PDA

View Full Version : How many to a room?

Tyson The Lab
04-12-2007, 10:12 PM
My Wife, Kids and I are driving from Ontario to Orlando in July. Once we get there, we are camping at FW. On the way down, we will be staying in a Motel for two nights, and two nights on the way back. We are wondering, do they make you take 2 rooms if you have a family of 6? My Wife and I would be in one bed, the 3 girls ( 6, 6, 5) could share the other as long as it is a queen. Our son could sleep on a cot. Every motel site I have looked at automatically gives me a price for two rooms. If we do get two rooms, then the kids would all be in one and us in the other. So we wouldn't be able to actually watch them. The other option is for us to sleep apart and have the kids in two separate rooms. Not much of a family vacation the way I see it if we are all apart.

Wayne
04-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Most motel rooms are set up to accomodate a maximum of 5 per room. And yes, they will force you to take 2 rooms. Usually has to deal with fire codes.

I would suggest figuring out where you want to stay and make reservations requesting connecting rooms. That way you will have a connecting door between the rooms so you won't have to watch the kids.

princessesmom
04-13-2007, 08:52 AM
We are a family of 6 also. You will either need 2 rooms (get connecting rooms as suggested) or find a suite hotel that can accomodate 6. We have stayed at Marriott Springhill Suites a couple of times. They have 2 beds and a sofa sleeper, so 6 will work. We are staying at an Embassy Suites in July which will also accomodate 6. If you have your route mapped out and know where you are stopping you could try to book something ahead of time to make it easier. Once you have more than 3 kids things get much more complicated with traveling!