PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Holiday?

DisneyBabe
04-13-2007, 07:25 PM
I have a question: We go to WDW every year, but we have never been to Disneyland. I was wondering if they ever re-do the Haunted Mansion in WDW like they do for the one in Disneyland. Since I am a big fan of "The Nightmare Before Christmas", I was hoping they did...;)

Also, how long does it take them to do all of those renovations....goodness!

TexasPrincessAurora
04-13-2007, 07:54 PM
They only do the "Nightmare Before Christmas" overlay at Disneyland, not at WDW. I think they close the attraction for about a month prior to put the overlay in and then a month after the holidays to take it down.

WDWfanatic742
04-13-2007, 08:01 PM
There have been rumor's left and right about it coming down here to Florida every year for awhile. With the rehab coming this year for the Mansion, I doubt that they will want to mess with things a couple month's after rehabing it. Especially if they decide to put anything new into the ride.

GenieOfPA
04-13-2007, 08:33 PM
they only make the DLR version of THM into the nightmare before christmas... to my knowledge they don't do anything special to the WDW version

NotaGeek
04-14-2007, 02:32 AM
they only make the DLR version of THM into the nightmare before christmas... to my knowledge they don't do anything special to the WDW version

Actually, Haunted Mansion Holiday runs at DLR in October well before Halloween through the 1st week of January. The ride closes mid-Septemberish through mid-Octoberish for installation. :jack:

tinkwest
04-14-2007, 02:59 PM
... Also, how long does it take them to do all of those renovations....goodness!

Last season Haunted Mansion was closed from about the 10th of September until the end of that same month for the transformation to the Holiday version. :jack:

A week in to the new year it shut down for about two weeks to switch back to the regular grim grinning ghosts version. :hmghost:

battle beast
04-14-2007, 10:26 PM
NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!:mad:

The Haunted Mansion was clsoed most of last year for a refurbishment. They ONLY close the ride for ONE DAY (NOV 30th, January 10 or 11th, usually) to change it. NOT FOR A WHOLE MONTH! and they ONLY do it at Christmas time! :thumbsup:

I myself don't like the change. I perfer the regualr overlay.:D

BrerGnat
04-14-2007, 11:02 PM
They ONLY close the ride for ONE DAY (NOV 30th, January 10 or 11th, usually) to change it. NOT FOR A WHOLE MONTH! and they ONLY do it at Christmas time! :thumbsup:

No, you are wrong. Sorry. I have been an AP holder at DLR for the past six years.

Haunted Mansion Holiday is available from the FIRST WEEK
of OCTOBER -January 7, every year. Remember, it's as much about HALLOWEEN as Christmas.

The overlay takes approximately 3 weeks of "down time" to complete. It's faster to take down than to put up.

Melanie
04-15-2007, 05:23 AM

The Haunted Mansion was clsoed most of last year for a refurbishment. They ONLY close the ride for ONE DAY (NOV 30th, January 10 or 11th, usually) to change it. NOT FOR A WHOLE MONTH! and they ONLY do it at Christmas time! :thumbsup:

What are you so angry about (using caps and the :mad: symbol)? :confused: No need!

As Natalie stated, you are wrong. With the detail that goes into that overlay, there is no way they could get all that done in one day. No way! If you are familiar with the movie, you know it has to do with both the Halloween and Christmas holidays, thus the overlay remaining in place for over two months.

DisneyBabe
04-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Aw....oh well! I guess when we decide to take a trip to California, we'll have to go when they overlay the ride. I have to say, it's pretty impressive how quickly they are able to refurbish the whole ride...wow! I saw a video clip of it on YouTube.;)

Carol
04-15-2007, 09:18 PM
Aw....oh well! I guess when we decide to take a trip to California, we'll have to go when they overlay the ride. I have to say, it's pretty impressive how quickly they are able to refurbish the whole ride...wow! I saw a video clip of it on YouTube.;)I would definitely plan on that. I was there mid November and was able to see both the Haunted Mansion and 'it's a small world' overlays. I'm so glad I did. Both are worth the price of admission. I believe the Mansion was open at the very end of September last year to coincide with their Halloween festivities.

Chescat
04-16-2007, 03:06 PM
I also agree with Natalie since I have gone to everyone of the 6 first weekends that the Mansion Nightmare Before XMAS starts since its the time of my anniversary. The Mansion shuts down the Monday after Labor Day weekend and opens up the 1st Friday in October. Then closes the week after New Years Day.

I think what you are referring to about Mansion being closed last year was it was closed earlier in the year for the upgrade changing the brides room and some other things. It had reopened by 1st of May since I was there then and saw the new stuff.

If you are into Halloween, last year they started the Halloween Event in DCA and had the Big Thunder ranch done up for Halloween.

Small World normally closes in Oct and then reopens around the 2nd week of November. The Christmas Decorations and shows all start up same time. Then Small World goes down a little bit after Mansion by a couple weeks.

I tend to like the 2nd week of November. Christmas at the park is so magical and neat. But this year was a pain on that weekend since they were filming the Disney Christmas Parade they show at Christmas and that was a total mess.