PDA

View Full Version : Something wrong?

mttafire
04-13-2007, 01:28 PM
We all know Intercot is raising money for a new server.:mickey: However, Lately the boards are excessively slow. Is there a reason? This has only been going on the past few days. Im anqious for the new server update and im happy so many contributed. I was just wondering if there is a completely different reason things are slow?

John
04-13-2007, 01:33 PM
We all know Intercot is raising money for a new server.:mickey: However, Lately the boards are excessively slow. Is there a reason? This has only been going on the past few days. Im anqious for the new server update and im happy so many contributed. I was just wondering if there is a completely different reason things are slow?

No - the reason is one and the same. The server is overloaded. Too many visitors, too many discussion board users. This board is SQL and PHP based and it's a memory hog.

It's actually been longer than the last couple days - but with summer travel just ahead and vacation planning going on - it's gonna get this way. There is nothing I can do but buy a new dedicated server.

This is why it's important to raise as much as we can - so that we can buy as powerful a server as we can. That way, we won't have this problem again for a long time and the site we know and love can grow and thrive.

BTW, on the same subject - if any ICOTee knows MySQL and can recommend some fine tuning to get it to work better, by all means contact me.

lindique
04-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks for getting the boards back up - I was about to go into withdrawal! :D

SgtTigger
04-13-2007, 10:11 PM
if any ICOTee knows MySQL and can recommend some fine tuning to get it to work better, by all means contact me.

OK John I have no Idea what that means but I could come and Whack it on its side a few times.... That always helped with my old TV.....

:badpc:

:cop: :tigger:

mttafire
04-13-2007, 10:31 PM
No - the reason is one and the same. The server is overloaded. Too many visitors, too many discussion board users. This board is SQL and PHP based and it's a memory hog.

It's actually been longer than the last couple days - but with summer travel just ahead and vacation planning going on - it's gonna get this way. There is nothing I can do but buy a new dedicated server.

This is why it's important to raise as much as we can - so that we can buy as powerful a server as we can. That way, we won't have this problem again for a long time and the site we know and love can grow and thrive.

BTW, on the same subject - if any ICOTee knows MySQL and can recommend some fine tuning to get it to work better, by all means contact me.
Thanks for the info John. Lets hope you get what you need to make this site continue to be the best. I am going to try to make an adiitional contrubution before the deadline. Regards,Shawn

Noah's Helper
04-14-2007, 09:44 AM
The server is overloaded. Too many visitors, too many discussion board users.

Well, let's just kick some folks off! ;)

I'm kidding, of course. Keep the contributions coming in, folks, so John can provide a proper solution. :thumbsup: