PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who work/worked for WDW.

DisneyMomx2
04-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Does it ruin anything for you?

My biggest fear about working for the company would be that I would be working in my place to get away from everything. Does that make sense? Is it still your happy place?

DizneyRox
04-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Not really...

But, I think it depends on the CM. If a CM is a true CM, then I don't think it matters. If it's just a job, then I do think it can impact your attitude. Backstage really isn't all that magical, and in many cases it's shocking the differences between on-stage and backstage.

jray21
04-12-2007, 01:19 PM
If anything it made me like Disney even more. It was tough at times and it is a job but your still at WDW! On day's off I would visit the parks and it was great sitting on a bench at the end of the night and watch everyone running around for one last ride or purchase . I would just sit there and think, "I live here!!" I do think it does depend on the CM though. Some don't like the job and associate the job with everything disney but I would go so far as to say that the employees are some of Disney's biggest fans.

DizneyRox
04-12-2007, 04:58 PM
... I would go so far as to say that the employees are some of Disney's biggest fans.
You may be right. After all is said and done, I'm fairly certain if you look at the number, Disney CM probably spend most of their extra money at Disney. While a lot of their budget is salary, I would be tthat a lot of that comes right back to the company through purchases made on Disney product.

JustCallMeSquishy
04-12-2007, 05:17 PM
I worked at DLR not WDW but that "feeling" never went away...not before, not during and DEFINITELY not now...

steamboat willy
04-14-2007, 07:32 PM
From the first time I saw that Castle in 1971, working as a CM in "Water Craft" on the waters of Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon from 1973 - 1979. I have grown up at Disney. Now 600 miles away, DW and I need a Disney fix every year. Spent numerous anniversaries, birthdays, etc...any excuse to see the mouse.
DW 50th birthday, our 24th anniversary and my birthday celebration late Sept/Oct in the plans. I LOVE WDW.

disneynarula
04-14-2007, 11:35 PM
I spent all my days off at the park! If anything being able to take my time and "smell the roses." I was able to see all the things that I would never see if I was on vacation.

It is so cool because you never have to prioritize the things that you want to see when you are only there for a week.

You also get to make magic for other people and that makes even more magic for you.

delarosa
04-15-2007, 12:48 PM
It didn't ruin anything for me. I was afraid it would since I was going to be working at MK, which is my favorite park. I love it even more now.