PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Villas 2bd Preferred or Standard

mook3y
04-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Hi,

We had to change our dates around recently and are now booked at Boardwalk Villas in 2bd with preferred view.

My question is... how different is the views. Is there any really good views from preferred? ie: can see fireworks.

Or would it be better to get standard view and stay an extra night for only 4 points more?

Enquiring mind wants your opinions!!!

Thanks!

pox24
04-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Glad you asked. We've done it twice. Preferred will get you overlooking the Boardwalk and yes you can see Illuminations. The Standard will get you looking at the front parking lot or the pool. If you request preferred also ask for the views from over The Wayland Gallery, its much closer to the lobby.

mook3y
04-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Glad you asked. We've done it twice. Preferred will get you overlooking the Boardwalk and yes you can see Illuminations. The Standard will get you looking at the front parking lot or the pool. If you request preferred also ask for the views from over The Wayland Gallery, its much closer to the lobby.
Sweet. thanks for the tip! doing it now! I wasnt sure if any of the villa's overlooked the boardwalk.

DVCJohn
04-13-2007, 01:12 PM
The Boardwalk Villas actually now list 3 Views.
The Standard View would be of a parking lot or some other non-scenic area. Preferred View is around a swimming pool or a view of the canal that goes to MGM. There is now Boardwalk View that has to be specifically requested. Boardwalk View was part of the Preferred View but DVC made the change about 2 years ago.
There is no difference in the points for Boardwalk View and Preferred View. If you want to see the fireworks from Epcot from your balcany, you will need to request Boardwalk View when you make your reservations with Member Services.

Only 16 more days unit I get to enjoy my Boardwalk View.

TinksPixieDust
04-14-2007, 01:26 PM
you must be careful though! we went in july last year and booked a preferred view granted we booked later than usually, but we could have saved some points.... we got put on the 1st floor waayyyyyyy at the end looking at the swan and dolphin. in our eyes it wasnt really a "preferred view" even though the swan and dlophin were sort of across the canal... we mainly looked at the cement wall before the bridge and it couldnt have been any further away from everything. We still had fun...but when my dad booked this time he requested not in the dungeon haha :)

Maleficent's Dad
04-14-2007, 02:34 PM
My question is... how different is the views. Is there any really good views from preferred? ie: can see fireworks.

Or would it be better to get standard view and stay an extra night for only 4 points more?
A few things to note:

Not all preferred views can see the Boardwalk (as stated above)
Not all preferred views (very few in fact) can see fireworks
Some Standard can actually see EPCOT's fireworks (just the top of Illuminations)
It all depends on where your room is located - the "view" is just what you see directly out your window - it has NOTHING to do with park or fireworks views.

locodemickey
04-14-2007, 09:54 PM
What is the best standard view location for a studio? Along those lines, is there a location that is not so good in terms of getting to the pool or MGM and Epcot? Is there a map found on the Internet somewhere that shows the locations of the categories of the rooms (standard, prefered etc)?