PDA

View Full Version : USA Today 4/13/2007

BrowncatP
04-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Did anyone read the article on Disney World? I couldn't believe that someone that wrote a book on DW would write "Avoid the sit down eateries," they "are unspectacular." Jason Cochran, the author of Pauline Frommer's Walt Disney World & Orlando said that. :thedolls:
Did he even eat at any of the GREAT restaurants??

JPL
04-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Actually for a family trying to save money or staying off site this is good advice. I enjoy the WDW restaurants but there is good quality food & much more variety outside the parks at very reasonable prices. Outside the park there is one thing you don;t have in WDW competition. I have eaten in some great restaurants at the suggestion of locals I know for a fraction of the price that had much better food than some of the Disney restaurants.

imaprincess!
04-14-2007, 02:27 PM
You realize this post could spark the whole debate over staying on-site vs. off-site, right?!!!!

You can get better food at a cheaper price outside WDW, but I really feel that once you're in "The World", stay in "The World!"

I've stayed on and off-site, and I think it's just a big hassle to go outside to the real world. Plus, I want to live the fantasy for as long as possible! :mickey:

maryt01
04-14-2007, 05:35 PM
as a resident of new orleans(the greatest food in the country) disney ha s great restaurants. lecellier. ohanas. kona,MAMA melrose, concourse. stay on disney prop. use the dining plan (free or not). it is the only way to utilize all tha disney has to offer. whatever you decide: enjoy!:cloud9: