PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and Pixie Dust Please

TinkiTime1989
04-12-2007, 03:51 PM
A friend of the family is currently in the ICU. She is only 22 and has a history of drug use. Her parents have tried so hard these past few years to help her get her life together but nothing they do seemed to work. She now has pneumonia, a blood infection, and a heart infection which has eaten 2 holes through her heart. They are performing emergeny surgery tomorrow to try to repair the holes but the doctors don't expect her to make it through the surgery. If you could just keep her parents and two younger sisters in your thoughts and prayers I would really appreciate it. They have been through so much already and I just feel terrible for them. I guess I'll never understand why someone would choose to put their life at risk by doing drugs but hopefully things like this will put it into perspective for other teens like myself. Any prayers and pixie dust for the family would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE--APRIL 14
She made it through surgery and the doctors were able to close both holes in her heart. Unfortunately the damage is more extensive than originally thought and she will have to have a pace maker for the rest of her life should she make it through the next few critical days. Thanks for all of the prayers.

thrillme
04-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Prayers are with you and the family.

It's a horrible path people choose to go down. They just don't realize how many people they're hurting and how selfish they can be to those they love.

DVC2004
04-12-2007, 04:23 PM
More prayers for all invloved.:(

mrsgaribaldi
04-12-2007, 05:31 PM
That's so sad. Prayers and :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: on the way. Please let us know what happens.

Jeri Lynn
04-12-2007, 05:39 PM
How very sad for this family and young woman. Prayers and Pixie dust on the way.:(

Dsnygirl
04-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Sending prayers and :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: to this young girl and her family - what a tragically sad situation for everyone. Let us know how she does.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-12-2007, 10:00 PM
I hope she makes it through the surgery and realizes how valuable life is. And you have a good point about others learning from her experiences. Prayers and pixie dust to all her family and friends.

MsMin
04-13-2007, 12:03 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I've seen far too often what drugs can do to people. Prayers for her family and friends and special prayers and extra :pixie: that she makes it through. :(

mtown71
04-13-2007, 09:36 AM
Very sad situation. Prayers & pixie dust heading their way. Hope she makes it through the surgery.

SandmanGStefani24
04-13-2007, 10:38 AM
i think you're doing a great thing by spreading the story out there so to speak. the more people hear about terrible things like this, the better in my opinion. I battled with a drug problem in high school for many reasons, but the main thing was I didn't understand the gravity of what I was doing to myself. Teens can get the "it won't happen to me" syndrome just as I did. Spreading the word of sad stories like this one can save many.

Hope everything goes well.

DizNee143
04-13-2007, 11:28 AM
prayers and pixie dust on the way!! please keep us updated!!

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

ChipnDaleGal
04-13-2007, 11:55 AM
How sad. her life should just be starting, not ending. I feel sorry for her family. :pixie:

BrerSchultzy
04-13-2007, 12:09 PM
there but for the Grace of God....

Jeremy
04-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Prayers and pixie dust on the way!

TinkiTime1989
04-14-2007, 11:51 PM
Thanks for all of the prayers. Hopefully the situation will continue to improve.

The Bookseller
04-15-2007, 05:58 PM
Here's some :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for your friend, her family and you.

Let's hope that through these hardships, she find the need to change her ways.

princessjojo
04-15-2007, 06:13 PM
:angel: :pixie: :angel: :pixie:
Sending prayers, love and pixie dust to your friend and her family. It's always sad to see young people take this road in life. It is unfortunate that this is how she is able to change her life, but the important fact is that she is able to change her life now.
Best of luck to her... She and her family will need it.