PDA

View Full Version : If you could make a classic into a ride...

Jeff G
04-12-2007, 10:52 PM
With so many classic films not represented in the parks, which would you most like to see as a ride/attraction at one of the WDW parks?

Mine would be Jungle Book at the AK. Being this is a classic movie based on a jungle there are many ways to tie this into a park around animals. This could serve as the base to a rain forest area which could highlight the range of components in this ecosystem.

Christine
04-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Mary Poppins!

I could totally see a dark ride with spectacular scenes from the movie, couldn't you?

Disneyfun
04-12-2007, 11:52 PM
Cinderella - a dark ride with cars shaped like the glass carraige.

Sleeping Beauty - a dark boat ride with the finale being the battle between the prince and Malifecent in her dragon form. This would be in a huge room with her wings extended and billowing 'fire' with the prince on horseback and surrounded by thorns! The river would be more like riding around the moat of the castle with insights into the story lines in each room.

BritCody
04-13-2007, 06:51 AM
I would like to see a dark ride for Robin Hood or Beauty and the Beast, but if I had to choose only one it would be Beauty and the Beast.

big blue and hairy
04-13-2007, 07:01 AM
I know it's not considered a classic.... but a ride based on "The Emperor's New Groove" could be great!

WHY DO WE EVEN HAVE THAT LEVER??!!

:sulley:

RAIDER
04-13-2007, 07:35 AM
I would like to see the Rescuers ...

something like Soarin or Peter PAN were your sitting on the back of the albartross looking at the views or a ride were your being chased in the swamp ETC

snowflakegirl
04-13-2007, 09:13 AM
I would love to see a dark ride based on Sleeping Beauty! I especially liked DisneyFun's suggestion for the finale with Malificent and Philip battling it out. But I may be a little biased, Sleeping Beauty happens to be my favorite movie.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
04-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Now I realize that Dumbo's Flying Elephants counts as a Dumbo ride, but there is NOTHING (to my knowledge) representing the Pink Elephants! I think a walk through or sit down ride with black lights, just how you see them in the movie (maybe hoograms/neon lights) would be really fun! Then have different versions of the song playing throughout it. This would be REALLY cool and I would see if I could get a 24/7/365 fast pass to it!! :mickey:

Chris :hatter:

SandmanGStefani24
04-13-2007, 10:23 AM
I vote for Robin Hood too! That was one of my favorite cartoon movies as a child! Plus there are plenty of songs that are catchy and would go great with a dark ride. Not to mention the great characters! The possibilities are endless!

My favorite character was Hiss.
"...Buster...LONG one??!"

caryrae
04-13-2007, 11:17 AM
My mind may be going but I don't remember there being any kind of Bambi ride. If there isn't there should, Bambi is definately a classic.

Also;
101 dalmations
Lady and the Tramp
Fantasia

AliceinDisney
04-13-2007, 11:37 AM
I think a Fantasia ride would be spectacular with lots of special effects. Like when Mickey's got the buckets going of water you go down a little waterfall and water jets shoot up everywhere. All the scenes from that film put to the Tchaikovsky music would be amazing.

I'm also for a Rescuers ride with the Seagull you ride around different parts of the movie.

Figgyluv03
04-13-2007, 12:13 PM
I vote on a Sleeping Beauty ride!!! That's my absolute favorite movie!

Dopey's Girl
04-13-2007, 12:43 PM
I would love to see something with Bambi or Alice in Wonderland...the imagineers could do some really crazy stuff with Alice!

AliceinDisney
04-13-2007, 02:16 PM
There actually is an Alice in Wonderland ride in Disneyland. Its been there since Disney openened. Its a really cute one too, where you ride around in a caterpillar through Wonderland scenes.

AliceinDisney
04-13-2007, 02:19 PM
I think a Robin Hood ride would be great too. The songs are so catchy like Robin Hood and Little John Running through the forest , odelally, odellally, golly what a day! hehehe

mdricks
04-13-2007, 02:30 PM
I know Iknow!! How about

Mr Toads Wild Ride!

:( :blush: :(

mac badger
04-14-2007, 11:20 AM
id like to see lilo and stitch's "hawaiian roller coaster ride" in adventureland with a great hawaiian theming. but that would make 2 stitch attractions, so id guess we'd have to get rid of stitch's great escape:party:
also, for me you cant have too many dark rides. i think we need more classic disney movies made into dark rides, like everyone else has been saying-sleeping beauty, jungle book. also the pink elephants ride, ive thought of that before too, and i think it would be great

BriarRose0708
04-14-2007, 01:47 PM
I didn't know there was an Alice in Wonderland ride at Disneyland until I read this post so I was going to vote for that. But think I am going to go with a Sleeping Beauty ride, I love that idea!

dumbo ears
04-14-2007, 02:22 PM
probably something like the fox and he hound or alice in wonderland

LoriMistress
04-14-2007, 05:24 PM
Alice in Wonderland Ride DOES already exist at DLR. It's in Fantasyland.

As for a classic new cartoon...hmm....there could be The Rescuers. Just like RAIDER said where you ride on the seagull in a sardeen can and see the view and resue whomever.

I guess you can do the same concept with Mary Poppins Ride like Sourin, where you float up on an umbella and go to magical places. It could be an attraction where you're surrounded by blue screens and the world changes around you.

Clotho
04-14-2007, 06:00 PM
I would LOVE a Mary Poppins dark ride! With the scenes and the music...what a fantastic idea! can you imagine somewhere along the ride we get to "jump into the sidewalk picture" with them?

I honestly don't even remember the story of Bambi save for his Mom dying and his having some friends named Thumper and Flower. Seriously. I don't know what the plot is any more, and I saw it a bunch of times as a kid. Guess it didn't stick, even though I would never argue that it is a classic.

I love the idea of a dragon battle in a dark ride! Maybe a little scary fro kids? But they could Disney-fy it.

Bethanymouse
04-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Another vote here for either Robin Hood or Sleeping Beauty. They would make great rides! A like the idea of a Bambi ride but how on earth would they do that?

disneygecko
04-14-2007, 11:23 PM
The Sleeping Beauty dark ride is a nice idea. I would also would really like to see a good themed ride on Bambi.

wilshade
04-15-2007, 10:39 AM
I go along with the Jungle Book idea for AK. Could you think of a cooler conservation professor than Baloo?

TinksPixieDust
04-15-2007, 10:50 AM
I agree that a Mary Poppins ride would be great! I think it would be cool to incorporate her umbrella..

Dark Sleepingbeauty ride would be :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Also... LOVEEEEEE CARS, people seem to think the indy speedway is outdated... maybe they shoudl revamp it using the CARS movie :) Imagine being able to ride Mator backwards! or be chased by the tractor i dunno hahah :)

cetacean01
04-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Ok:
Bedknobs and Broomsticks=Flying Beds or something like Back to the Future (RIP)

Jungle Book- at the end the monkeys could do a big finale to "I wanna be like you......" Bouncing from the ceiling all around us!

I always thought the lagoon would make a great "Atlantis" ride (call me kooky!)

Retheme Test Track to "CARS"

An "Incredibles" ride is begging to be made.....

Neither of those are classics yet , I know.

cetacean01
04-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Also-
Alladin and the cave of wonders!

Call me crazy, but I really think they got LAZY when they did the flying carpets. I liked it better when it was called DUMBO! Does anyone else feel this way? Or is it just me?:mickey:

Jared
04-15-2007, 11:16 AM
All three of the modern classics deserve dark rides: Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid and Aladdin.

For each, the theming could be perfect. If not for Mickey's PhilharMagic, some of these incredible movies would have little or no representation in the Magic Kingdom.

Jeff G
04-15-2007, 04:21 PM
All three of the modern classics deserve dark rides: Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid and Aladdin.

For each, the theming could be perfect. If not for Mickey's PhilharMagic, some of these incredible movies would have little or no representation in the Magic Kingdom.

Of all of these Aladdin really needs more representation. The Flying Carpets are such a weak effort. With B&B & The Little Mermaid you have shows at MGM.

Mickey91
04-15-2007, 05:47 PM
This is probably a dumb question but, what do you mean by a dark ride? Are you talking an inside ride with black lights like Peter Pan or something scary like Snow White?

I would like to see Robin Hood.

LIGHTNING MC-DAD
04-15-2007, 06:00 PM
101 Dalmations- Maybe a dark ride, London town layout, you must locate the dalmations with in the town. Each dalmation would have a tag on it, you shoot the Dalmations tag in the Style of (Buzz Lightyear Lasers). Cruella Tries to stop you and you must shoot her before she takes away the Dalmations you have found. At the end you see how many you found with the hope of eventually finding all 101.

CandleontheWater
04-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Another vote for Sleeping Beauty. With the whole fairies line taking off, we may see some Sleeping Beauty theming yet!

imaprincess!
04-16-2007, 12:36 AM
I love 101 Dalmations, yet somehow I think convincing a child to enter a place called "Hell Hall" may not make it the most popular attraction! :thedolls:

dmosher
04-16-2007, 03:46 AM
I know it sounds weird but I think 101 Dalamations would be a great ride.

Start off in the Dearly's home. "Suddenly the Puppies are Missing!"

You jump into a large wagon and ride to Cruella's house, over ice and wind and the occasional dog chearing you on.

Once there you find the puppies, but now you must get them back. A variety of incidents, being chased by the Badduns then eventually by Cruella herself. Finally running through black coal (animated coal on fog) to end up safe in the Dearly's drawing room.

I think using the "hitchhiking ghosts" technology and when it is all over you see puppies all around you in your wagon would be a great ending as well.

Just a thought.
:mickey:
D

MindyMouse
04-16-2007, 07:33 AM
I vote for Alice in Wonderland and Mary Poppins.

I'd love to see the carousel horses jump out into the wide open!

King Triton
04-16-2007, 12:29 PM
When this was first posted, I couldn't think of anything, so I didn't post.

However, over the weekend I saw "National Treasure" and remembered this question. What a terrific time the imagineers could have with this one! I'm not up on how or where this would physically fit in, but thematically it could even go in Liberty Square...and there's not many attractions that would fit there. Maybe they could gut the old Skyway area and fit something in there...I just think this movie would make a good adventure-type ride.

LauraleeH
04-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Everything everyone else mentioned plus:
The Lion King
The Great Mouse Detective
Pocahontas
The Aristocats

Yes, I am thinking there should be a whole theme park dedicated to Classic Disney.

princessimagineer
04-16-2007, 03:48 PM
i kinda wud like to see 20,000 leages under the sea become something finding nemo-like. thats such a great area to do something with, even thow finding nemo realy isnt a classic yet, and it has other representations elsewhere (though i havnt seen it yet, idk how much im anticipating finding nemo the musical?)

i also like the sleeping beuty idea going around. for as much of a classic that is, its realy not represented much. aladdin too! magic carpets just arent giving that movie justice.

Kristi Kay
04-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Either Mary Poppins or Pete's Dragon....

magicman
04-16-2007, 06:48 PM
There are several very good ideas already mentioned. Of all of the previous ideas, my favorites are: "The Rescuers" & "The Jungle Book"; however, I can't see them being built since there isn't any great merchandising opportunities for them at this time.

The Bambi idea might be tough unless you wanted to REEEALLY get dark:
:archer: :bambi:
:D

EvilQueen2006
04-16-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned my favorite disney movie. Mulan! This was such a good movie, that basically disappeared. I think this is "classic" disney that needs some representation.

Clotho
04-17-2007, 01:40 AM
i kinda wud like to see 20,000 leages under the sea become something finding nemo-like.

I was going to laugh and compliment the joke...and then I wondered if you were joking.

If you were, BWAHAHA! :number1:
If you weren't, SORRY!:blush:

Marceline
04-17-2007, 02:59 AM
Allow me to put my two bits in for Sleeping Beauty, Sleeping Beauty, Sleeping Beauty!!! Best classic cartoon Disney ever made IMHO. SO colorful, so stylized, lotta magic, lotta action and one of the best villans to appear in ANY movie.

And Prince Phillip is dreamy. :cloud9:

DisneyOtaku
04-17-2007, 10:51 PM
A Sleeping Beauty or a Mulan dark ride would be awesome ^^

joonyer
04-17-2007, 11:36 PM
I vote for MARY POPPINS too, with a 4-D attraction like Philharmagic. You could visit Bert's chalk painting world along with flying with the kites and the chimney sweep fireworks, etc. And it would have great songs to go with it.

WDW_Obsessed
04-18-2007, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE=big blue and hairy;1255638]I know it's not considered a classic.... but a ride based on "The Emperor's New Groove" could be great!

I couldn't agree more! Every time I see them ride the roller coaster into Izsla's lair I think...That looks like fun!:mickey:

letsdoitagain
07-20-2007, 11:06 AM
I vote for the Jungle Book.

PeterPanFan
07-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Jungle book. I have it all in my head how it would work. Half walking half ride. Please Disney contact me this would be great!

BelleBeauty
07-20-2007, 12:35 PM
SUCH A GREAT POST!

I have to agree with just about everything that has been posted so far!

Incorporating Jungle Book in AK would be great - there are a lot of rides and themeing there, but they need more for the little ones. Even just a Jungle Book-themed play ground (like the HISTK playground that existed in MGM).

What about the Sorcerer and the Stone? I know they have the ceremony, but that movie was amazing! A dark ride for that would be incredible. I also agree that Robin Hood needs to be represented, they could have an archery competition with interactive characters like in the Laugh Floor.

Toad
07-20-2007, 02:00 PM
I would like to see Mr. Toad's Wild Ride come back. Additionally, I think Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Sleeping Beauty, and Robin Hood could inspire some worthwile attractions.

aprilshowers93
07-20-2007, 04:01 PM
As far as classic Disney goes, Fantasia would be an awesome dark boat ride. I miss the classic disney type rides like peter pan's flight, potc/small world, jungle cruise. I feel like disney is leaning more towards digital for the future and I hope to see new rides like Walt's original ideas.

I also think they should do a ride on National Treasure, it could start out like a slow ride on a track and then get fast! There are soo many things they could do with this especially with NT2 coming out in december. I think this one might be good for MGM, I don't know where they would put it in MK.

TuscanRaider
07-20-2007, 04:33 PM
How about this? a musically-themed ride based on Disney's Silly Symphonies? You could have lots of great music and some animatronics based off old characters. It could be a dark ride too.

or maybe it could be set up like the tiki room and maybe either with animatronics and/or digital things, you could have old characters playing beats like plucking on their neck.

Fantasia would be a neat dark ride suggested before!

Stu29573
07-20-2007, 04:39 PM
[QUOTE= there is NOTHING (to my knowledge) representing the Pink Elephants!

Chris :hatter:[/QUOTE]
Actually, I thought they were in the Heffelumps and Woozles part of the Pooh ride....I could be wrong, though.

How about a GOOD Alladen ride? You know, a dark ride on a magic carpet?

:mickey:

krazeerosie
07-20-2007, 04:53 PM
I think there should be a ride that features all the princesses and ladies of disney. With so many little girls going to see them why not creature a ride that explores all the lands of the ladies. The jungle cruise could be updated by including jungle book theming.

krazeerosie
07-20-2007, 04:59 PM
I vote for Alice in Wonderland and Mary Poppins.

I'd love to see the carousel horses jump out into the wide open!

OKAY OKAY> I THINK WE HAVE THE NEXT RIDE HERE>

Imagine you load onto a horse as you go around a carousel , when you have almost completed a full circle then your horse jumps off. Then you go through the " movie" similar to peter pan or Soarin. I love the jumping idea. Disney needs to work it.

IloveDisney71
07-20-2007, 05:01 PM
I vote for Mary Poppins or The Rescuers. I think either one of these could be made into something similar to Philharmagic. However, since Disney is known for creating knew and improved ideas, they would have to put a different type of spin on it. I like the idea of sitting on a carousel horse like the characters did in MP. What a GREAT IDEA!!!!

jszczur5
07-21-2007, 12:20 AM
When we first saw Monsters Inc. at the theatre, my husband was sure that the hanging doors on the track scenes would be made into a ride at Disney. He envisioned it as kind of a suspended coaster (like Dueling Dragons at Universal IOA), with the cars shaped like closet doors somehow. He guaranteed me that it would show up at MK within 2 years.
Oh well, we are looking forward to trying out Laugh Floor this year instead, even though we did enjoy Timekeeper.

beksy
07-21-2007, 05:26 PM
Lady and the Tramp! I love that movie and it does not get enough representation :thumbsup: Also good would be the Little Mermaid, Sleeping Beauty (love some of the ideas on that one!) and I think they could do amazing things with a Mary Poppins ride (I like the soarin' idea with an umbrella!) :cloud9:

laward32
07-22-2007, 08:32 PM
I would love to see a dark ride based on Sleeping Beauty! I especially liked DisneyFun's suggestion for the finale with Malificent and Philip battling it out. But I may be a little biased, Sleeping Beauty happens to be my favorite movie.
I would have to agree totally and also because it is my fav to.