PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Attraction

flying carpet
04-12-2007, 01:58 PM
I see all these post for Favorite Rides. That is so tough so what is your least Favorite Attraction Ride or Show.

Mine is the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House

magicman
04-12-2007, 02:01 PM
ELLEN'S ENERGY. It's the only place at WDW where I wish I could be doing something... ANYTHING else.

mdricks
04-12-2007, 02:08 PM
The Exit.

d_m_n_n
04-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Of the rides I've done, I would have to say Stitch. My entire family left there (including DSs who love Lilo and Stitch) and just sort of looked at each other. :confused:

The SFRT I've never even thought about doing! :blush: Maybe on my next trip...

krose78
04-12-2007, 02:21 PM
My husbands least favorite is Small World. :stitch2: And I have to agree Stitch is a strange ride my family didn't like it too much. :confused:

darthmacho
04-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Easily, Drew Carey's Sounds Dangerous is not worthy of being a WDW attraction.

Marker
04-12-2007, 02:35 PM
The bus that takes me back to the airport.

ravsluvdisney
04-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Almost have to agree with the Darthman that the Drew Carey thing is a stretch as a fun-filled Disney attraction. But I have a soft spot - for this post - for Stitch....just bad.

AdventurerKim
04-12-2007, 02:50 PM
MK--Swiss Family Treehouse

EPCOT--Ellen's Energy

MGM--Sounds Dangerous (Monster Sound Show was :number1: )

AK--It's Tough To Be A Bug (cool movie but the effects of insects crawling on you are too real for me)

All exits and rides to the airport are always disappointing. :(

pox24
04-12-2007, 02:56 PM
The drive home to West Palm Beach!

bleukarma
04-12-2007, 03:14 PM
The Enchanted Tiki Room. I always want to be doing something else while I'm in there.

prttynpnk
04-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Inoventions! It's like a 4H science fair!!:(

thrillme
04-12-2007, 04:04 PM
Narnia. That exhibit was pretty well worthless.

Dopey's Girl
04-12-2007, 04:15 PM
I also have to vote for Sounds Dangerous and Energy Adventure! They are both good ways to get a nap without leaving the park! Especially Energy...does that really need to be so blasted long?!

DNS
04-12-2007, 04:33 PM
The entire dinorama carnival thing.:ack:

sbryan84
04-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Definitely the plane that makes me leave orlando, as i leave it all behind...:(

cinderellagrl
04-12-2007, 05:24 PM
I wont even bother going near Dinoland; the carnival area! Soo boring, and pointless. Did I come all the way to the world for this? I could drive a couple of miles away if I wanted a carnival!

Mousefever
04-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Oh dear, I know some folks will be unhappy with me, but I have to say mine is Journey Into Your Imagination With Figment. I really want to like it. But the audio is up way too high and the big puff of air scared my son when we went on it. He said, "Never again, Mom."

To be fair, we have never been to Sounds Dangerous, Stitch, Enchanted Tiki Room, and Narnia.

:dory:

Mousehead35
04-12-2007, 06:41 PM
My new least fav ride is the Backlot Tour at MGM! There is nothing left there anymore..

poeticeclipse
04-12-2007, 06:48 PM
I like Sounds Dangerous (Don't Shoot!) It's one of those that if you've seen it once or twice... no need to see it again. I can say that.

I dislike Stitch, Tiki Room (new), Mission Space, and Tomorrowland Speedway (this is probably my number one).

LoriMistress
04-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Hmm....the attractions that I would most likely not do again would be:

MGM Backlot Tour: It was like a cheap version of Universal Studios (back in the late eighties) expect if it was run by Planet Hollywood...yea--that bad!!!

Honey, I Shrunk The Audience: Seen this before at Epcot and at DLR, and both version are horrible. The preshow took forever--and the show itself was lame. Both times DH and I looked at each other after the show and say, "Why did we want to see this again?"

Dinoland area: The PW ride is awful. And I had high expectations for this ride...man, was that a disappointment with DH and myself. I think the concept of Dinoland goes over people's head (expecially a Disney Park with a cheap carnival section propped upback.) Walt would have hated this concept. It just doesn't fit into the theme of AK, personally.

Swiss Family Robinson Tree House: Even as a child I never cared for this attraction.

Tom Sawyer Island: I've only been there once as a child. I don't remember much of it, but I must have been so bored with it because ever since then my family has never taken my brother and I to that attraction again. To me, it seems like a glorified neighborhood park.

TikiGoddess
04-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Aw, gee, where's the love for the Tiki Room? :tikki:

My least favorite attractions:
MK: Indy Speedway
Epcot: Canada film
MGM: Great Movie Ride
AK: Kali River Rapids

TikiG

DISFREAKS
04-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Ellens Energy is my least. Not a big fan of Ms.Ellen.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-12-2007, 08:06 PM
You won't believe this...Space Mountain. :covered:

Only because the dark makes me a nervous wreck. I love the ride itself, it is the dark that freaks me out.

Why do I bother going on it??? Sean and Riley love it and my DH can't ride it at all. :sick: Since I can handle it the best out of the two of us, I take them on once a trip. I can't wait until they are old enough for me to feel comfortable letting them go alone.

The things we do for our kids!! ;)

handmaidenofprincesses
04-12-2007, 08:19 PM
MK- Stitch's Great Escape (I was really looking forward to t too... now I know why the wait was only five minutes...)

EPCOT- Maelstrom

MGM- sounds dangerous

AK- dinosaur (that ride is painful!)

Jerry2
04-12-2007, 09:13 PM
AK- dinosaur (that ride is painful!)

I thought I was the only one that thought that! I'm not sure but it actually seems like they toned it down a little bit. It seemed like it was a bit rougher the first few times I went on it. I still feel like I just went 12 rounds with the champ when I get off that ride.

My wife LOVES the Tiki Room (not me).

My son hates all 3D shows (I have trouble seeing the effects)

indytraveler
04-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Toss up b/w Swiss Family Treehouse and Tom Sawyer Island

cindyrellinut
04-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
You won't believe this...Space Mountain.

I do believe it because Rock N Roller Coaster does the same for me. I rode it once and never will again. I was terrified and couldn't wait to get off.:scared:

PirateLover
04-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Sound Dangerous has GOT TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not only is it a bad ride but Drew Carey isn't even popular anymore...

Stitch is close on his heels though :stitch2:

dolphinmickey9170
04-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Loath.....Speedway.....why do I want to wait in the blistering heat for an hour to ride in a stinky, sweat infested car for 5 minutes?:nope: I won't do it....you can't make me.....

Jeff G
04-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Loath.....Speedway.....why do I want to wait in the blistering heat for an hour to ride in a stinky, sweat infested car for 5 minutes?:nope: I won't do it....you can't make me.....

Speedway is mine as well. Even in the slow season lines are an hour and all to ride a car that you control only the gas on. I just don't get it.

Primeval Whirl is a close 2nd. I'm in good shape and ride everything. The jearkiness threw my back out a couple years ago and nw I can't stand it.

Nick Mc
04-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Mine would have to me

MK - Stitch, I miss Alian Encounter

EPCOT - American Adventure, I dont think i have made it though it yet, but i always wake up right at the end to walk out!

MGM - Sounds Dangerous, Only been on it once to say i have done it, and dont really intend on going back again.

DAK - Kaili River Rapids - for some reason never fails, I am the one to get SOAKED and all my friends are always almost dry!

tron80
04-12-2007, 11:54 PM
MK-Swiss Family treehouse...never cared for it. And the Tea Cups.

Epcot-Universe of Energy..I rather be somewhere else.

MGM-Both the Backlot tour and Sounds Dangerous(something needs to be done with this space)

AK-Hmm..can't think of any. Besides rides,AK has walkthroughs and such.

MrPeetrie
04-13-2007, 12:14 AM
For me, it's easy. The worst ride I've ridden ANYWHERE is Journey into Your Imagination. I never rode the original, but I understand they re-did this ride. And this is what they came up with???

:ack: :ack: :ack:

iceicebritney
04-13-2007, 12:59 AM
my least favorite ride, all though its terrible to say, is its a small world. honestly - i have been terrified of dolls as a kid. its very wierd, i know (being a girl and all) but i've always had a thing about dolls. i never wanted any, and i still dont.

sitting in that boat, floating through the water while all those little dolls look at me... not my idea of a good time. now its a small world of puppies, that would be cute. puppies dressed up in cute little cultural costumes from all over the globe. now THAT i'd enjoy:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
04-13-2007, 05:35 AM
I am not a big fan of spinning - so Tea Cups is a ride that I will never set foot on again. :sick:

RAIDER
04-13-2007, 07:40 AM
Sounds Dangerous :ack: :ack: :ack:

Tikki Rooms :ack:

Carousel of Progress :ack:

and Stichs adventure :ack: :ack: :ack:

...... all of them need replacing

T-Belle
04-13-2007, 07:53 AM
Swiss Family Treehouse
Speedway
Drew Carey's Sounds dangerous
Stitch..Bring back Alien Encounter!

Bear Lee
04-13-2007, 08:46 AM
Stitch for me.

(also would like to see the classic version of the Tiki Room replace the current)

cetacean01
04-13-2007, 08:54 AM
I HATE THE TIKI ROOM!
Maelstrom = lame
Beauty and the Beast show = :ack:
Tarzan Rocks Thatnk god its gone (and a very good friend of mine was in it!)

Bill George
04-13-2007, 08:58 AM
I tend to agree. The only thing I like about the Drew Carey thing is that it is a geat place to catch a quick nap. The backlot tour is boring as well.

Come to think of it, they should move Tower of Terror and Rock N Roller coaster to a different park and just close MGM. The whole place is terrible.

SandmanGStefani24
04-13-2007, 10:05 AM
easy, the Circle of Life 'movie' thing...WAY too preachy, and not very entertaining.

:simba:

ibrowse17
04-13-2007, 10:26 AM
My vote goes to Stitch.

snuggs30
04-13-2007, 12:01 PM
I would have to say Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse and Stitch. Bring back the old Ailen or do something worthy of Disney!!!!

I dislike the new Journey into imagination, I wish they would have never changed the orginal:mad: !!

Sounds dangerous is really stupid!

Figgyluv03
04-13-2007, 12:08 PM
I like Sounds Dangerous (Don't Shoot!) It's one of those that if you've seen it once or twice... no need to see it again. I can say that.

:ditto:

DisneyBabe
04-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Narnia. That exhibit was pretty well worthless.

I agree...when we got out of it, we just looked at each other. WHAT WAS THE POINT?!?!

GenieOfPA
04-13-2007, 08:42 PM
SOUNDS DANGEROUS! WHAT A HORRIBLE ATTRACTION! i actually fell asleep inside it. its 10 mins of sitting in a pitch black room with headphones on. avoid like the plague... unless you need a quick power nap ;) but thats just my :twocents:

CraniumCommando
04-13-2007, 09:32 PM
MK - Swiss Family Treehouse

EPCOT - Living Seas, Innoventions

MGM - Sounds Dangerous (The Monster Sound Show was one of my all time favorites)

AK - Dinoland

SillyOldBear
04-14-2007, 12:03 AM
MK--Country Bears and Tea Cups
(We love Carousel of Progress)

Epcot--Innoventions--only part I like is making the robot and then--done!

MGM--Narnia was pretty bad, but I don't like Tower of Terror!

AK--Dinosaur-yes! it freaks me out too much and I won't ride PM--no spinnning for me!

(We also like the Ellen's Energy and Maelstrom...)

jaredkari
04-14-2007, 11:00 AM
MK: Tomorrowland speedway needs to go!! Such a huge waste of space!! They could do something so much better there.

Epcot: Journey into Imagination. Rode it once will never ride it again

MGM: Drew Carey for sure, just pointless

AK: I'm not really sure. There really isn't much there, maybe Rafiki Nature Watch needs to be improved. We rode the train out there and then just kind of looked at each other and said is this it??

One more thing though, I would like to defend Stitch. I am not a huge Stitch fan but I think the attraction is an improvement over Alien Encounter. I think it is pretty cool.:mickey:

Kairi_7378
04-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Stitch was both my and my husband's least favorite attraction. The Country Bear Jamboree was a close second. I didn't care for Honey I shrunk the Audience either (least favorite of the 3D movies.) After walking around EPCOT all day, I really wished that Oh Canada had SEATS!!!!

Wolf
04-14-2007, 01:44 PM
my least favorite ride, all though its terrible to say, is its a small world. honestly - i have been terrified of dolls as a kid. its very wierd, i know (being a girl and all) but i've always had a thing about dolls. i never wanted any, and i still dont.

sitting in that boat, floating through the water while all those little dolls look at me... not my idea of a good time. now its a small world of puppies, that would be cute. puppies dressed up in cute little cultural costumes from all over the globe. now THAT i'd enjoy:mickey:

Seconded! Those dolls are totally freaky! We always have to ride it because it reminds mom of when she went as a kid, I am usually the first one clamboring out of that darn boat when its over! I got her to ride it during the halloween party, I'm just glad she didnt notice I put it in with all the creepy rides we did that night!

princessjojo
04-14-2007, 06:35 PM
Without a doubt it would have to be Stich. I was really confused :scratch: here and the smell,:ack: Maybe I just didn't get it, but don't think I'm going back to it to try either.

Jared
04-14-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm not sure I can definitively name my least favorite attraction, but Stitch's Great Escape! is definitely the most disappointing.

Alien Encounter was definitely not a favorite, but its replacement is an example of wasted potential. Stitch's Great Escape! is a haphazard quick fix with little thought or regard. Then Disney has the audacity to advertise the show as something new and worthwhile.

No other spot in the Magic Kingdom is wasted more, except perhaps Ariel's Grotto.

Gotta Love Eeyore
04-14-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm with most of you it seems in voting for Stich's Great Escape. It is the one ride that my entire family (DH, DS -8 and DD - 6) hated and have vowed to never ride again.

Thanks for the info about Sounds Dangerous. We've never experienced it and it doesn't sound like something we would like either.

EvilQueen2006
04-14-2007, 09:40 PM
I think i am in agreement with the majority here. . . . .
Stitch, Speedway, Drew Carey, Honey I shrunk the Audience.
My girlfriend would say Tower of Terror, but I love it!

SpecJoe Magic
04-15-2007, 02:58 AM
My wife and I agree on this one. Without a doubt, our least favorite is the Magic Carpets of Aladdin. You might say it's fun for kids, but the MK already had Fantasyland and Toontown plus family attractions, so I don't feel that the MK was lacking attractions for kids. Why do we despise this attraction so much? Here are a few reasons:

1. It totally ruins the theme of Adventureland. The Agrabah setting feels forced upon the land, and contrasts greatly with the surrounding area. Agrabah's setting is in the desert, yet the attraction is placed smack-dab in the middle of a jungle area that contains plenty of trees and foliage.

2. It causes traffic bottlenecks in Adventureland where there used to be none. That whole area where the attraction is located used to be an open area that contained tables and chairs and was a nice place to relax.

3. The hub is too tall. The lamp that sits atop it can be seen from several areas of the park. One view that always aggravates me is from the queue area of Big Thunder Mountain looking back towards Adventureland. I realize that there are high up areas on certain attractions, such as Splash Mountain, that allow guests views of parts of the park that look a little odd due to the viewing height and angle, but it doesn't look too bad for the most part because most of the structures that can be seen look magnificent. However, the lamp looks like it's made of very cheap plastic. So, there is this beautiful view looking down on Frontierland from the Big Thunder Mountain queue except for that eyesore that is part of the skyline.

4. The mixture of the area music in Adventureland with the attraction music at the Magic Carpets of Aladdin sounds really strange. It doesn't blend well together.

You may think that we are nitpicking, but we feel that this attraction does nothing to improve the park and is very intrusive given its location. It was just a cheap way to increase park capacity. The money spent on it could have been put to much better use. I must admit that there are other attractions at WDW that are just as or more subpar than the Magic Carpets of Aladdin if they are viewed independently of their surroundings, but there is nothing else that is as out of place, uninspired, and intrusive as the Magic Carpets of Aladdin. The only possible exception to this is Dino-Rama but at least it is self-contained within its own area.

TennesseeTink
04-15-2007, 09:58 AM
MK - Stitch(I wasn't a big fan of Alien Encounter but at least it gave a bit of a thrill)

MGM - Backlot Tour(super boring)

Epcot - Ellen's Energy(super, duper boring)and Circle of Life

AK - Primeval Whirl(it looks like so much fun but makes me queasy)

wilshade
04-15-2007, 10:23 AM
For me, the Backlot Tour at MGM was the biggest disappointment.

The "Sounds Dangerous" attraction is pretty lame.

Both of these need to be replaced . . . . soon!

TiggerRPh
04-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Lights, Motors, Action..an utter waste of prime Studios real estate. While I appreciated the skill to do the stunts, there was no excitement, no drama, no story....and it was boring.

BronxTigger
04-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Primeval Whirl is one of my favorites!

But, I have to say that the worst ride in all of WDW is Sounds Dangerous. It didn't help that the one time I "rode" it, the headphones were wet so I didn't even put them on! The only value of this ride is the air conditioning and the dark and quiet so you can catch a quick nap.

DH does not like Haunted Mansion, for the sole reason that when he was in the stretch room for the first (and only) time, he got several mosquito bites. He refused to go on it again!

dopeydude
04-15-2007, 12:51 PM
I love mission space even though it can make you sick :ill:. I think that the tomorrowland over head slow train that says, "Now Approaching..." is sort of funny and is cool to see other people riding Space Mountain. But I can see other people hating it.

ghost999
04-15-2007, 02:37 PM
ya'll may hate me for this, but it's a small world gets on my nerves. only though because of the annoying song that gets stuck in your head

LudwigVonDrake
04-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Stitch's Great Escape...did it once and won't make that mistake again :mickey:

My least favorite ride is going under the Disney World sign leaving the property going home :sob:

Touchdown
04-15-2007, 04:31 PM
The Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management

Because every time I go, the love I have for the original show brings me back, and every time I leave the attraction upset. While I understand that things need to change, this one was a poor one. Heck, if they even just let the birds preform the first song in its entirety this show would sky rocket up my list of favorite attractions (not as high as the original but also no where near the bottom either)

Mickey91
04-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Have to agree with most everyone and say stitch.

dumbo ears
04-15-2007, 05:44 PM
i would have to say......the chronicles of narnia exhibit thing. if it is still there

crazeedizneefinatic
04-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Our least favorites are the Backlot Tour (gone down hill in recent years), Tea Cups, although our son makes one of us ride this with him. The Astro Orbitor, yikes. My son does not like Spaceship Earth! I hate to say it out loud. He hates the part of Rome on fire. He says it smells like bacon. Maybe with the upcoming changes we can convince him to go on it.

CandleontheWater
04-15-2007, 09:33 PM
The ride I hate the most is Winnie the Pooh, because it replaced my beloved Mr. Toad. I know, I know, I'm crazy, but you gotta have some solidarity!

The only other ride that I hate is Dinosaur because I'm completely terrified on that ride from start to finish. I know I'm 29 years old, and I logically know that the dinosaurs are not real, however I WILL NOT open my eyes on that ride AT ALL. Its funny to see the picture at the end with my head completely burried in my husband's shoulder