PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef Or Garden Grill?

KAJUNKING
04-13-2007, 12:17 AM
we are making our last ressies for our trip in sept, and wondered what most people prefer, we have been to garden grill and enjoyed it, but have heard good things about coral reef :confused: please help :mickey:

iceicebritney
04-13-2007, 12:22 AM
the garden grill is terrible. its not even in the same category as the coral reef. i still can't believe its only 1 TS for the dining plan. the only reason ppl currently talk down on the reef is because its not quite the caliber restaurant that it used to be with african lobster tails, etc. but its still amaizing.

the garden grill has always had bad food. the only reason i liked going there was because the restaurant spun around while u ate and it was entertaining.

def go with the reef, and request a tank seat. :mickey:

Mickey91
04-13-2007, 02:08 AM
Since they changed the catfish breading and went from yummy smashed potatoes to mushy cheesey potato casserole the Garden Grill isn't any good. The characters are still fun and if you prefer that over food then go for it. The Coral Reef has great food and the atmosphere is awesome! Watch for the humongous Grouper. My mouth hit the floor when I saw that thing!

Natazu
04-13-2007, 03:31 AM
Garden Grill is a great lunch place. We never go there for dinner. There are too many truly great places for night time, like Coral Reef, Marrakesh, and Le Cellier.

darthmacho
04-13-2007, 08:46 AM
Okay, judging from the comments, things must have changed a lot since 1999, when I tried both.

I voted for GG because we had a delicious and entertaining breakfast there with Farmer Mickey and friends. That was when the restaurant revolved, which from what I hear, it no longer does. I admit, what a rip off that is!

We felt Coral Reef was a bit overpriced, and our waiter was lousy. It was also very noisy, which kind of ruined the otherwise cozy atmosphere. The fish tank was very cool. Apparently renovations and improvements have been made since then.

grego77
04-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Wow. I'm very surprised to hear negative things about Garden Grill. I went for New Years Eve and the food was fantastic...even with the huge crowds (always make dining reservations well ahead). It was great fun, and very entertaining...and I have motion sickness btw, and to answer the poster above...the restaurant DOES still rotate...and it didn't bother me at all. So, you have at least one person who loved everything, ESPECIALLY the food.

But to answer your question...BOTH. I love both these places...I think GG is the best character dinner, and Coral Reef has amazing seafood (especially for me, being a whitefish eater).

Good luck!:mickey:

dyin tago
04-13-2007, 10:03 AM
best of luck if you want coral reef for dinner.

we are going sept 9-19th and all we could get was 4:20pm on a tuesday! next earliest was around 8 pm! sure looks like jam packed restaurants this time around.

magicman
04-13-2007, 10:34 AM
I voted Garden Grill. I think the table set-up & layout of the restaurant make it the best character interaction of all character meals. (The food is decent, but it's the character interaction that makes it special...IMHO).

GrmGrninGost
04-13-2007, 11:57 PM
I used to love GG, but they changed their menu. Now, I have to say the CR is much better. Really good food, and love watching the fish while we eat. I do like the characters at GG though.

KAJUNKING
04-14-2007, 12:27 AM
thank you all for the input, i went ahead and got ressies at cr, mostly because no one has said anything negative about it and weve never been, so we are going to give it a try, my only concern is being from south louisiana the seafood may not be what im used to, im kind of a seafood snob lol :mickey:

MsMin
04-14-2007, 01:18 AM
I wouldn't compare it to a typical seafood restaurant in N.O. maybe more like Galatoire's than Mike Anderson's. WE loved it. The lobster bisque was wonderful. I didn't order seafood on our second trip I got steak but I'm not a big fan of fish .

disneynarula
04-14-2007, 08:04 AM
We actually had the same dilemma and we chose the coral reef as well. Since we are using free dining I figured we might as well go somewhere really nice.