PDA

View Full Version : YOMD Demographic?

wiltsan
04-12-2007, 04:34 PM
We are visiting WDW this April and then hoping to visit again in October and I am hoping and dreaming that my family might get picked for the overnight stay in Cinderella's Castle.

However, I think our chances are slim as we probably don't fit the "demographic." It will be myself, my DH and my DD who is 2.5. I can see the family that gets picked as being one with older kids as the cast might not think that a 2.5 year old would appreciate/enjoy, though it would be a dream come true for me....

While I have read posts saying the people awarded are random generated by a computer formula (i.e. seat 3, row 4, at 1:32 p.m. on Star Tours), not sure if that would be the same for the Cinderella stay over.

Thoughts on this? Do you think the demographic plays into this and the final most important question....will they ever open the suite up to paying guests. I gotta get in there !:D

Goofeygal
04-12-2007, 04:41 PM
I would love to know the answer to this as well. We are going in a few weeks and will be there for my birthday!!! what a B-day present that would be.

JPL
04-12-2007, 04:41 PM
I have actually had a converstaion with a Dream Team Member regarding this issue. It works like this the computer generates a location like the water fountain in the BTMRR queue and then selects a random numer like the 5th person who drinks from it wins the prize. The Dream Team doesn't even know what prize they are awarding at the time. So Demographics do not play a role in selecting the winners. The contest is regualted by gaming commission so it has to be on the up & up.

wiltsan
04-12-2007, 04:48 PM
JPL - thanks for the update and great info. That is good to hear that everyone has a chance, no matter if you are a family, a single, a couple or a kid (which we know we all are :mickey:

And since I am not that lucky, anyone hear about the suite being available for paying guests?

At a minimum, I will be "hanging" out at water fountains alot :thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
04-13-2007, 12:05 PM
. . . And since I am not that lucky, anyone hear about the suite being available for paying guests? . . .

1) Obviously, not during YOAMD.
2) After the year, I sort of doubt it.
3) It would still probably be some kind of prize for something.
4) Plus, there are Vice-Presidents with lots of friends. *

* Vice-President level and above can override any ressie or ADR, or slide people into a sold-out event. Same goes for certain levels of Sales and PR departments. This is why CRT frequently is oversold - only they have the ability to get around the computer ressie system.

King Triton
04-13-2007, 12:20 PM
We are visiting WDW this April and then hoping to visit again in October and I am hoping and dreaming that my family might get picked for the overnight stay in Cinderella's Castle.

However, I think our chances are slim as we probably don't fit the "demographic." It will be myself, my DH and my DD who is 2.5. I can see the family that gets picked as being one with older kids as the cast might not think that a 2.5 year old would appreciate/enjoy, though it would be a dream come true for me....

While I have read posts saying the people awarded are random generated by a computer formula (i.e. seat 3, row 4, at 1:32 p.m. on Star Tours), not sure if that would be the same for the Cinderella stay over.

Thoughts on this? Do you think the demographic plays into this and the final most important question....will they ever open the suite up to paying guests. I gotta get in there !:D

You're way overthinking this. The chances of you winning this prize is almost zero. Demographics have nothing to do with it. As you mentioned yourself, it all depends on the computer formula...and thats even IF they're giving that prize away that day. The ONLY thing you can do to increase your chances is to simply stay in the park, and that doesn't necessarily mean MK.

JPL
04-14-2007, 12:16 PM
The ONLY thing you can do to increase your chances is to simply stay in the park, and that doesn't necessarily mean MK.

Actually staying in the park doesn't increase your chances either since a Castle stay was given away at DTD recently. This is one is pure luck and being at the right place at the right time while doing the right thing :confused:

TiggerRPh
04-15-2007, 12:06 PM
We didn't win when we were there in February and I was glad....we would have turned it down and we'll turn it down when we go in December.

I don't want to be paraded around and have an entire day at a park wasted with all the ceremony.

And to us...being held prisoner in the castle just isn't all that exciting.

Frankly, the "demographics" is only a factor in the publicity give-aways such as the first give away or anything that's going to be used for marketing and be on TV.

CleveRocks
04-15-2007, 01:26 PM
As stated earlier, the awarding of the Castle Suite prize is totally random. They don't "pick" the winner, the winner is simply in the right place at the right time.

The ONLY thing that's not totally random about the Castle prize is the time of day that it's awarded. It's always awarded fairly early in the day, so that there is time not only for the pomp and circumstance, but also the practicality of gathering your things from your existing hotel room (whether a DIsney resort or off-site hotel), getting back to the Suite or other festivities, etc.

Just think how much it would stink if you were awarded the prize at 12:15 a.m. on your way back to your room after a long day of park touring or shopping/dining at DTD (or both). By the time you'd be brought back to your room to gather some things for overnight, then to the Castle, it would be the middle of the night, not much time to enjoy the prize, know what I mean? So that's the only UNrandom part of the prize awarding.

TooGoofy
04-15-2007, 02:24 PM
We didn't win when we were there in February and I was glad....we would have turned it down and we'll turn it down when we go in December.

Dave and I actually talked about this the other day! If we, by some freak chance, should win this, we'd like to give it away to a family with little girls. I don't know if we would be allowed to do that or not...but it sure is fun to think about!

princessjojo
04-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Dave and I actually talked about this the other day! If we, by some freak chance, should win this, we'd like to give it away to a family with little girls. I don't know if we would be allowed to do that or not...but it sure is fun to think about!

That would be really cool....We would probably do the same, since both of our DS would think it was "way not cool." It would be too girly for them. And I would love to see the face of the girls I would give it to.

Mickey91
04-15-2007, 06:14 PM

Actually, the very first family picked for Cinderella's Castle, the son was sitting in the predetermined seat at the predetermined time to be awarded the castle stay. I also heard about a family being in the right car of the barnstormer at the right time.

If they open this up you can be sure it will be for a premium price:eyes: