PDA

View Full Version : Next week's crowds...light?

allenwealth
04-13-2007, 12:27 PM
To the experienced disney goer's:
what can we expect next week crowd-wise?...after spring break and before school is out seems like the crowds will be considerably less. Thoughts/advice...thanks

Eeyore's Pal
04-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Welcome to Intercot!!:welcome:

I can't say from experience, but I think next week may still be fairly crowded. I know Maine schools don't start spring vacation until next week. I'm not sure how many states are out. We have at least two people from my office heading down.

McGoofy
04-13-2007, 01:46 PM
I agree with the previous poster that it might still be fairly crowded. My birthday is 4/21, and I have been twice during my birthday over the last few years. Crowds were pretty steady but not nearly as bad as spring break during the week of Easter. I think it all is relational to when Easter falls as well. This year Easter will have already been 2 weeks past, so maybe it won't be too bad for you. Here's hoping! :tink:

I'm going down May 6 myself, so I'm hoping for the same thing as you.:mickey:

Red Randal
04-13-2007, 07:30 PM
I went the week before Memorial Day in 2004 and it was the best trip I've ever taken. Perfect weather and the lines were perfectly manageable. With only marginal planning and use of Fastpass we never waited longer than about 20 minutes for something. We were also able to do Tower of Terror multiple times with no wait.

I would imagine the crowds that week would be similar to when you are going (it might have been a little less for me.) I wouldn't expect things to be too bad. Compared to the summer months and, especially, Christmas, it should be wonderful.

joelkfla
04-13-2007, 11:22 PM
The MK hours are always a good indicator of what crowd level Disney is expecting.

This week, the park was open until midnight every night. Next week, it cuts back to 10 or 11 p.m. So Disney is still expecting pretty good crowds, but not holiday crowds.

Be aware that the MK closes early next Friday & Saturday for Grad Nites, so make sure to get your MK night in earlier in the week.

pogo
04-14-2007, 12:27 AM
:welcome:To Intercot !
This is one of my favorite weeks to do Disney.:thumbsup:

The crowds are there but not as many as the week before. Some parks will be more crowded, some less. AK for example will be crowded because of the way they funnel people through. :(

MGM will be wide open. Epcot will not be bad, but MK will see crowds increase during the day.:mickey:

We are not arrriving until Thursday so the crowds will be heavy until Sunday and then get smaller.

The extended weather forecast looks good:cloud9: for the dates we will be there.

Good luck, enjoy your trip and maybe we'll run into each other. :D