PDA

View Full Version : Park music that stirs emotion

DISFREAKS
04-13-2007, 08:10 PM
The other day DW and I were cruising the boards while listening to Sorcerers Radio and Tapistry of Nations came on. I looked at DW and she was tearing up. When I asked her if she was OK, she said the song makes her a little sad because thats what they play in EPCOT as your leaving.
Is there a certian song in the parks that stirs the same emotions in anyone else?:sad:

Davyjones
04-13-2007, 08:14 PM
I always tear up when I hear "Circle of Life" at the Land after the environmental film starring Simba, Timon and Pumbaa. The music and the images are so powerful! It also probably has something to do with the fact that I am a zookeeper. ;)

Christine
04-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Anytime I hear "When You Wish Upon a Star" I get a lump in my throat.

cinderellagrl
04-13-2007, 08:24 PM
two for me: one is the obvious... WISHES! I love when the kids sing...always tears at my heart strings

number two is Spectromagic... I don't care for the parade, but somehow the music just SCREAMS disney to me!

Pirate Granny
04-13-2007, 09:05 PM
I LOVE the EPCOT music that plays as we are leaving...sometimes if we are in the Showcase it takes a while to walk to the front and hit the stores...it's almost empty and the music is beautiful...and the LIGHTS in the sidewalk just make my ENTIRE trip...then one last visit with 'Dad' who is memorialized in the Legacy pictures on the way out...I have to say...I can't wait until next week....:pirate:

Donald A
04-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Baroque Hoedown from the Electric Light Parade!

Gator
04-13-2007, 09:56 PM
You'll never hear on it internet radio, but the most compelling music I've ever heard at Disney was at the Candlelight Processional - the Hallejlujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah is so intense. It was all I could do to keep from jumping up and down, hands up, and shouting.

BrerStitch
04-13-2007, 10:51 PM
For me I think it would be the music to Spectromagic! It brings a tear to the eye every time I hear it.

TheRustyScupper
04-14-2007, 11:40 AM
EPCOT
. . . Fife & Drum Corps - God Bless America

dctape
04-14-2007, 12:26 PM
Ditto on Wishes. Whenever my wife and I miss the MK we bring up a video of the show on Youtube. I wish the iTunes store had the fireworks version of the song for download.

darthmacho
04-14-2007, 12:45 PM
The Castle Medley always reminds me of my little princesses. :princess:

Touchdown
04-14-2007, 12:51 PM
The begining of the MK opening show and the "Welcome to the Magic Kingdom" as well as the Goodnight Kiss get me every time.

cetacean01
04-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Spectromagic, always reminds me of the firsttime I went to WDW!

Get to take my son for his 6th birthday and his first time this July. If you are there on the
17th,:secret: I'll be the grown man bawling like a child during the Parade LOL!

handmaidenofprincesses
04-14-2007, 01:21 PM
double ditto on wishes! when my friend and i go in july i've already warned her that we're going to end up seeing it at least twice. I <3 the music! I wish i could find sheet music for it.... i have all 15minutes and 55 seconds on my mp3 player! :)

Meteora
04-14-2007, 02:39 PM
My mom wanted to go to DW her whole life, and her parents never took her. She finally went with friends when she was in her twenties. When she walked through the castle for the first time, When You Wish Upon a Star started playing, and she burst into tears. It's been an emotional song for her ever since.

For me, it's the last part of the song they play at Fantasmic!, when Sorcerer Mickey is shooting off fireworks. Gets me every time. It's wonderful when you're sitting in an arena full of elementary school children and you're the only one crying. :mickey:

JERSEYDISFAN
04-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Being an EPCOT addict, the sound track from Soarin', Impressions de France and Golden Dream from The American Adventure raise the hairs on the back of my neck every time.

LauraSAnne
04-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Mine would have to be when you reach the top of Spaceship Earth and the whole descent back down. It's so empowering and moving and just makes me let out the biggest sigh. I hope that won't be changing during the refurb!

handmaidenofprincesses
04-14-2007, 04:35 PM
double ditto on wishes! when my friend and i go in july i've already warned her that we're going to end up seeing it at least twice. I <3 the music! I wish i could find sheet music for it.... i have all 15minutes and 55 seconds on my mp3 player! :)

njsmama
04-14-2007, 04:54 PM
ALL OF THEM!!!!:blush:

LoriMistress
04-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Usually, its music that plays throughout the parks. That always gets me teary eyed.

slt21
04-14-2007, 11:37 PM
I love the music (and narration, for that matter) on Spaceship Earth, but I especially love the music near the end. It just gives me chills!

Wish I had it to listen to...I'm afraid it will be gone by my next trip with the renovations on SE.:(

Mickey91
04-19-2007, 12:54 PM
I love the music (and narration, for that matter) on Spaceship Earth, but I especially love the music near the end. It just gives me chills!

Wish I had it to listen to...I'm afraid it will be gone by my next trip with the renovations on SE.:(
Check out some of the park CD's from the past. Tomorrow's Child has some of the instrumental music and was actually part of the show at one time.
I am also going to miss the music. It is one of the best parts of the ride and what I most look forward to at EPCOT. Not everything changes for the better. But, we will make that judgement next year I suppose.:(

Jared
04-19-2007, 01:15 PM
The soundtracks of all four major nighttime spectaculars--Fantasmic!, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, Wishes and SpectroMagic--all create specific emotional responses.

These shows contain music powerful enough to elicit a response just by listening to a CD.

:)

PixiePrincess
04-19-2007, 01:37 PM
I, too, love the music in Epcot as you are leaving the park.

Eeyore Phan
04-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Definitely Spectromagic! It's a great way to start a trip b/c hearing the music puts me in a Disney mood.

lyle21
04-19-2007, 04:50 PM
i don't know what it is, but nothing makes me want to go to wdw like a thread on their goofy music. the main street music is corny, but i love it. i'd rather burn a banjo than be subjected to its twang in the real world, but in frontierland at night it is sublime. the castle medleys are cheesy, but get me every single time.

and of course i can't forget that monument to the bombastic, reflections of earth. i actually do not like the whole globe thing, but the music that plays while it comes to the center gets me all lumpy in the throat, florid, creepy, beautiful, i love it.

WEDTOPIA
04-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Virtually all the music that I associate with WDW, past or present , triggers an emotional response inside me. But for pure tear welling , I'll have to go with " Golden Dream ". It gets me every time.

Some runner-ups would include Spectromagic , Wishes , Impressions de France , and anything sung by The Voices of Liberty. And ,as a general rule ,every time I hear the Wilderness Lodge loop on Mouse House Radio, I get an urge to pack my bags .

:mickey:

Exo
04-19-2007, 07:44 PM
EPCOT
. . . Fife & Drum Corps - God Bless America

AMEN!! :thumbsup:

:beer:

TIdoubleGR
04-20-2007, 08:50 AM
I get choaked up listening to Tapestry of Nations when I'm in my car, let alone when I'm in the parks...I, too, am a bit of an Epcot geek (woo!)...I always have to dance along with the Innoventions Area music, I *love* the score to SSE....

In general though, I love all the background loops in the park. WDW is the only place where your life really *does* have background music no matter which land you step into, no matter which ride you're on. :thumbsup:

Bear Lee
04-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Baroque Hoedown from the Electric Light Parade!

+1 :number1:

probably the happiest song ever written.

Marker
04-20-2007, 09:15 AM
Ok, obviously "It's A Small World" puts a smile on my face and makes me happy.

But, here lately, the "Welcome Medley" from the MK opening, and off of the new Where The Music Lives CD I bought on our trip in March, just warms my heart. I love hearing that.

Vanlandingham
04-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Let's see, for me its a few things. One of the ones that gets me the most is the orchestral version of Golden Dreams that is played around the EPCOT entrance.

I'm also a sucker for the music on Main Street and the music that plays in the Polynesian room of Small World.

And there is this one other song that I sadly don't know the name to or anything, but I do know that its part of the loop that they play at the WDWRR Main Street Station, and occasionally at the Toontown station. I've been a fan of that one for years now.

TheMartellFamily
04-20-2007, 10:10 AM
The whole music from Illuminations and then while walking out it is the music from Tapestry of dreams. I love it. What is so nice is that at a certain time each night they play this reel on one of the computer staions. it is so nice it just brings me to my happy place.

cuul1
04-20-2007, 01:05 PM
I love listening to the spaceship earth music, especially Tomorrow's Child. It reminds me of the times when I was at Disney when I was really young, always put a smile on my face :mickey:
And I can't deny the music of Spectromagic, it's such a catchy tune and fun!

PracticallyPerfectMollie
04-20-2007, 01:32 PM
How do you find all of these radio stations? I know they are internet ones and I know of one. I sure wish XM had a station that played park music.

As for what gets me, all of it really. Commercials, the planning video, soundtracks, even just conjuring it up in my head can bring me to tears because they are all attached to wonderful memories. Currently Spectromagic probably gets me the quickest. :crying:

TheAdventurer
04-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Illuminations is the big one for me. I have it on my mp3 player, and when I had to get my wisdom teeth removed I brought it with me to the dentist so I could listen to Illuminations why he was working on my teeth and think "Happy place! Happy place!" :D

dolphinmickey9170
04-20-2007, 02:40 PM
The other day DW and I were cruising the boards while listening to Sorcerers Radio and Tapistry of Nations came on. I looked at DW and she was tearing up. When I asked her if she was OK, she said the song makes her a little sad because thats what they play in EPCOT as your leaving.
Is there a certian song in the parks that stirs the same emotions in anyone else?:sad:
I got teary eyed just reading this.....but I agree, I love ToN music. I bought the CD in 2000 when we were there for the milennium, I listed so much, I had to replace the CD (thank GOD for Amazon), but I get this teary-eyed way because my daughters were younger, and so in need of everything from Mom. This doesn't seem to be the way anymore. Teenagers...ya know.....they grow up....:cry: Can't they just stay little forever???? Golden Dream also makes the tears flow....it is just so moving. I also have to say Wishes, as we got married just 10 minutes before we got married at the Polynesian and then jumped in the boat for a Wishes cruise.

dolphinmickey9170
04-20-2007, 02:42 PM
How do you find all of these radio stations? I know they are internet ones and I know of one. I sure wish XM had a station that played park music.

As for what gets me, all of it really. Commercials, the planning video, soundtracks, even just conjuring it up in my head can bring me to tears because they are all attached to wonderful memories. Currently Spectromagic probably gets me the quickest. :crying:
live365 has these stations right on your computer, free player download, just put "Intercot" in the search box, you can also search Disney. You will see lots of music