PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans Riverside "Fishing Hole"

sleepingbooty
04-12-2007, 02:53 PM
What is this? I see it located on Ol' Man Island on the map of POR. Is this the only place you are allowed to fish? Are you only allowed to use their equipment or can you bring your own pole? My dad loves to fish, so I'm hoping this would be something he'd enjoy.

tinksmom02
04-12-2007, 11:07 PM
What is this? I see it located on Ol' Man Island on the map of POR. Is this the only place you are allowed to fish? Are you only allowed to use their equipment or can you bring your own pole? My dad loves to fish, so I'm hoping this would be something he'd enjoy.

I can't answer your questions, but I'm sure someone else can. However, we did visit the fishing hole, so I can give you SOME insight...they charged a half-hourly rate per pole (cane poles) with worms (I want to say $6, $7??). It's a really cute, non-disney way to spend some time. We visited after breakfast one morning, it wasn't that crowded, and they had benches and umbrellas set up to get out of the sun. This was on DD4's must-do list, so we obliged her. She didn't catch anything (it's a catch and release program) and neither did anyone else while we were there, but there are definitely fish to be had LOL

I THINK that you can only use their equipment (how else would they profit LOL), but I could be wrong. And I think this is the only place at POR to fish, unless you go on one of the excursions that they offer. Again, I could be wrong.

January-2007
04-13-2007, 08:23 AM
Wow that sounds like something my DH would really enjoy! The fishing excursions are so expensive, but this seems very reasonable. Plus, give us a chance to look at another resort! (We won't be staying at Port Orleans Riverside.) So do you just show up, make reservations, ask at the front desk? Sounds like a lot of fun! :mickey:

Jimenyfan
04-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Both of my kids fished at the fishing hole a few years back. It was cane pole fishing with worms and I believe we caught 1 fish. The rate is cheaper if you go for longer than a half hour but its still pricey. You fish off of a dock and there are not many places to sit. My kids liked it but got frustrated since they werent catching any fish.

sleepingbooty
04-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Well, since the boards were down yesterday I got on the horn to get some more answers. Took 3 different phone calls, but I found out what I needed to know (assuming the info is correct). I knew you could rent cane poles at the "fishin hole" but I wanted to find out if you could use your own pole and fish other locations. According to the woman I spoke to at the marina, you can use your own equipment, and you can fish in any of the canals or waterways except at the marina where the boats are. You can buy bait at the bike rental shop. 2-hour fishing excursions are also available. The 7:00 and 10:00 are $235 for up to 5 people, including equipment and drinks. The 1:30 is $200. :fish: