PDA

View Full Version : disney visa photo op

iceicebritney
04-13-2007, 12:12 AM
i was just wondering if anyone had taken advantage of the free 5 x 7 photo op that they advertise for disney visa members? i hear its supposed to be somewhere in epcot... does anyone know where? has anyone taken advantage of this? or anyone know where i can get more info? searched the disney visa websites and only found that its at a location in epcot. also asked on the phone when i called guest relations earlier, and no one knew anything.

Nick Mc
04-13-2007, 12:21 AM
The Disney Visa Room is in Inovestions and i'm pretty 95% sure EAST so go to Inoventions and ask a cast member, i'm sure they would know, or even try Character Connetion, the cast members in there would know! They also try to have the fab 5 in there at all times, and the time is uaually is like 12-5 that you can do this I THINK!!! thats what i remember!

iceicebritney
04-13-2007, 12:52 AM
Oh great! So you get a pic with all the main characters then?? That'd be so awesome! I wanna get one with the fam so bad and frame it for my parents... but i feel so bad taking space in line while there are little kids who want to see mickey (and the gang) far more than we need to lol. If we could get a group pic with all the main characters (mickey, minnie, goofy, .... DONALD?!) that would be super duper!

TexasPrincessAurora
04-13-2007, 01:26 AM
We did this in January. It is usually 2 or 3 of the Fab 5. We had Minnie and Goofy. They are open from 1 to 4, I believe. It really is a neat experience. You then are given a voucher for a free 5x7 and have to take it to the EPCOT camera/photo shop across from Spaceship Earth for redemption.

crazeedizneefinatic
04-15-2007, 02:20 PM
We had this done 2 years ago. We had our picture taken with Minnie, Donald and Goofey. Your never guaranteed who will be there till you get into the "secret" curtained room. It's cool, don't forget your autograph book too, the characters will sign it, personal if you ask them. You can also bring your own camera in, at least we were able to. There were 2 people in the room, the photographer and an assistant. The assistant was more than happy to snap candid photos of my son and also the adults hugging and meeting the characters. Something that never happens when you meet the characters in the park. Someone is always left out. Everyone gets there photo taken. Also if you need additional copies you can purchase them when you go to pick up your free one. You get to pick a logo to be put on the picture too if you want it. Ours had the year which was nice. If you have little ones it is a special moment and not rushed at all.

TexasPrincessAurora
04-15-2007, 10:42 PM
They definitely don't mind taking pictures with your camera, as well as the pictures they are taking with your Photopass. Super nice CM's that work at this area. The characters also seem extra playful and fun loving! You won't be rushed either...they encourage you to take your time with the characters.

mrsgaribaldi
04-26-2007, 02:15 AM
I wanna get one with the fam so bad and frame it for my parents... but i feel so bad taking space in line while there are little kids who want to see mickey (and the gang) far more than we need to lol.

Don't be silly, you deserve to meet them too;) You're not taking away anything from anybody. No one needs to meet the characters, it's just fun for everybody. If you want to meet them and get a pic, by all means wait and get it:thumbsup:

MsMin
04-26-2007, 10:51 AM
We did it last Dec. and it was great. We had Mickey, Minnie and Goofy. There were 5 of us and the youngest was 18 so don't feel bad about your age. They insisted that I take pictures individual with each character too. We got about 40 shots or more, many on our photopass card (25) too.
I ended up using a photopass of the family in front of the castle and framed it for my parents. The quality is great, don't forget to take plenty of photopass ops too.

Tink#64
04-29-2007, 11:35 AM
We did the Visa meet & greet last year. It was good. We had Gooy & Minnie. I believe it was in Innoventions. Actaully we were looking for it & stumbled upon the Character Connections & they directed us there! CC was awesome too - there was no wait & got to see Mickey, Minnie, Goofy & the hard to find Donald!

iceicebritney
05-28-2007, 08:13 PM
thanks so much guys for all the great replies! i'm so excited to take advantage of this photo-op. we've had the disney visa since its been available... but never knew about the meet n great before. itll be great!

FaithTrustPixieDust
07-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Great info here- thanks to all.

We plan to do this next visit. Do we need to schedule it or just show up?

celestesmommie
07-10-2007, 12:08 AM
just show up. We arrived aound 1pm got in line and had a fabulous pic with mickey, minnie and goofy.

Kenny1113
07-10-2007, 09:28 AM
I thought this was a promotional thing? They still do this? How exciting! My DS enjoyed it so much when we did it in 2006. He was all alone with Mickey, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto.

AZ Disney
07-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'm so glad I read this thread as I wasn't going to do this as I thought it would be just okay. Here is the official verbiage from the Disney Rewards Visa website:

Character Meet 'N' Greet
Exclusive Character Meet 'N' Greet Event offered daily between 1:30 PM and 4:30 PM at Innoventions West at Epcot®.
Must present a valid Disney Rewards Visa Card for admission (limited to 6 people per card).
Each Cardmember group will receive one complimentary 5x7 group photo with Disney characters; additional photos will be available for purchase.
Separate theme park admission required.
Operating times, days of week, and appearance of Characters may vary. See Guest Relations for more information.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-08-2007, 08:22 PM
From what I've heard, there usually isn't any major lines. Plus you are the one with the Disney Visa, so you should get the perks too.

chefmickey3
08-08-2007, 09:32 PM
We did it in June for the first time. What fun! We waited about 20 minutes (it was summer) and saw Mickey and Pluto. My 16 month old ran to Mickey (made me cry!) then turned around and ran back to Dad. We got wonderful pictures and it was a blast! My other two boys loved it too!

showmethemouse
08-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Tanks guys for the info if you fine or know anything else let that will help us save a little post it :thumbsup:

thanks again
:mickey:

BigRedDad
08-09-2007, 09:35 AM
I just hope they don't end this perk for Visa Rewards members. The 1% is not the reason I got the card. I can get better rewards with other cards. This, to me, is worth it's weight in gold. Maybe not with today's prices for gold, but still worth having it.