PDA

View Full Version : new to DL, need help

jrkcr
04-12-2007, 03:59 PM
I see there are LOTS of hotels at DL to choose from. Does anyone know which hotels/resorts accomodate a family of 5? Price is of course a factor, but my DH is way outnumbered(surrounded by girls), so privacy/space/size of room is more important. Thanks for any advice!

Carol
04-13-2007, 07:55 AM
Are you asking about hotels on property?

I've only stayed at the Disneyland Hotel - but it does indeed sleep 5. There are 2 queen beds and a day bed.

The room is very spacious and the Hotel is gorgeous.

Have fun planning. :balloon:

Melanie
04-13-2007, 08:19 AM
Paradise Pier also accomodates 5, with two queens and a day bed. It's a very nice hotel and the rooms are huge. It's priced slightly (ever so slighty) lower than the Disneyland Hotel.

I've never stayed at the Grand Californian, but I have been in a room there, and I just can't see 5 in those rooms. They are smaller than the Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier. There you are paying for location, location, location, IMO.

jrkcr
04-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Thanks, I didn't realize that the DLH and PP sleep 5!! I am just starting to plan this trip, and I feel I know nothing about DL. :shake:
Which hotels disney or non disney, are closest to the park entrance? I wish I had a map of all the hotel locations!(is there one?)
BAsically I am wanting something close, with space for 5 people, and maybe a balcony or view of either park. I am not usually picky, but this will be our first(and probably last)trip to DL. We normally live in S.C., but DH is working in Nevada for a year, so we are all moving. And this is the closest to DL we may ever be!!:yay:

tinkwest
04-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Which hotels disney or non disney, are closest to the park entrance? I wish I had a map of all the hotel locations!(is there one?)

Visit the Disneyland homepage (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/home/home?name=HomePage) and click on the word "MAP" near the top of the page for a popup. On the overview you can see the location of the three Resort hotels. You can click on "Good Neighbor Hotels" under the catagory of additional maps. This should give you an idea of quite a few of the area hotel locations.

Personally, if you think this will be your one and only visit, I would choose the Disneyland Hotel.

GoofyGuy75
04-20-2007, 05:18 PM
:thumbsup: When we go we use 2.. I do have a family of 5.. I use the DLH and the Carrosel.. They have a family suite.. You do have to call its not on the web site.. but its a great hotel.. We are also this time around useing the HOJO.

grego77
04-21-2007, 10:04 AM
I am staying at the Ramada Inn - Maingate...VERY cheap, and RIGHT across the street from the walkway between the 2 parks! :mickey:

...Not sure though about if it can handle 5 in one room...

scoot241
04-22-2007, 06:37 PM
The Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort is right across the street also. That's where we're staying when we go at the end of May.

jrkcr
04-25-2007, 10:15 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm still not sure where we'll stay, but I'll be looking online at all the good neighbor hotels this week. If the price is right, DL or PP would be my preference, of course.
:mickey:

BrerGnat
04-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Both DLH and PP have large rooms. The PP does not have balconies, except on the concierge level, I believe. We stayed concierge at the PPH and had a patio that was on the pool level. We could exit our room and walk right to the "rooftop" pool. I think if you are on the other side of the hotel, that floor has balconies. The DLH has balcony "facades". You open your sliding door, and the railing is about six inches away. So, you can "stand" at your "balcony" railing with the door open, but there is nowhere to go. I think the lack of balconies has to do with high rise building safety issues.

There are full balconies at MOST of the rooms at the GCH. Some standard rooms do NOT have balconies at all.

The DLH has the right combination of space and proximity to the parks of all the Disney owned hotels. However, there are hotels off Harbor that are actually closer than even the Grand Californian.

However, if this will be your only trip, I would definitely stay at the Disneyland Hotel. It's not cheap,though. Rates have gone up considerably in the past couple years. If you plan to go in an off time, the starting rate for a standard room is around $265.