PDA

View Full Version : Charging tips to room?

TexasPrincessAurora
04-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Just checking if you can charge your waiter/cabin steward tips to your room or if you need cash for that? Thanks!

TammiMcMan
04-13-2007, 11:18 PM
You can charge them to your room, but you have to set aside a little time to go through that process.

What will happen, is the day before your last full night, you'll receive envelopes for all the tipped positions. If you want to charge the tips to your room, you need to head down to the guest services desk and let them know the dollar amount for each position. They'll print off a voucher that you can put inside the envelope instead of cash.

My suggestion if you're going to do this, is to try and get to the desk earlier in the day. Many guests wait until right before their last dinner to do it and you can be waiting in line for a while. You can bring your envelopes to your final dinner and hand them out (that seems to be when they're most expected).

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-14-2007, 11:49 PM
I think my sister had made arrangements to charge the tips to her room when she booked the trip and had them put that on her charge also. We went to the desk kind of later in the evening before the last night and didn't have any wait.

TammiMcMan
04-15-2007, 12:26 AM
I think my sister had made arrangements to charge the tips to her room when she booked the tripI've never heard of this before with Disney, maybe it's something new? Did they have the vouchers waiting for her in the stateroom when she arrived?