PDA

View Full Version : Putting Together A Disney Presentation

imaprincess!
04-13-2007, 07:38 AM
A friend of mine is a 5th grade teacher. She mentioned that many of her students didn't know that Walt Disney was a real person! She then said she told them he was indeed, and that he was cryogenically frozen .... :shake: then our kids interrupted us and the conversation came to a halt. My idea is put together a presentation to educate her and her class about Walt Disney.

I'd like suggestions on what I should give her.

I have all the Travel Channel "behind Disney" shows on tape; thought that'd be a good start.

rkmemkc
04-13-2007, 08:36 AM
If you are not sure of the story...please don't make stuff up and tell our kids! I use Snopes for a great deal of information. Here is a link that has so much information and links in it to educate anyone on the wonderful Mr. Disney! Thanks for your post...it helps us realize that there are still so many out there who don't understand his significance.
http://www.snopes.com/disney/waltdisn/frozen.htm#add

:mickey:

indytraveler
04-13-2007, 11:37 AM
I was only going to suggest a couple of biographies on Walt. My DD did a living history of Walt in the 5th grade and made a nice 3 fold poster board of his life with the main facts. However, after reading some info on him I was learning as well. It all depends on how much time you have to spend on it.

Another story same DD... She had a chance to give a 5 min. speach about a famous American in a 7th grade class. She chose Walt again for this. Well the entire class laughed openly at her but she persevered. Not only did she give them 5 min., but the remainder of the class time about 20 min. was devoted to "learning" more about Walt.

This is a fascinating person who had vision and ideas beyond belief. Good luck in your pursuit.

imaprincess!
04-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Thanks for your replies. This will be a labor of love for me and will be a nice break for a day for my friend who is 7 months pregnant! :baby:

Gosh Baltimore, how do you get to WDW so often?

pook@wdw
04-14-2007, 04:17 PM
I don't think kids today realize what a TRUE visionary Walt Disney was.:exactly: They only asscoiate him w/Disneyland or WDW. He is about SOOO much more! Did you know, he invented the "multi-plane camera". Or about his work w/film and animation. But everyone knows about his love for children and his desire to provide a place for all families to enjoy TOGETHER!:dance: I, for one, never tire of hearing/watching anything about him or his work. His is a truly incredible story!!:thumbsup:

rkmemkc
04-16-2007, 03:06 PM
:blush:
[/QUOTE]Gosh Baltimore, how do you get to WDW so often?[/QUOTE]

We have it down to a science now....I search all the deals and get the best price so its do-able for us! This (Intercot) is the only place I can proudly show how many times I have been...even the family thinks I should travel elsewhere. They think I don't realize there is a whole world out there. I have been out there...Hawaii, Chicago, Canada...etc but there is only one place with so much MAGIC! Thanks for listening...:soapbox: ...as always!