PDA

View Full Version : New Englanders: Intercot Meet?

TikiGoddess
04-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Would anyone be interested in having a regional New England Intercot meet? I am in central CT and would love to meet with fellow Disney fans.

If you're interested, list your location in your post and maybe we could all find a central place to meet, have lunch, and talk about the Mouse!

TikiG

BronxTigger
04-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Well, I'm not quite in New England, but I'd like to meet! Central CT is close to NYC, right?

handmaidenofprincesses
04-12-2007, 09:12 PM
I'm in Central CT!!!!!! I live about 20 minutes from Hartford!

DisneyWhirled
04-12-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm in southern Maine. About 1.5 hours away from Boston.

Depending on when things could be arranged, a NE meet would be great!!

SBETigg
04-12-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm in a suburb of Springfield MA, almost right on the CT border.

grego77
04-12-2007, 10:17 PM
I am in Bellingham, MA...also in Worcester, MA on a regular basis.

I would love to get together and hang out!:mickey:

handmaidenofprincesses
04-13-2007, 10:14 PM
you know what would be cool? if we could swing it meeting at magic wings butterfly conservatory in deerfield MA would be awesome! I love it there... and it seems kind of a relatively central place

grego77
04-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Sounds good to me. :mickey:

MinnieMommie
05-10-2007, 07:15 PM
I live in central CT as well. Count me in for a meet! I wouldn't mind helping scheduling something with you. Let's see first where everyone lives who wants to attend and we can pick a state that will be closest to most of the people who are coming. :thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
05-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Well, I'm not quite in New England, but I'd like to meet! Central CT is close to NYC, right?

Have you ever been to the Disney Store in Manhattan? Can you tell me about it? I have been in the City the past 2 weekends and never had a chance to visit the store. :(

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-19-2007, 12:51 AM
It's 3 stories high. It has all kinds of stuff, with collectibles and pictures on the third floor. Well worth stopping in there.

TikiGoddess
05-19-2007, 07:38 AM
Sounds like we might have enough people for a meet! Guess we should start a poll to see where people would like to meet, and some possible meeting places in that area. So let us know your preference:

NYC
Central CT (Hartford Area)
Central MA
Boston

My first vote would be for Central CT (there's a Rainforest Cafe in West Hartford) but I could also do Central MA or Boston. NYC is a stretch for me.

TikiG

MinnieMommie
05-19-2007, 08:23 AM
NYC
Central CT (Hartford Area)
Central MA
Boston

My first vote would be for Central CT (there's a Rainforest Cafe in West Hartford) but I could also do Central MA or Boston. NYC is a stretch for me.

TikiG

Central CT is my first choice is well. The Rainforest Cafe is in Westfarms mall. There is also a Rainforest in the Burlingtom Mall which is just north of Boston. If we decide to meet at a Rainforest I will be happy to make reservations as I am a RC member (and I'm sure many of us are as well).

Boston is my second choice. If we decide on Boston let's just avoid Red Sox traffic and try to schedule when there's not a game.

What months are we looking at? :mickey:

BronxTigger
05-19-2007, 08:26 AM
I think I'm the farthest away so I'll let the rest of you decide where to meet and when, and then I'll decide if I'm able to make that or not.

I'll be at the Intercot Party in October at WDW if nothing else!

SBETigg
05-19-2007, 11:58 AM
Central CT works best for me, too, or Central MA. Boston and NY are kind of a stretch for me, but I might be able to make it work depending on times.

aprilisis
05-21-2007, 07:33 AM
Central CT works for me, too- I am about 60-90 minutes away, depending on traffic. I think Rainforest Cafe is a great idea!

BronxTigger
06-02-2007, 06:34 AM
When are we going to do this? I am considering renting a car (for other reasons) the weekend of June 23-24 or June 30-July 1. If we all choose one of those weekends, it would make it very possible for me to come up to Central CT, which sounds like it's the first choice of locations. Woot!

TikiGoddess
06-02-2007, 07:13 AM
Okay, everyone:

We're going to do this at the Rainforest Cafe at Westfarms (right by West Hartford, CT). What dates would be best for you:

June 23
June 24
June 30
July 1

And what time? Lunch or dinner, or somewhere in between?

Cool! This will be great! Any of the dates work for me (the first weekend is better because the 2nd weekend I will be packing for our Disney trip!). Lunch is better than dinner.

TikiG

BronxTigger
06-02-2007, 07:42 AM
Okay, everyone:

We're going to do this at the Rainforest Cafe at Westfarms (right by West Hartford, CT). What dates would be best for you:

June 23
June 24
June 30
July 1

And what time? Lunch or dinner, or somewhere in between?

Cool! This will be great! Any of the dates work for me (the first weekend is better because the 2nd weekend I will be packing for our Disney trip!). Lunch is better than dinner.

TikiG

I thought this through a bit more, and the first weekend will work better for me too. Also, lunch works better too. So, I vote for lunch on the 23rd (Saturday).

grego77
06-02-2007, 11:25 AM
June 23rd or the 30th works for me (lunch or dinner...slight preference for lunch). I would not be able to do the 24th.

I'm so excited...this will be a great pre-cursor to the Intercot 10th bash in Oct which I'm also going to!

...thanks TIKI for taking the helm! :mickey:

MinnieMommie
06-02-2007, 05:32 PM
I can do any of the dates but the 23rd is the best and the 24th is the worst. When we get the total number of participants I am willing to make reservations. I live very close to Rainforest Cafe and have a membership there. :mickey:

aprilisis
06-04-2007, 02:10 PM
June 23 or 30 for lunch works for me, too. :mickey:

TheAdventurer
06-05-2007, 01:02 AM
Is anybody else here a Revolution fan? There was an ad-hoc extended Disney sing-along at the last Revs game.

I'm a member of the Midnight Riders, a big Revolution supporters group that does big tailgate parties at all home games, and a couple games ago, my friend said somebody was singing a Little Mermaid song and I should sing with her, so I did. And then at the game this past Saturday, I went up to her singing "Kiss the Girl" and before long we had over a dozen people singing along with an mp3 player full of Disney songs. It was so much fun!!! The best was the people who you would look at and not expect them to be Disney fans, but there they were singing along :mickey:

So if any of you other New Englanders here are Revs fans, stop by the Riders post game tailgate next time. And brush up on your "Can't Wait To Be King" :mickey:

Jared
06-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Depending on the date, I'd probably make the drive to Central Connecticut from Westchester County.

AvonleaCF
06-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Is the 23rd a definite date? The 30th would be better for me.

I just looked up the Westfarms Mall and it's about 1hr 20min from me, which is doable. I haven't been to a Rainforest Cafe in years...

Mr. Brass Bonanza
06-06-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm in! I live 10 minutes from the Rainforest Cafe, so I have no excuse not to come. Any day and any time is fine with me.

I've been to this RFC countless times, and I always try to pretend I'm at the one at Animal Kingdom. Then when walking out, I see the escalators of the mall, and I'm snapped back to reality!

TikiGoddess
06-06-2007, 07:38 PM
For all interested, the date is set:

Saturday, June 23rd!

We'll set the time as soon as I get my act together and email everyone. Lunch time or early afternoon for sure.

Thanks for all the interest, guys! This is going to be great!

TikiG

Lorraine444
06-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Alrighty I'll be there as well...
6/23 for lunch @ the Rain Forest Cafe'.

BronxTigger
06-06-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm getting excited!!

grego77
06-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Me too!:mickey::D:mickey:

Jared
06-07-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm definitely trying to come. Perhaps Ellen (ElenitaB) will come along.

ElenitaB
06-10-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm going to have to pass on this one... doesn't fit into my chemo schedule.

Have fun, everyone!

AvonleaCF
06-13-2007, 12:17 PM
If it's on the later side of lunch I can make it. I have an appointment that morning where I live, which is over an hour away.

c&d
06-13-2007, 12:50 PM
I can't make it. MIL is visiting from CA, I would have loved to meet everyone.

TikiGoddess
06-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Hi all,

So far I have the following people as definites:
BronxTigger
Grego77
MinnieMommie
Aprilisis
Mr. Brass Bonanza
Lorraine444

Possibles:
Disney_Nut
AvonleaCF
handmaidenofprincesses

Let me know if I left you off the list -- I'll use this as a 'mailing list' for PMs.

What time would work best for everyone? Post your vote:

A) 11:30am

B) 12:00pm

C) 1:00pm

or

D) other

:D
TikiG

Lorraine444
06-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Hey Ms Goddess,

As I don't move too quick on the weekends 1:00
would be good w/me.

BronxTigger
06-14-2007, 06:09 AM
Any of those three times are good for me.

Do we need to make reservations at the RFC? My DH may come along; he hasn't decided yet.

grego77
06-14-2007, 11:36 AM
anytime is good for me! :)
are we doing the Disney Yankee Swap?

aprilisis
06-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Anytime is good for me, too.

TikiGoddess
06-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Any of those three times are good for me.

Do we need to make reservations at the RFC? My DH may come along; he hasn't decided yet.

We will be making reservations ahead of time. With a party of 8-12 people I'd rather not take a chance. We can make ressies next Thurs or Fri, though... so it gives your DH time to decide! :) We'd be glad to have him!

What does everyone think about doing a Yankee Disney Swap? I am planning on a trivia contest (with prizes!) but nothing else. Just good food and good ol' chatter about WDW.

TikiG

TikiG

grego77
06-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Yankee Disney swap sounds awesome!

Getting excited! :mickey:

TikiGoddess
06-15-2007, 06:58 AM
Addendum to Yankee Swap idea:
* a wrapped Disney item under $5 (can be new or old)

?
TikiG

aprilisis
06-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Addendum to Yankee Swap idea:
* a wrapped Disney item under $5 (can be new or old)

?
TikiG

Sounds good to me! :thumbsup:

Epc0tphr34k
06-15-2007, 01:17 PM
i would like to come ,if i'm not too late, i will have to check with DW if she wants to, or if we had anything planned.

how exactly does this yankee swap thing work?

TikiGoddess
06-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Yankee Swap:

My DH's school used to do one of these at their Xmas parties. Everyone brings a wrapped gift, in our case something Disney and under $5. All the gifts are put into a pile and everyone is given a number. #1 picks one of the gifts, opens it. #2 picks, opens, and then if they like #1's gift better, they swap gifts. And so on and so forth. At the end #1 gets to swap with whoever they choose.

At DH's school parties people would bring the oddest, ugliest things they could find around the house (I remember one gift being a frog dissection kit!). I think for our swap keeping it under $5 and Disney will give everyone a baseline to start with.

Message for all:

Great to hear from all of you! If there's anyone else out there interested in the meet, post a message. I think we will try and get a final count by Thursday the 21st so we can call the restaurant and make a reservation. Interested parties, please make sure to check your PMs in the next week, as I might be confirming your interest in our gathering.

TikiG

BronxTigger
06-16-2007, 07:54 AM
Okay, so it will like white elephant but the gifts can be new or old. So like this week, I could go to World of Disney and spend $5 to get something for the meet Swap.

Sounds good. :thumbsup:

AvonleaCF
06-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Hi All!

Sadly I won't be able to make it. Would have loved to have meet you all though! And it would have been nice to talk Disney since I'll be there soon, but alas, I have too much going on that day.

Have fun!

TikiGoddess
06-18-2007, 07:51 PM
PM's have been sent out to those of you who have expressed interest. If anyone else is interested in coming, let me know before 6pm on Thursday (21st), and I'll add you to the list!

Kathy

crazypoohbear
06-22-2007, 01:28 AM
Can't make it to this one going to see Johnny Rivers and The Lovin Spoonful!!! In Boston
Have a great time though. Let us know how the yankee swap goes!

grego77
06-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Looking forward to meeting all of you tomorrow! :mickey:

handmaidenofprincesses
06-23-2007, 08:57 AM
i know it's the day of, but my computer crashed! :( I hope you can make room for two more...

BronxTigger
06-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Woot! I'm going to leave my house in about 20 minutes!! Looking forward to seeing all of you!

grego77
06-23-2007, 10:37 AM
See you all in a few hours! :D

Jared
06-23-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm leaving in 10 minutes. See you all at the Rainforest Cafe.

TikiGoddess
06-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Hey all,

It was fantastic meeting everyone today! It's nice to be able to put a face to a name now -- I'm looking for everyone's posts on the boards and thinking, "hey, I know them!". :grouphug:

We will definitely plan another meet in the fall/winter. I am working on DH to let me go to WDW for the Intercot 10th anniversary. He seems open to the idea but we have to look at finances.

Once again, thanks for an awesome time today, everyone!! Let me know if you have any ideas for the next meet!

TikiG

Lorraine444
06-23-2007, 09:43 PM
I had a great time as well!
Good to know you dont look like your avatar Tiki.... Kidding....
It was very cool meeting with everyone, some of you really are Disney freaks! I love Disney too, just can't afford to go as often.
Hope everyone had a great time as well...
Cheers to a great Disney dedicated day!
42 days....

Mr. Brass Bonanza
06-23-2007, 10:26 PM
Hello everyone. I am so veru bummed I was not able to make it today. I probably live the closest out of all, so that really stinks. Last night I found out I had to help move my wife's grandmother. Well, I didn't have to, but you know how those things go.

How many people went? How did everything go?

BronxTigger
06-23-2007, 10:35 PM
Well, I just walked in the door (yes, at 10:30!) from my Connecticut adventure.

I had a great time today, and I hope I can make it to the meet this fall/winter. Maybe we could meet at the Olive Garden that is across the street from the mall we were at today. (you ask for ideas...you get ideas)

On the way home I stopped at my beloved Dairy Queen (thanks for the directions!) and Ikea.

Thanks again for the great time! It was nice meeting everybody and matching posts to faces.

Epc0tphr34k
06-23-2007, 11:07 PM
DW and I had a great time. thanks everybody for coming out, it truly was a pleasure meeting you all and i look forward to the next meet in the fall/winter.

Jared
06-23-2007, 11:14 PM
It was so great meeting everyone today. The meet was an absolute success.

Everyone should try and come to our New York meet in a few weeks. Check a few threads down.

sweet_peanut
06-23-2007, 11:26 PM
Woo, found my account!!

It was great meeting everyone and I'll try hard to post more, I promise. :blush:

MinnieMommie
06-24-2007, 05:15 AM
Lots of fun today! Thank you kathy for organizing and putting together the yankee swap and trivia contest. Everyone is so nice and it's great to meet with a group of Disney enthusiasts. I look forward to the fall/winter meet. :mickey:

grego77
06-24-2007, 08:54 AM
I had a great time too! I am already looking forward to the next event! I hope all/some of you can come to the Oct event at WDW!

Hope to see you all soon! :mickey:

Greg :thumbsup:

KAT1811
07-08-2007, 09:56 PM
I am SO sad that I missed the meet!!! We were vacationing in NH that week!!! I want to go to the next one!!! TIKI please keep me in mind the next time you plan a meet. I'm very glad to hear that you all had such a wonderful time. It sounded like so much fun. Hope to meet you all this fall/winter.

SBETigg
07-08-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm really sad I missed it, too! Looking forward to future meets.