PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella's RT - Worth if for 2.5 year old?

wiltsan
04-12-2007, 05:40 PM
We will be visiting at the end of April and just today were lucky enough to get a breakfast resi at CRT. This will be our first breakfast at CRT having only eaten there when it was King Stefan's for a dinner before my DD was born.

From reading some of the posts and comments - wait for Cinderella in the lobby, get photo, no table to table of Cinderella/Suzy, Perla/Godmother in dining room, just a wave and talk - I wonder if it is worth the expense and time **** for our family with a 2.5 year old. Seems kind of expensive if you are not going to get the 1x1. And since this is a short visit for us, I am concerned about about the amount of time it will cut into the day.

We did the Princess breakfast in Norway with my DD last visit and that was great. Four plus princesses and all came to the table for talk/photo.

Can anyone tell me about their experience, if they felt it was worth it or save when she is older.

BTW, CANNOT get into LeCellier to save my life (tried booking a month ago) and no availability for Princess' at Askerhus this time either. Just barely got the Cali Grill....going to be busy that week !

5fromabove
04-12-2007, 06:03 PM
the rest of our clan. The kids were 3 months, 2, 4, 8 and 12 at the time. There was actually a LOT of princess interaction when we went. Upstairs were: Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Belle and Mary Poppins. The Fairy Godmother was downstairs at the time. My understanding is that at breakfast and lunch now you will see Cindy downstairs for a photo op, and her princess friends will be upstairs. They do pose for photos and stop at each table. Our 2 yr old DD absolutely was mesmerized when we took her. She was a huge "'Rella" fan at the time. She still is, but is now 5 and we're going again in Oct. She doesn't remember the visit (so that's a downside)...but the photos are priceless. If you can spare the $$, it is a wonderful experience and VERY hard to get...so I'd think twice before cancelling it. It is so pretty inside and the food is great too :) Whatever you decide, have a magical trip. :) :mickey:

kathiep
04-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Can anyone shed any light on dinner at CRT?

My kids are excited about eating at the castle, but I'm concerned they'll be disappointed if there aren't any character visits?

It is sounding like breakfast or lunch would be more a treat for them if they get a picture with Cinderella and get to meet the rest of the princesses.

My ressie's are for September - would anyone advise trying to switch to breakfast of lunch?

Any advice is truly appreciated.....

illini
04-13-2007, 08:54 AM
Breakfast has multiple princesses. They're always changing who appears, but both times we've gone we've seen Cinderella, Belle, Snow White, Aurora, and Mary Poppins regardless of who they claim will appear. The Fairy Godmother was always sitting downstairs in the lobby (and was far and away my personal favorite!).

If she enjoyed Akershus, she'll love CRT, too. We got much more interaction at CRT than Akershus. Keep it!

Oh, and for Kathie... I'd try to switch to breakfast or lunch, but wouldn't hold my breath on getting anything.

Disneyatic
04-13-2007, 10:30 AM
If you can, I would definitely switch to breakfast or lunch.
IMHO the food is better and there is actually character interaction during bkfst and lunch.
At the dinner you get to meet Cinderella downstairs and get a picture and then upstairs the Fairy godmother and Suzy and Perla do a little show, but no 1 on 1.

My vote is for breakfast or lunch!

wiltsan
04-13-2007, 11:13 AM
Great feedback folks. Must have been that I was reading a "review" of the dinners as there was not as much interaction. My DD did love Askerhus/Princesses so this will nice too. And it has been ages since I have been in the castle so I am really looking forward to it. I just lucked out on my ADR. I called a month ago to book the majority of them and CRT was booked (along with ASK and LC in Epcot). the CM told me to keep trying back. We just lucked out when I checked back yesterday. Will continue to check in for LC in Epcot :)