PDA

View Full Version : Second question about...

jilwil
04-12-2007, 10:38 PM
wristbands. Actually, it's the third.:blush: We will be going to DW with (but seperate from) DS's middle school band. The band will be staying @ All-SSp, and DH and I will be staying @ POR. We will sign DS out on the Monday night that we are there (April 30). The band will return to GA that night, driving all night long on the charter bus, but DS will be staying an extra couple of days with us. April 30 is nighttime EMH @ MGM. It will be a MK park day for the band. DS will not be able to leave the park until after Wishes that night. My question is, if DS is a resort guest his whole length of stay, both seperate from, and also with us, and has a PH option on his ticket, if we take his ticket with us sometime during the afternoon to MGM can DH and I obtain his wristband for him without him physically being there with us? Just curious. We would really like to continue our evening @ MGM after we sign him out. He will be unable to leave the MK until after we sign him out. He must remain with the band and his group until then. They are staying to see Wishes @ 10:00 so it will be very late @ night until he is with us. There will be no way for him to get a wristband earlier in the day, because he can't leave the MK. I know this is long and confusing.:confused: Sorry. Thanks ahead of time for any advice or info you may share!:)

sagessa
04-12-2007, 11:20 PM
They will not allow you to obtain an EMH wristband for a member of your party who is not present. Your son will be able to get his own wristband when gets to MGM, however.

Rachel R.

CleveRocks
04-13-2007, 07:37 AM
sagessa is 100% correct.

They don't hand out wristbands, they place a wristband on each person's wrist, AFTER their resort ID is scanned. You can't just pick up wristbands for others.

The good news is, a resort guest can enter an EMH park even after the public closing time. On April 30, 2007, MGM closes to the public at 10:00 p.m., so that means it is open to resort guests until 1:00 a.m. Your son can arrive at MGM at, for example, midnight, and still get into MGM and get a wristband and be able to enjoy for that last hour.

Problem solved.:thumbsup:

jilwil
04-13-2007, 09:10 AM
I hate to say I am still :confused: . I thought that you had to obtain a wristband at least two hours before the listed park closing. (That is what InfoCentral here at Intercot states.) If that is so, then what you have told me contradicts that. Could someone please clarify this for me? If what you say is true, then great! That will definitely solve our problem! Thanks again for the info! I just want to make sure I understand.

Carol
04-13-2007, 09:33 AM
I thought that you had to obtain a wristband at least two hours before the listed park closing. You can obtain the wristband 2 hours before closing if you are already in the park. You can also get them at the turnstile when entering for the event. However, it has to be before the last magic hour. So - if the park is open until 1AM - he'd have to enter before midnight.

Info Central is correct and says;

no sooner than two hours prior to Park close.

jilwil
04-13-2007, 09:51 AM
Now I understand!

(Also Carol, I will think of you when I eat at Boma on our trip. :) I always think of your report about your trip when your family stayed at the AKL when I hear or read anything about Boma. Frunch!:tasty: That report turned me into a whole-hearted Intercotee!:) Thanks for your help and for all you do on the boards!:number1: )

Carol
04-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Wow! That was 5 years ago. Time sure does fly. My kids really did have a thing for that Frunch on that trip. :silly:

Good to see you, Jill. :)