to borrow those for a surprise trip in November. Well after just looking on DVC's website the points for the cruise now say 656. No even called me about this change:( Now that means we won't have enough for November. This just doesn't seem good customer service to me. I have not received a response as of yet-Suggestions:confused:

TammiMcMan
04-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Considering you have Rachels name, I would just call back and see if you can get a better explanation of what happened. Maybe you're just looking at a different category from what she quoted or something.

Why would you have expected them to call you about the increase in points (if that's what happened)? Is tracking points and notifying members a service they provide? I'm not familiar with DVC, so I don't know exactly how that works. I guess at this point, you'll have to wait until someone is in the office tomorrow. Please let us know what you find out.

Tinkermom
04-14-2007, 01:07 PM
I am so sorry! That stinks! Where do you see the 2008 DCL points on the website? I just looked and all I see are 2007.

DCL called us to let us know the points were out and the same happened to us only it worked out in our favor. We are cruising in February and they bumped our cruise date down into "value season". In 2007 the same cruise was 344 points per person (first 2 in the stateroom) for a cat 4. For 2008 it is 274 points per person! The only difference is that the 2007 cruise sailed on 2/10 and the 2008 cruise sails on 2/9. I guess DVC did some reconfiguring of points for the cruise. Since I cannot see the points online I sure hope this is right! DH must have questioned the poor guy 5 times to be sure we were talking about the same cruise! LOL!

Tammi -
When I called to reserve the cruise I was told that the points could be different and that since we were looking at the 2007 points there were no guarantees. With DVC they let you "reserve" the cruise with no money down. When the points for that year come in they call you and then you can decide if you want to book at that time.

I think that DVC needs to get their DCL points out sooner. I was very surprised that in March we still did not have 2008 points.

TammiMcMan
04-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Tammi -
When I called to reserve the cruise I was told that the points could be different and that since we were looking at the 2007 points there were no guarantees. With DVC they let you "reserve" the cruise with no money down. When the points for that year come in they call you and then you can decide if you want to book at that time.Thanks for the explanation Lisa. That's a nice benefit to DVC members then, to sort of pre-reserve and then get notified when the points come out. I wonder what went wrong with Amanda's quote then, as it appears she did speak to someone when the points schedule was released. Perhaps it was something to your experience with the same date being bumped to value season, only her's was changed to a peak or holiday instead (maybe due to Thanksgiving?).

Hopefully she can get it straightened out with them today. Glad you got good news on your cruise! I probably would have reacted the same way as your husband though and have them keep checking that we were still talking about the same dates :D .

Tinkermom
04-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the explanation Lisa. That's a nice benefit to DVC members then, to sort of pre-reserve and then get notified when the points come out. I wonder what went wrong with Amanda's quote then, as it appears she did speak to someone when the points schedule was released. Perhaps it was something to your experience with the same date being bumped to value season, only her's was changed to a peak or holiday instead (maybe due to Thanksgiving?).

Hopefully she can get it straightened out with them today. Glad you got good news on your cruise! I probably would have reacted the same way as your husband though and have them keep checking that we were still talking about the same dates :D .

After reading Amanda's post again I am wondering if actually she lucked out as we did. I am wondering if she is actually looking at the 2007 dates and these are higher. I looked again and do not see the 2008 DCL points out again.

Amanda - is this possible? Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

TammiMcMan
04-14-2007, 01:54 PM
After reading Amanda's post again I am wondering if actually she lucked out as we did. I am wondering if she is actually looking at the 2007 dates and these are higher. I looked again and do not see the 2008 DCL points out again.That's an excellent point. I did see something posted on another board that the member web site still didn't have the 2008 points chart listed yet (as of this morning). She could possibly be seeing 2007 at the higher rate. I hope you're right and Amanda checks on that today.