PDA

View Full Version : The Ryan's do Disney Again, last day and final thoughts

Jimenyfan
04-13-2007, 06:37 AM
We sleep in a little later this morning and youngest DS and I wake up at 7:45 and head out for some coffee, juice and danish. By the time we get back to the room DH and older DS are awake and packing up. We say goodbye to POR about 9:15 and drive the hour to Kennedy Space Center. We decide on the bus tour and while we are on it we see one of the baseball coaches from my DS(9) league. It always amazes me when we are far from home and we see people we know. We are back on the road to SC at 2:40 and after an uneventful ride home, we pull safely into our driveway at 11:00.

Final Thoughts:

While we were disappointed at not getting our room at POFQ we could not have asked for a nicer room at POR, it was so quiet I wondered if we had any neighbors around us. We would definetly stay in the Alligator Bayou section of POR again.

The parks were packed but we went with a plan and stuck to it. The only big ride that we missed was EE. I would go again this time of year but it wouldnt be my first choice. After 25 trips to Disney since 1999 DH and I both agree that this was the most crowded we have ever seen it. I felt bad for anyone going for the first time who didnt do any research first.

We are fortunate o be able to get to Disney and few times a year so missing rides or fireworks was no big deal. Again, anything we missed we will get to in June.

Disney continues to be our favorite vacation destination, as my children get older,especially DS(14) I realize that our family vacations will be changing to acomodate their schedules. We know longer take them out of school and summer is quickly being eaten up by HS football practice and sports camps. However our time at Disney remains priceless. I've enjoed writing these trips reports its a nice way of remembering a vacation that has ended.

Thanks for reading.:mickey:

Amy

pogo
04-13-2007, 07:06 AM
Amy, I read every report with much interest and enjoyed the way you have described, not only your experience, but also your feelings. It was very enjoyable. :thumbsup: :mickey:

Thank you for sharing your vacation with us. :D

January-2007
04-13-2007, 07:42 AM
Ah, another fun trip comes to a close. So glad you enjoyed yourselves and your resort. Thank you so much for sharing your vacation with us, can't wait to hear back from you in June! :mickey:

goofysbabe
04-13-2007, 08:16 AM
Thanks for sharing your trip - I've followed along and enjoyed it so. :cool:

BriarRose0708
04-13-2007, 10:40 AM
I am sad your trip reports are coming to an end, but I am also looking forward to reading about your trip in June! :mickey:

magicman
04-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Amy, I read every report with much interest and enjoyed the way you have described, not only your experience, but also your feelings. It was very enjoyable. :thumbsup: :mickey:

Thank you for sharing your vacation with us. :D

DITTO

I've also really enjoyed the description of each of your days. I feel like I experienced a little part of your magic. I really appreciate you taking the time to write them.

The time with our kids is priceless, and I can tell from your final comments that you are wise in enjoying the time that we do have with them. It's great Walt Disney created such a happy place for just this.

Goodwife
04-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Kudos and thanks for writing your report!
It means so much to us WDW fans to go along with you down that "magical memory lane" of your Disney vacation...we were there in Oct., and it seems so long ago ;) .
Great report!!

faline
04-14-2007, 05:10 PM
Amy, I'm glad the change in resort worked out for you after all! I'll be waiting to read that next set of trip reports!

sleepingbooty
04-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Thanks for taking the time to share all the details of your trip, Amy. I'm glad your family had a nice time at this crowded time of year:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
04-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
04-15-2007, 08:51 AM
thanks for sharing.