PDA

View Full Version : NYC Trading Pins need advice

*goofy'sgirls*
04-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Hi Everyone!:wave: I'm going to WDW for the first time in 15days 11hrs 48mins 5secs. But who's counting right?

Well my family has decided to start trading pins. We live in NYC and have a big selection at the Madison Ave. store of exclusive NYC Disney trading pins. My question is do u think that we should purchase a few of these and trade up at WDW? My kids really want those cuties ones and I was wondering do u think the cast members will be willing to trade for the NYC pins?

Thanks for any advice

tinksmom02
04-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Hi Everyone!:wave: I'm going to WDW for the first time in 15days 11hrs 48mins 5secs. But who's counting right?

Well my family has decided to start trading pins. We live in NYC and have a big selection at the Madison Ave. store of exclusive NYC Disney trading pins. My question is do u think that we should purchase a few of these and trade up at WDW? My kids really want those cuties ones and I was wondering do u think the cast members will be willing to trade for the NYC pins?

Thanks for any advice

I think the general guideline for trading is that you pick what you want from the CM and then you pick which one of your to give the CM. It must be an authentic Disney pin, and it can't be one that the CM already has, and you can't break up a set. DD's experience was the CM asked her to pick one of her pins to trade, they didn't care which one they got.

So I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to trade your NYC Disney pins, if you wanted!

LIGHTNING MC-DAD
04-15-2007, 06:25 PM
We also live in New York and have for the past few years visited the World of Disney on 5th Ave prior to our trips to Disney World. We purchase pins that we like as well as ones that the kids eventually trade at Disney. We have done this numerous times and there has never been a problem with trading those pins with Cast Members. As one other poster mentioned the pins can't be the same as what the cast member has or they might not trade.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip.

jacknsally02
04-21-2007, 11:24 AM
I think you could buy the pin trading starter kits at the store on 5th, it has like 4 or 5 of the cheaper pins and a lanyard , usually all of the same character and that's a good way to get started, then you go down and start trading them, have a great trip!

vamaggie
04-23-2007, 07:50 AM
Some of the folks (not CMs)who don't live in the Northeast may also be interested in trading for NYC pins. If they are not too expensive, I would pick up a few to trade.

Kellybean
05-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Also for you guys in the NYC area, the store hosts a monthly pin meet on the first Sat of the month. Due to the Pirate event this month, they moved the meet from the June 2 to May 25. The meets will move back to the first Sat in July.

There are usually a bunch of people pin trading, the store makes a BIG pin trading board to trade from and all the cast members wear lanyards.

Also, the cast members at the store are some of the best I have encountered!! They are always so friendly!!:mickey:

snowflakegirl
05-21-2007, 10:24 AM
:welcome: Kellybean! Glad you finally took my advice and dropped by these lovely boards :thumbsup: .

vamaggie
05-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Kellybean: What time are the pin trading events at the NYC store? We may be up that way this summer and may take advantage of this event. Thanks!

Kellybean
05-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Jen! HUGS!! Thanks for leading me to such a great community!!!

vamaggie, the meets start at 10am when the store opens. Also, if you are feeling really ambitious, after the WOD meet in July, you can always hit the Central Jersey Pin Traders Meet which starts at 1pm. These pin traders are a amazing group of people who warmly welcome new traders!!

Yes, I am that obsessed with pin trading that I try to hit every meet I can!! LOL

DisneyMom12
05-23-2007, 07:59 AM
I always buy a bunch of pins for trade on ebay before I go. You can get some good deals, and I have not had any trouble trading them.