PDA

View Full Version : DVC Member Booked Our Stay - WHERE Will DME docs go?

Goes4FastPass
04-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Hello All,

A DVC member arranged our stay and sent us confirmation with my name and address on it. "Reservation modified for..."

The member has (of course) done all communcating for us, supplying DVC with our DDP request and ages and relayed back the exact price and the non-cancel-able part we already knew about.

He also 'relayed' out flight information for DME.

(Finally) My Question:

Will the DME docs ('voucher' booklet and baggage tags) go to the member or to the address of the person making the trip (me)?

I know I speak as an 'outsider' but DVC seems to carry this 'We only speak to members' thing a bit too far. If I'm about to go to sleep at the BWV and I want a wake up call will I have to call my DVC member to have it arranged? Of course not.

At some point (apparently not until you're standing at the front desk) DVC should be willing to communicate with the member's guest. Don't DVC members regularly use points to arrange stays for friends and relatives? Don't they want them to have a great experience?

From one end of WDW to the other, you can't sling a dead cat without hitting a DVC booth with someone anxious to setup a visit for you. In my view, DVC should consider members guests - be they relatives or 'point renters' - to be prime prospects for DVC sales. If I were in charge, I'd want to give DVC guests a great experience - what better way is there to give them a preview of what it's like to be a DVC member?

vizsla
04-13-2007, 07:38 AM
I would believe that the DVC member who booked your vacation supplied Member Servives with your address so the DME vouchers and tags will be shipped to you directly.

Master Gracey
04-21-2007, 09:33 AM
I rented points from a gentleman only a few weeks ago and our dme vouchers came directly to us. The only thing that came to him was the confirmation which he forwarded to me.

Maleficent's Dad
04-21-2007, 09:33 PM
From one end of WDW to the other, you can't sling a dead cat without hitting a DVC booth with someone anxious to setup a visit for you. In my view, DVC should consider members guests - be they relatives or 'point renters' - to be prime prospects for DVC sales. If I were in charge, I'd want to give DVC guests a great experience - what better way is there to give them a preview of what it's like to be a DVC member?[/SIZE][/FONT]
You make a valid point. One that should/could be considered by DVC.
The communications from DVC to its members states - and I do NOT quote directly - something like this: DVC, in attempting to keep annual dues to a minimum, will communicate only with its members. Furthermore, they do not advocate the use of points for persons outside of the DVC family. If they suspect someone "renting ponts" with the intent of making a profit, they will reevaluate that family's membership in DVC.
This is not an exact quote, but in a recent member publication, they did print statements to this effect.

shellyc
04-24-2007, 08:27 PM
You can also enter your DME information online at their website.

https://secure.disney.go.com/wdw/reservations/dme/index?CMP=BAC-DMEVanityUS

Goes4FastPass
04-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Our DME docs arrived this weekend directly from Disney.

Boardwalk, here we come!

bytheway, I tried to to use the Disney site to enter DME info but it wouldn't take a DVC confirm number.