PDA

View Full Version : Tinkerbell Movie

imaprincess!
04-13-2007, 06:57 AM
Sorry if this topic has already been discussed ... it's been a while since I've been on the boards.

What is the status of the Tinkerbell movie? I am under the impression it is being released straight to DVD. Is this correct? :confused:

flying carpet
04-13-2007, 08:22 AM
I dont know but it looks terriable. The animation is to computer :ack: . I wish Disney would go and draw a movie. They are beautiful when drawn.

Figgyluv03
04-13-2007, 12:41 PM
I havne't heard anything either. I just keep seeing the previews on all the new Disney movies that are coming out. I've also seen a few for the Little Mermaid III, and have yet to see anything for that as well.

imaprincess!
04-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Thanks - please post if anyone hears anything. Oh, and I agree ... we need some Disney animation, not all this computer-generated material.

PAPMOM
04-14-2007, 09:12 PM
I did see that it's not available until 2008 and on DVD. My daughter is a hugh fan.

minnie-mouse
09-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Does anyone know when this movie is coming out? Will it be in the theatres or straight to video?

LauraleeH
09-30-2008, 12:34 PM
It's going straight to dvd, and it comes out October 28th.

Suz36
10-02-2008, 08:41 PM
We are so excited about this! It feels like we've been waiting for it for 2 years now!

LauraleeH
10-02-2008, 09:38 PM
I think it's actually been longer than that lol. I agree, though! :cloud9:

minnie-mouse
10-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Why not release it in the theatre? It would be a big hit with the kids.

NotaGeek
10-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Why not release it in the theater? It would be a big hit with the kids.
It usually means that the movie isn't great ... it costs a lot of money to release a movie in the theaters. Too bad Disney didn't really stop it's "straight to video" thing.

tracibell
10-16-2008, 07:11 PM
It looks really cute based on the previews. I've always loved Tinkerbell so I've been really excited about this movie since I heard it was coming out.

Disney's straight-to-video movies are really hit or miss with me. Here's hoping the Tinkerbell movie is worth our anticipation! :tink:

handmaidenofprincesses
10-16-2008, 07:52 PM
One of the CM's at the Disney Store and I were talking, and I mentioned that it took a really long time for them to put out a concrete release date (I worked at TDS until last June, and everytime we turned around there was another release date posted... I believe it was originally supposed to come out last November!) She told me that the ads for it had generated such interest that the entire movie had been scrapped and done over, which is why they've been advertising it for well over two years. So, hopefully, it'll be a good movie!!

btw, if you're already planning on buying the movie, the Disney Store is preselling it rght now. You can get a 15% coupon and a cute necklace with your purchase of the movie (I didn't get it yet... I was only there to pick up Sleeping Beauty and buy the Wall.E presale :thumbsup:)

Zippy 1
10-30-2008, 09:41 PM
:tink: My DD 14 and I just watched the movie. We loved it. It was colorful and bright. The music was good too. I was not sure I would like Tink with a voice but it fit. It gives you her background. I hope they make additional movies.:number1:

TexasPrincessAurora
10-30-2008, 10:17 PM
We loved it as well! The movie was entertaining and the music was beautiful. There are 3 more movies set to release in the next 3 years.

BigRedDad
10-31-2008, 09:01 AM
I think it was cute and enjoyable. It is definitely clear why it went straight to DVD. It would not have survived in the theater.

SPOILER ***DO NOT HIGHLIGHT BELOW IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE IT***

I liked how Wendy was at the end with the music box dancer.

END SPOILER

Hayden's Dad
10-31-2008, 09:02 AM
I HAVE TO AGREE IT WAS GREAT!!! I really like the way they didn't just focus on the "girl" fairies and made some of the Sparrow Men play good supporting roles.

mdhiggin
10-31-2008, 01:13 PM
Cool! Invisible writing! My kids were saying that was going to happen when she got to the city. My nephew said it wasn't. He thinks he's too big for Tink, so he likes to be argumentative.

RedSoxFan
11-01-2008, 10:24 PM
DD12 and her two friends watched Tinkerbell this morning when they woke up. They all loved it.

ibrowse17
11-01-2008, 10:32 PM
I got it for DW today, and she is watching it as I type:thumbsup:

mickeys_princess_mom
11-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Adorable! :tink:

J9
11-02-2008, 06:07 PM
I have to agree. I went and rented it all by my 26-year-old self....and I kinda loved it! LOL! I think it's hilarious that I was able to pick out Kristin Chenoweth, America Ferrara, and Kathy Najimy right away! LOL!

And, unleashing my inner dork, I can totally see how a fanbase will spring up around these movies with fanfic and fanart and the like...

sleepingbooty
11-02-2008, 06:22 PM
I thought it was pretty cute. But am I crazy - or was it originally set to come out at the theaters? I thought I remembered seeing trailers for it, and they never said anything about "coming to DVD" it was always, "coming in "Fall 2009" or something like that.

DisneyLandMomma
11-02-2008, 06:25 PM
We loved it!! Saw it yesterday with my daughter, 2 cousins, an aunt and my grandma and we all loved it!!.

LauraleeH
11-14-2008, 11:35 PM
I thought it was pretty cute. But am I crazy - or was it originally set to come out at the theaters? I thought I remembered seeing trailers for it, and they never said anything about "coming to DVD" it was always, "coming in "Fall 2009" or something like that.
Yes, it was originally supposed to come out in theaters. It's funny because I remember telling my friend about it and asking if she would see it with me and she said yes. Well, we haven't been friends since 2006. So apparently this has been in the works for a while!

I finally watched it and I loved it!!! I think it's the best movie since Beauty and the Beast (Or maybe I should just say it was my favorite since then).

joanna71985
11-15-2008, 10:36 AM
I can't wait to get it!

NotaGeek
12-29-2008, 11:56 PM
I watched Tinkerbell tonight, and really thought it was cute. I like that they had boy faeries and showed some different jobs that all the faeries do, etc. Good messages and decent animation. I even got a bit misty at the end when Tink met Wendy and the music box played "You can Fly!" ... :tink:

SurferStitch
12-31-2008, 12:36 PM
I love the Tink movie! Animation is gorgeous, and the story line is very good.

After watching the extras, it's very clear that they completely changed the original story, and it seems to be for the good.

I also noticed that Iridessa's outfit is different in the movie than in any of the merchandise that's sold. Her dress is short in the movie, but all of the merchandise has her in a long dress. Guess it was a last-minute change, and all of the merchandise was already designed and/or produced.