PDA

View Full Version : The Kingdom Keepers!

mouseketeer mom
04-13-2007, 08:39 AM
I just found a terrific way to get my Disney "fix" while driving! I listened to a book on tape, The Kingdom Keepers, by Ridley Pearson. It was a fantasy about 5 teens turned into holograms who need to save the Magic Kingdom from "overtakers", evil villians come to life! Sounds strange, but the author did his research and there are many many true to life references to the parks. It was fun and entertaining. I could imagine where he was in the parks, I could see it all in my mind and it was great fun. Lots of references to Walt and his vision. Has anyone else read or listened to this book? My kids, ages 12, 11, and 7, loved it too!

Diznee4Me
04-13-2007, 09:25 AM
I read it a couple of years ago and thought it was pretty entertaining. My DD also read it and really enjoyed it.

BrerSchultzy
04-13-2007, 09:44 AM
I read it last summer (my wife kinda chuckled)...but I don't think it was too big a hit. I know that the ending keeps you in suspense for a sequel, and I'm still hoping...but there's no news yet.

The book itself was neat...not exactly the best writing (some of the dialog between the "teens" was pretty ridiculous), but the imagery of Disney World (especially WDW after dark) was very well done.

Ian
04-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Friends of ours lent me this book about 6 months ago. It sat on a shelf because, honestly, I though it looked ridiculous and I absolutely no desire to read it.

At one point, though, I ran out of thing to read and my Amazon order hadn't arrived yet, so I picked it up.

Much like BrerSchultzy, I thought it was entertaining. I think part of it was I wasn't expecting to like it, so it was a nice surprise.

The writing was mediocre at best (and in some spots choppy and barely believeable), but it was neat nevertheless. I'd recommend it to big Disney fans only.

indytraveler
04-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Does anyone know who the author is for this book. MY DD goes through about a book a week and she would probably like this one too. Thanks.

Darbylew
04-13-2007, 08:45 PM
I have read the book. It was very interesting.
I enjoyed it. :mickey: