PDA

View Full Version : Private Messages

Tinkermom
04-13-2007, 09:27 AM
I have sent 3 private messages in the past couple of weeks to 3 different folks and since I had not gotten a reply I thought I would check to see the status of them. I cannot find them when I go to "track messages". :confused: I realize that the people that I sent these to may just not have been back on Intercot but I want to make sure that they were truly sent. I notice that when I send a PM now I no longer get the message "do you want a read receipt?". Could I have inadvertently changed something in my User CP? Thanks!

Christine
04-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Where you see the "jump to folder" pull down menu, click on Sent Items. This will show if they went through.

You can also see which messages have been received and which have not where it says "you have _ confirmed messages and _ unconfirmed".

Tinkermom
04-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Ah, thanks! So now I see the messages in the sent folder. Although it still says I have 17 confirmed and 0 unconfirmed Private Messages. This number has not changed even immediately after sending the PM when obviously the person I had sent it to had not read it yet. When I check the sent folder it says I have 19 sent messages. It just seems that the count is incorrect. LOL, I am so confused!:blush:

How do I get a "read receipt"? It used to automatically ask me if I wanted a receipt but I no longer get that message when I send a PM. Is there something I need to change? I keep thinking I must have changed something by accident.

Christine
04-13-2007, 10:27 AM
It doesn't ask me anymore if I want a read receipt either. Something may have changed on INTERCOT itself??

I wish I could be of more help...but alas, what I wrote is all I know. :blush: I am sure someone will be along shortly...

Carol
04-13-2007, 10:32 AM
The 'read receipt' is no longer automatic with the new software. It's now an option.

If you are sending a message - scroll down beyond the text box and you see these options;

Miscellaneous Options
Request a read receipt for this message
Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder.
Show your signature
Automatically parse links in text
Disable smilies in text

If you want a receipt just click that option. :thumbsup:

Tinkermom
04-13-2007, 11:00 AM
I knew I was missing something! Thanks Carol!:thumbsup:

Darbylew
04-13-2007, 08:51 PM
I have used private message and have always
gotten an answer. What I am having a problem
is having to log in every time I go to Intercot.
Is anyone else having this trouble. I have never
had to log in every time before. :confused: