PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Help

meldan98
04-13-2007, 12:18 PM
We will be at the MK on 12/5 to celebrate my DD's 4th birthday. We want to go to CRT to have a meal, but I'm not sure which meal would be better for a Birthday. Should we go for breakfast, lunch or dinner? Other than they food, what's different about each meal? If we do lunch or dinner, can we order a birthday cake? If we do get a birthday cake, does it include a candle?

Strmchsr
04-13-2007, 12:22 PM
There is no real difference in the meal other than the food. You still get lots of character interaction, so it would depend upon which meal your DD enjoys most. As for a birthday cake with candle, I know I've seen the cake, but I don't recall a candle. Not saying they don't do it, I just don't remember seeing one.

sbryan84
04-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Im going down in Sept with my boyfriend to celebrate my birthday, im turning 23- but your never too old for disney!! I was told to mention it when i check in- what benefits are their to telling them its your birthday??

And will they think its weird because im so old??:secret:

oh and since i dont know how to quite work intercot, can someone message me on here to give me an answer because ia lways have a hard time coming back to find the thread i post on?? (or help me find this) THANKS!!

snuggs30
04-13-2007, 12:50 PM
We will be there on the 25th for my hubby's bday(turning 55:secret: ) and we will be dining at sci-fi, I was told by reservations that we can order a cake from their bakery. Its very expensive though.. a 6" cake feeds 4 is 12.50 and a 8" is 25.00. They can put HB to ____ on them, i dont know about a candle?? You might want to ask. As far as other bakery's in the diffrent parks you may want to call the one at MGM that i called and talked to and maybe they can help you.. the number is (407) 560-3551. Hope that helps

Strmchsr
04-13-2007, 01:02 PM
oh and since i dont know how to quite work intercot, can someone message me on here to give me an answer because ia lways have a hard time coming back to find the thread i post on?? (or help me find this) THANKS!!

:welcome: to Intercot! Your PM with help is on the way.

illini
04-13-2007, 01:14 PM
I would aim for breakfast as it's slightly less expensive than the other meals and you're not there for the food. IMO, the food is fine but it isn't the draw. Next choice would be lunch. Dinner doesn't have the same character interaction so I wouldn't do that.

My two oldest have celebrated their 5th bdays at Disney. At breakfast and dinner, they were always presented with a cute cupcake complete with candle. CRT did this as well. The cupcakes were big enough to share between two kids.

Mickey91
04-13-2007, 01:55 PM
We will be at the MK on 12/5 to celebrate my DD's 4th birthday. We want to go to CRT to have a meal, but I'm not sure which meal would be better for a Birthday. Should we go for breakfast, lunch or dinner? Other than they food, what's different about each meal? If we do lunch or dinner, can we order a birthday cake? If we do get a birthday cake, does it include a candle?
If you go to CRT I would definitely recommend the Breakfast. They bring out a cupcake with a candle and sing HB. Also, if you are staying onsight, make sure to mention her birthday. We stayed at the Poly for our DD's 6th birthday and when we came back to the room that evening, they had a table cloth on the bed w/ an 8" round cake for the family to share, ballons and party hats, plates, napkins, silverware, confetti, and a signed photo of Cinderella for DH and a signed photo for DS from Mickey! It was awesome!! The special treatment may vary by resort but it is worth mentioning. Also, don't forget to call the reservations exactly 180 days from your check in date for CRT at 7:00 AM EST. They go in about 5 min.
Oh, and make sure to check in at each park customer service to get your it's my birthday button! All the cast members and characters will make her feel special all week.

Have fun!!!:party:

meldan98
04-14-2007, 12:37 PM
We will be celebrating a couple of things on this trip, my dd's birthday and my parent's 40th Anniversary, so both will be all over our reservations. I'm already prepared to set my alarm for 3:30am (PT) to get my tail feathers out of bed to make all of our reservations. It will take me a few minutes to become cooherent enough to talk and make sense that early in the morning.

I think we will try and do breakfast and then if we can't get breakfast go with lunch.

Yippeee!!! I can't wait!!!