PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions...Cinco de Hold the Mayo

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

drummerboy
04-12-2007, 07:15 AM
Wow, smoothest landing yet. As always, if your luggage has not arrived with you, please submit the proper forms to Frankie.

By the way, DDA is having a special surplus luggage and contents sale next week. Watch this space.

So how's everybody this morning? Riri, good to see you back.

dlpmikki
04-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Now that was great fun to include the tennis court on the plane! Hope I didn't hit Alex too hard with my Ace services :blush:

Anyone want to guess who I am having dinner with tomorrow night?

Mickey'sGirl
04-12-2007, 08:46 AM
By the way, DDA is having a special surplus luggage and contents sale next week. Watch this space.

Great flight Captain! :plane: I only lost one bag this trip!!! Do I have to buy my own stuff back at the sale?

Anyone want to guess who I am having dinner with tomorrow night? I'm sure he/she is interesting....You seem to lead a pretty interesting life Mikki! Is it our Queen? :princess: and her fair prince ?:prince:

Nat -- I'm wondering what part of Canada you are living in? "Cinco de Mayo is huge here...maybe you can come visit Canada?" Now the May pole -- I've heard of that one.... Nothing for Cinco de Mayo....

Ellen -- I am so happy your results were better than you feared! More :pixie: for continued improvement!!

Alex -- I LOVE your legs! We have a music director here in TO named Alan Cross -- He is the word on the music world and does a show called "The Ongoing History of New Music" -- He is teased for constantly including U2 in any way he can to any topic he is covering in his broadcast -- I have heard him tell your story before too (vicarious living, eh?). Did you go to any of the Virtigo shows?

Christine
04-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Thank you Ken!!! I really had had enough of the bunny for this year. Great flight as always... I can't wait til I earn enough miles to get a SEAT and get out of the overhead bins!! I definitely shifted during flight :dizzy:

Mikki, Jenn, Maria, it's so good to see you! Seems like I haven't seen you around the past several days. I thought you guys along with Di and Deb had gone and started a 'Just Answers' forum or something! :D

So what is on the agenda for today? I get to :cart: (joy oh joy), do mounds of :laundry: and then take DD to :soccer: practice tonight. BIG tournament on Saturday!

Mikki, who's coming to dinner???

dlpmikki
04-12-2007, 09:08 AM
It is not royalty :D I am not having the dinner at home I am going to their house in London. It is called the Mansion House. Does that give it away?

Christine
04-12-2007, 09:13 AM
I just don't know...Kensington Palace, Buckingham Palace, House of Windsor and 10 Downy Street are pretty much the extents of my British landmark knowledge! :blush: ...do tell!

Does anyone want some maple brown sugar oatmeal this morning??

Mickey'sGirl
04-12-2007, 09:15 AM
Mikki, Jenn, Maria, it's so good to see you! Seems like I haven't seen you around the past several days. I thought you guys along with Di and Deb had gone and started a 'Just Answers' forum or something! :D :hi: Christine! Funny how life is getting in the way of my Intercot time!!!! :( I'm glad to hear about your upcoming surgery....Hopefully it will resolve your issues once and for all!

It is not royalty :D I am not having the dinner at home I am going to their house in London. It is called the Mansion House. Does that give it away? I guess you will be dining with the Lord Mayor of London? How exciting! In Toronto, you would be hard pressed to find anyone who would be willing to dine with our Mayor!

Christine
04-12-2007, 09:21 AM
:hi: Christine! Funny how life is getting in the way of my Intercot time!!!! :( I'm glad to hear about your upcoming surgery....Hopefully it will resolve your issues once and for all!

I sure hope so!

I guess you will be dining with the Lord Mayor of London? How exciting! In Toronto, you would be hard pressed to find anyone who would be willing to dine with our Mayor!

Very cool Mikki! How did this come about? I kind of dined with my mayor once...he was in the car in front of me at the McDonald's drive thru. Does that count???

alpro2
04-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Alex -- I LOVE your legs! We have a music director here in TO named Alan Cross -- He is the word on the music world and does a show called "The Ongoing History of New Music" -- He is teased for constantly including U2 in any way he can to any topic he is covering in his broadcast -- I have heard him tell your story before too (vicarious living, eh?). Did you go to any of the Virtigo shows?
Good man that Alan Cross! ;)

Yes, I went to see the Vertigo Tour in NYC and Boston.

It is not royalty :D I am not having the dinner at home I am going to their house in London. It is called the Mansion House. Does that give it away?
Fergie?

dlpmikki
04-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Alex you really should read Jennifers posts before posting yourself :thedolls: It is the lord Mayor of London. My livery company is having it's election Banquet with him there. It is an amazing venue - very beautiful. Do I need to explain what a livery company is? No alex, it is nothing to do with horses! :D

offwego
04-12-2007, 09:30 AM
Nat -- I'm wondering what part of Canada you are living in? "Cinco de Mayo is huge here...maybe you can come visit Canada?" Now the May pole -- I've heard of that one.... Nothing for Cinco de Mayo....

Leamington Ontario...we have the largest amount of greenhouses which require a large (and I mean large) amount of seasonal workers. Many of these are migrant workers from Mexico (so many that our town of 25,000 has a Mexican consulute) we also get a signficant amount of workers from Jamacia (there office is in my building)...we have all the salsa you could ever want! May 5th is Mexican independance day.
: I guess you will be dining with the Lord Mayor of London? How exciting! In Toronto, you would be hard pressed to find anyone who would be willing to dine with our Mayor!
I had dinner with the mayor of our town last night does that count?

I Very cool Mikki! How did this come about? I kind of dined with my mayor once...he was in the car in front of me at the McDonald's drive thru. Does that count??? Sure Christine!

The mayor I was eating with last night at a chamber thing...had seconds of desert!

alpro2
04-12-2007, 09:31 AM
So sorry, perhaps I took one too many of your serves off my head?

offwego
04-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Alex you really should read Jennifers posts before posting yourself :thedolls: It is the lord Mayor of London. My livery company is having it's election Banquet with him there. It is an amazing venue - very beautiful. Do I need to explain what a livery company is? No alex, it is nothing to do with horses! :D

Isn't that a car company? Or am I confused now?

Mickey'sGirl
04-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Yes, I went to see the Vertigo Tour in NYC and Boston. I saw one show in T.O. -- my sister saw 3 in T.O., one in Ottawa and another in Buffalo. She is KRAAAZY about Mr. Sunglasses. I enjoyed the show though....

Alex you really should read Jennifers posts before posting yourself :thedolls: Mikki -- I think this is a good rule of thumb for all JQers. My sage wisdom ooozes from my swollen fingers throughout this thread...and they would all benefit for sure. ;) (Howz that?)

alpro2
04-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Leamington Ontario...Sure Christine!

Leamington? Did you say Leamington? Uh, sorry but I have never heard of Leamington. Hey, doesn't that Baker Babe money tycoon live in Leamington? ;)

alpro2
04-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Mikki -- I think this is a good rule of thumb for all JQers. My sage wisdom ooozes from my swollen fingers throughout this thread...and they would all benefit for sure. ;) (Howz that?)
Paleeeeeze! Were you the teacher's pet in school?

dlpmikki
04-12-2007, 09:38 AM
I saw one show in T.O. -- my sister saw 3 in T.O., one in Ottawa and another in Buffalo. She is KRAAAZY about Mr. Sunglasses. I enjoyed the show though....
Mikki -- I think this is a good rule of thumb for all JQers. My sage wisdom ooozes from my swollen fingers throughout this thread...and they would all benefit for sure. ;) (Howz that?)

Jennifer, don't let your head get too big! ;)

Trade and craft associations have flourished all over Europe for many centuries, but the City of London companies, now collectively known as the Livery, are unique in their survival, number and diversity.

The social and economic conditions which gave birth to the original guilds have long since been overtaken by the development of industry and commerce, but the livery companies still flourish today as living institutions. Their survival has been achieved by doing what they have always done: fostering their trade in a wide context, serving the community, and embracing modern skills and professions. Today there are 107 livery companies in the City of London.

I am a Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of World Traders.

Is that any clearer? :D

offwego
04-12-2007, 09:53 AM
Leamington? Did you say Leamington? Uh, sorry but I have never heard of Leamington. Hey, doesn't that Baker Babe money tycoon live in Leamington? ;)
Um yeah I do...Did you need a question that bad?

Jennifer, don't let your head get too big! ;)

Trade and craft associations have flourished all over Europe for many centuries, but the City of London companies, now collectively known as the Livery, are unique in their survival, number and diversity.

The social and economic conditions which gave birth to the original guilds have long since been overtaken by the development of industry and commerce, but the livery companies still flourish today as living institutions. Their survival has been achieved by doing what they have always done: fostering their trade in a wide context, serving the community, and embracing modern skills and professions. Today there are 107 livery companies in the City of London.

Not really but it was well written.

dlpmikki
04-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Um yeah I do...Did you need a question that bad?

I took it off the City of London website :D here is the history section:

The livery companies probably had their origins in this country before 1066. Guilds (or mysteries, from the Latin 'misterium', meaning professional skill) flourished throughout Europe for many centuries.

The development of guilds in Britain was not confined to London. The Cutlers of Hallamshire in Sheffield, the Merchant Venturers of Bristol and the Fellmongers of Richmond in Yorkshire are examples of those still in existence around Britain.

The word 'guild' derives from the Saxon word for payment, since membership of these fraternities was (and is) paid for. The word 'livery' refers to uniform clothing as means of identification. Today, new companies in their formative years are usually referred to as guilds.

The early companies were the medieval equivalent of trading standards departments, checking quality of goods and weights and measures. They also controlled imports, set wages and working conditions and trained apprentices. After many years of fierce dispute, an order of precedence for livery companies was finally settled in 1515, starting with Mercers at number one.

Today City street names - such as Milk Street, Bread Street, Ironmonger Lane, Poultry, Cloth Fair and Mason's Avenue - mark the sites where it all began.

Did you know I even got to herd sheep over London Bridge once as part of this?

Mickey'sGirl
04-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Paleeeeeze! Were you the teacher's pet in school? Often, but not always. Those who didn't like me, really didn't like me :thedolls: .

Jennifer, don't let your head get too big! ;) The swollen head is to match the fingers, Mikki!

Is that any clearer? :D Somewhat -- mostly I agree with Nat. It was well written!:thumbsup: -- Boy am I looking forward to meeting you in October!

Anyone have some ideas for what to do with the 8 billion chocolate bunnies and eggs that my children have left from Easter? I have hidden them from view -- so there will not be a revolt when they are "dealt" with....

offwego
04-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Did you know I even got to herd sheep over London Bridge once as part of this? Personally I think the swan counting gig sounded cool.

Anyone have some ideas for what to do with the 8 billion chocolate bunnies and eggs that my children have left from Easter? I have hidden them from view -- so there will not be a revolt when they are "dealt" with.... Can you just toss them out?

Not sure you'd want to take them to school with you...unless you hand them out as you leave.

Cooking with them rarely works out. You can freeze them but personally I'd just pitch them.

ElenitaB
04-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Oh, Mikki gets dressed up and goes out on the town! First of all, the all important question: what shoes are you wearing?

It was but I still need to google to get more info. Do you think Mikki is a shareholder and she's increasing site traffic for them right now?

Does anyone want some maple brown sugar oatmeal this morning??
I do! The cookies are over there... I need :coffee:

drummerboy
04-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Mikki, a livery company in thte U.S. is one that rents vehicles out. Not sure about the origin of the usage (and too lazy to google it). I've been RVing with our mayor, and the mayor of a nearby town helps me with percussion in the concert band, can we count that? Will you be asking the Lord Mayor lots of questions?

If anyone can provide photographic proof that they previously have been in possession of a particular piece of luggage that they see at the big sale will be permitted to make the first bid on that piece of luggage. We at DDA try to be fair about these things.

Uh, Christine, we have some padded overhead bins at the back of the plane if that will help. There's only a small surcharge.

I may be a bit scarce next week, depending on internet availability where I'm going. Will you all be able to get along? Do I need to appoint a monitor? (Put your hand down Jennifer, appointments will not be made on a "pick me, pick me" basis.) DDH's (Drummerboy Discount Hospital) fine staff of 'physicians' will be on hand in my absence should anyone be beset by some sort of calamity [coughs out name 'Rhonda'] or such.

As usual, all questions about lost luggage should be reported to Frankie. Any other questions or complaints about DDA should be directed to this little round file recepticle right here beside my desk.

Nascfan
04-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Did I miss the flight?

Hi gang! We're moving offices, computers, desks, you name it around here today, so this may be my only post. Hope everyone has a magical day!

offwego
04-12-2007, 11:40 AM
I've been RVing with our mayor, and the mayor of a nearby town helps me with percussion in the concert band, can we count that? Will you be asking the Lord Mayor lots of questions?

I may be a bit scarce next week, depending on internet availability where I'm going. Will you all be able to get along? Do I need to appoint a monitor? (Put your hand down Jennifer, appointments will not be made on a "pick me, pick me" basis.) DDH's (Drummerboy Discount Hospital) fine staff of 'physicians' will be on hand in my absence should anyone be beset by some sort of calamity [coughs out name 'Rhonda'] or such.

I nominate Scott...in case his computers don't work.

Did I miss the flight?

Hi gang! We're moving offices, computers, desks, you name it around here today, so this may be my only post. Hope everyone has a magical day!

I hope you do as well.. even if I can't see how you could.

Do they give you cookies for this Scott?

Nascfan
04-12-2007, 12:31 PM
I nominate Scott...in case his computers don't work.

Do they give you cookies for this Scott?

No they don't! Got any that I can have? And what am I being nominated for? (reads above)...oh. Hopefully my monitor will work. ;) My computer gets moved after lunch.

offwego
04-12-2007, 12:43 PM
No they don't! Got any that I can have? And what am I being nominated for? (reads above)...oh. Hopefully my monitor will work. ;) My computer gets moved after lunch.

No cookies sorry. Got some water if that would help?

Good luck with the move.

drummerboy
04-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Scott, they didn't use DDMS? (Drummerboy Discount Moving Services. Motto: "No, that was broken when we got it".) I'm heartbroken. [Wipes tear from eye, peeks to see if anyone is looking, works up another tear.]

ElenitaB
04-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Did you know I even got to herd sheep over London Bridge once as part of this?
Were you wearing a nice frock and heels for this?

So when a repair company tells you that you have an appointment for repair (the treadmill) between 2:00 and 6:00, they mean 5:55, right? :wait:

alpro2
04-12-2007, 03:18 PM

Oh, you mean a Union?

Anyone have some ideas for what to do with the 8 billion chocolate bunnies and eggs that my children have left from Easter? I have hidden them from view -- so there will not be a revolt when they are "dealt" with....
Chocolate bunny and egg salad?

Riri529
04-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Mikki, Jenn, Maria, it's so good to see you! Seems like I haven't seen you around the past several days. I thought you guys along with Di and Deb had gone and started a 'Just Answers' forum or something! :D

Christine, good to be back. Regarding the "just answers" forum--No can do, because I'm still searching for all the answers!! :D

Ken,
Thanks for another fabulous flight. Good thing I got my racquet restrung so that I could hit with Mikki.

Ellen,
Is that treadmill already in need of repair?

Dsnygirl
04-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Everybody buckled in tight? Blythe, the buckle doesn't go 'round your head dear. (Newbies) All right, off we go to...

Wow!! What a flight... must've been a smooth one - slept right through it!! :sleepin: Either that, or the buckle around my head cut off all the 02 and I just came around... :dizzy: Anyone seen my luggage?? I'll call Frankie... first flight and all, must've overpacked...:blush:

Eat them all yourself before they find out???:D

I do! The cookies are over there... I need :coffee:

Me, too - thanks for the cookies!!

:sick:

How is everyone today??

Ellen - did you oversleep?? Sorry I deserted you last night...

Mikki - have a great dinner... let us know what good eats you had so we can live vicariously through you!!

Anyone else really glad tomorrow's Friday??

(By the way Alex - forgot to mention it on the last flight - nice legs!! :D )

ElenitaB
04-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Didn't you read the title of the thread? "Hold the Mayo"

Ellen, Is that treadmill already in need of repair?
The installers left the cord UNDER the treadmill :shake: ... I managed to pull the cord out (yes, me with the 5+ abdominal surgeries) but it now has "squished cord syndrome."

Do you think they meant a different time zone???

Dsnygirl
04-12-2007, 05:29 PM
OBTW - Ken - my compliments on the title of this thread!! :) But I think my sandwiches will be a little dry on this flight... :laughing:

offwego
04-12-2007, 05:33 PM
OBTW - Ken - my compliments on the title of this thread!! :) But I think my sandwiches will be a little dry on this flight... :laughing:

Blythe I know it's early but where did you put your question in there?

Are you asking us if the sandwiches will be dry? Cause you don't know this yet but you don't ever want to eat on these flights it's just not a good idea.

alpro2
04-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Working late Baner Babe?

offwego
04-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Working late Baner Babe?

Guessing this means me but yes...almost done.

And you? I'm working on a wicked deal but it's a whole new industry so the stacked ranking research is tough. And they are niche within their own market...but it will be so worth it if I can get it done so it's all good!!

Dsnygirl
04-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Blythe I know it's early but where did you put your question in there?

Are you asking us if the sandwiches will be dry? Cause you don't know this yet but you don't ever want to eat on these flights it's just not a good idea.

:hide: Ooops... guess the coffee hadn't kicked in yet... why doesn't anyone eat on these flights? Is it b/c of suggestions like Alex's chocolate bunny & egg salad combo? Because if that's what you're serving, I can see why!!

And you? I'm working on a wicked deal but it's a whole new industry so the stacked ranking research is tough. And they are niche within their own market...but it will be so worth it if I can get it done so it's all good!!

Gotta ask since I'm new - what kind of work do you do? Sounds pretty cool...:cool: Good luck on the deal - w/ Ken's double-secret special "deal" pixie dust, you should be set! :thumbsup:

drummerboy
04-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Gotta ask since I'm new - what kind of work do you do?
You didn't know Nat was our favorite (favourite) banker babe?

Christine
04-12-2007, 09:40 PM
I have a question (guess I'm in the right place, huh??). I don't do coffee often...maybe once a month. Whenever I go to Starbuck's and ask for a mocha latte, they say, "okay, that's a caffe mocha!"

Doesn't latte mean espresso with steamed milk? And if I want mocha flavoring too, wouldn't that make it a mocha latte?

I feel like a total coffee idiot whenever I go there! (oh, and how woud I "properly" order that to be non-fat with no whipped cream too?)

alpro2
04-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Hate Starbucks. Grande, Tall,,,what the heck is that about? Why can't I just ask for a small, medium, or large BURNT coffee?

Christine
04-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Hate Starbucks. Grande, Tall,,,what the heck is that about? Why can't I just ask for a small, medium, or large BURNT coffee?

Exactly! They make you feel like an idiot b/c you can't order a cup of coffee in an essay format!
I used to try to make coffee at home. TRY being the key word! :sick: :ack: Theirs tastes like HEAVEN compared to mine! Theirs may be burnt, but mine was CHARRED!
What to do???

Dsnygirl
04-12-2007, 09:55 PM
I used to try to make coffee at home. TRY being the key word!
What to do???

Have your DH make it, like I do!! :D I make the WORST coffee, and I LOVE the stuff... my DH doesn't even like it, but his is great!! Go figure...

I haven't been to a Starbucks in ages - I usually get my Starbucks fix @ Barnes & Noble - but I totally agree w/ you... every coffee place has their own fancy name for everything, and God forbid you don't describe it right! My favorite?? I went to DD to get a "mocha latte, no whipped cream" and ended up with half a cup full... when I asked where the rest of the latte was, the girl said, "You said no whipped cream!" I think I just stared at her for a moment before I realized she really thought that meant she shouldn't fill the cup the rest of the way, where the whipped cream would have been!! :huh: :crazy:

Anybody tried the new chai lattes out there?

drummerboy
04-12-2007, 11:04 PM
You know, I like to go to a place where the waitress calls me 'hon'. A place where the dames look good because the haze from the smoke-filled room has a softening effect. A place where I can get a good cuppa Joe straight up, maybe a little sweet like the dark-haired dish at my elbow.

I was in one of those places one dark and stormy night when the wall phone rang. The bartender said it was for me...

I'm sorry, did somebody mention coffee? I guess I was dozing. Why do I have a sudden urge to go to Casablanca?

Beast_fanatic
04-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Ken, was that an excerpt from your book?

dlpmikki
04-13-2007, 02:32 AM
I like a nice simple black coffee as I don't like milk. It amuses me that in Starbucks you have to ask for an Americana to get that (basicly a watered down espresso). Do they call it that over there? Or do they call it that because the europeans think the americans drink weak coffee? My dh makes wonderful coffee or at least our coffee maker does after he has put everything together!

alpro2
04-13-2007, 05:47 AM
....A place where I can get a good cuppa Joe straight up, maybe a little sweet like the dark-haired dish at my elbow.

The dark-haired dish at your elbow? What kind of places do you eat at anyway? You must be wary of those "daily" specials.

I like a nice simple black coffee as I don't like milk. It amuses me that in Starbucks you have to ask for an Americana to get that (basicly a watered down espresso). Do they call it that over there? Or do they call it that because the europeans think the americans drink weak coffee? My dh makes wonderful coffee or at least our coffee maker does after he has put everything together!
My cousin from Italy calls the coffee over here, "dirty water". :D

drummerboy
04-13-2007, 07:29 AM
Ken, was that an excerpt from your book?
That was my lame parody of old movies in an attempt to say I like plain coffee with sugar. Don't we have some 'Casablanca' fans here? :blush:

Anybody want advance tickets to our next show? I'm playing the 70-something washed out British actor who's playing a has-been burglar.

drummerboy
04-13-2007, 07:33 AM
The dark-haired dish at your elbow? What kind of places do you eat at anyway? You must be wary of those "daily" specials.
You haven't eaten at a DDDD (Drummerboy Discount Deluxe Diner) yet? :eat:

alpro2
04-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Anybody want advance tickets to our next show? I'm playing the 70-something washed out British actor who's playing a has-been burglar.
So I guess the only thing that you have to act out is the British part? ;)

Mickey'sGirl
04-13-2007, 08:37 AM
Do I need to appoint a monitor? (Put your hand down Jennifer, appointments will not be made on a "pick me, pick me" basis.) Ken, have you made a decision yet? My arm is killing me :hi: !

So when a repair company tells you that you have an appointment for repair (the treadmill) between 2:00 and 6:00, they mean 5:55, right? :wait: Yes. And when the air conditioner install team tells you they will be at your home on Wednesday afternoon between 1 and 5, it means 11:30 when you are still at school with your children, right?

Theirs tastes like HEAVEN compared to mine! Theirs may be burnt, but mine was CHARRED!
What to do??? I am laughing....'cause I can't make coffee to save my soul... I can cook or bake anything you desire, just don't ask for a coffee to go with it... Oh, and I really like Starbucks strong coffee's....

Have your DH make it, like I do!! :D This is my strategy too Blythe....

My cousin from Italy calls the coffee over here, "dirty water". :D No offense intended, but so do we Canadians..... We aren't too crazy about the U.S. coffee...this is why we are secretly infiltrating the market (from the Northeast) with our Timmies..... :coffee:

What's on tap for the day folks? I had to take Euan for a hearing test yesterday afternoon -- His hearing is perfect, just selective.... Here we go again!:mickey:

Dsnygirl
04-13-2007, 08:43 AM
You haven't eaten at a DDDD (Drummerboy Discount Deluxe Diner) yet? :eat:

Not too sure I want to, if you serve off "dark-haired dishes" with your elbows... :D

What's everybody up to today?? The IRS dropped my tax $$ into my account overnight, so I'm just sitting back and feeling rich... hey, a woman can dream, right? :blush: Now, where'd those bills go?? :spend:

Dsnygirl
04-13-2007, 08:45 AM
No offense intended, but so do we Canadians..... We aren't too crazy about the U.S. coffee...this is why we are secretly infiltrating the market (from the Northeast) with our Timmies.....

I won't even tell you what my dad used to call American coffee (and he was American...;) ) What are Timmies??

Christine
04-13-2007, 08:46 AM
What's on tap for the day folks? I had to take Euan for a hearing test yesterday afternoon -- His hearing is perfect, just selective.... Here we go again!:mickey:

:laughing: That is hysterical! Do you think science can go ahead and determine that that is a typical attribute of the male chromosome???

Not too much on tap for me today. I am hunkering down at home...we are due for STRONG storms, so I made sure to get all my errands done yesterday!

They are having a memorial at DD's school today for the teacher who died two weeks ago (you may have seen that on another post of mine...very sad). I find it odd that it is restricted to students and faculty only. :confused:

DH is going to a ceremony after work. His friend from high school is being sworn in as a federal judge today. I find this a teeny bit scary somehow, having heard many stories about him from high school :eek:

Then it's off to bed early as we have to be on the :soccer: fields at 7am. I will DEFINITELY have to go to Starbuck's tomorrow...
I will have to rehearse and practice ordering my coffee short story! :rolleyes:

Mickey'sGirl
04-13-2007, 09:04 AM
Size, Syrup, type of milk ... (this is according to my barista Eva)
I just ordered a Grande Cinnamon Dolce Non-Fat ---- and man it is good!

I won't even tell you what my dad used to call American coffee (and he was American...;) ) What are Timmies?? Timmies is slang for Tim Horton's .... a donut chain discussed ad nauseum in other threads .... They are prolific throughout Ontario anyway (there are 5 in my town alone -- I can easily get to 4 from my office..... Everyone goes to Timmies and often order a "double-double"... Does this help?
:laughing: That is hysterical! Do you think science can go ahead and determine that that is a typical attribute of the male chromosome???
I'm glad you said it and not me!

.......I will DEFINITELY have to go to Starbuck's tomorrow...I will have to rehearse and practice ordering my coffee short story! :rolleyes: Please see my instructions to Alex above....;)

disneydrmr
04-13-2007, 09:13 AM
(huffing and puffing...) WHEW! :whew: Sorry I'm late... I missed the flight here... and since I'm pretty much poor this month I had to run to get here. Now I'm too tired to talk, so I think I'll just sit down and listen to all of you chatting.

Anyone got a Hot Apple Cider from Starbucks I can have?

offwego
04-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Christine have you tried going to Starbucks website? they have a "how to order" page...But essentially what you want is a (insert size here), nonfat, no whip, mocha shot latte. Say it fast and say it firmly (like to a 3 year old say who's hopped up on sugar)...practice best snooty look if you feel it's helpful and raise one eyebrow if you can. (this works best with cell phone on one ear and a negligent shrug to the people with you that clearly expresses one does this all the time and yet the barista's are so sloooow here). However if it's one your going to be in all the time...just smile broadly go slowly and tell them you'll be back more often if they can help you figure this out. (Personally in full banker gear they never roll their eyes...in weekend wear they often do. Maybe I need more expensive jeans?)

[QUOTE=Dsnygirl;1255768]I won't even tell you what my dad used to call American coffee (and he was American...;) ) What are Timmies??
Timmies refers to Tim Hortons coffee chain...an obscure hockey player for some lackluster team or other. Since taken over the market in Canada for coffee...kinda like Dunkin Donuts really.

What's everybody up to today?? The IRS dropped my tax $$ into my account overnight, so I'm just sitting back and feeling rich... hey, a woman can dream, right? :blush: Now, where'd those bills go?? :spend: Now that's a nice feeling isn't it?

What's on tap for the day folks? I had to take Euan for a hearing test yesterday afternoon -- His hearing is perfect, just selective.... Here we go again!:mickey: Not much thank goodness this week has been crazy!!

So it's based on Frankie?

Dsnygirl
04-13-2007, 09:15 AM
Not too much on tap for me today. I am hunkering down at home...we are due for STRONG storms, so I made sure to get all my errands done yesterday!

Hi Christine! :hi: Make sure you hold down your house today - wouldn't want you to end up in the Land of Oz!! :fan:

Have you heard when your surgery is going to be yet? How are you feeling?

Timmies is slang for Tim Horton's .... a donut chain discussed ad nauseum in other threads .... They are prolific throughout Ontario anyway (there are 5 in my town alone -- I can easily get to 4 from my office..... Everyone goes to Timmies and often order a "double-double"... Does this help?

I should have realized... we used to hit one on the QEW or 401 on our way to Michigan to visit my DH's sister & her family. They have some seriously good glazed donuts!!

That Grande Cinnamon Dolce sounds great - want to send some down my way?? :D

Mickey'sGirl
04-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Timmies refers to Tim Hortons coffee chain...an obscure hockey player for some lackluster team or other. I'm telling!!!! Ken! Ken!! Nat is instigating a riot!!!!! Ken! Is anyone out there who can ref this??? ;)

drummerboy
04-13-2007, 09:32 AM
So I guess the only thing that you have to act out is the British part? ;)
And I have to do two different British accents. The rest is a piece of cake, just act like Frankie. (See quote from Nat's post, below.)

Ken, have you made a decision yet? My arm is killing me :hi: !

Didn't I tell you I already picked...

[Don't you just hate those dropped calls?]

Not too sure I want to, if you serve off "dark-haired dishes" with your elbows... :D
Mom always said to keep my elbows off the table, so I started putting them on the dishes instead.

I'm sorry, could you repeat that? I wasn't listening.

Loosely.

Christine
04-13-2007, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the barista tips, Jenn and Nat! I especially like the "attitude" advice :D (cell phone, negligent shrug, etc!) :cool:

Hi Christine! :hi: Make sure you hold down your house today - wouldn't want you to end up in the Land of Oz!! :fan:

Have you heard when your surgery is going to be yet? How are you feeling?

I definitely don't want to go to Oz (Jenn- you may want to sit down for this) because I wouldn't have any idea where I was as I have never seen that movie either! (Blythe, Jenn is amazed that I have never seen any of the Star Wars movies or Indiana Jones series )

No word yet on when my surgery is going to happen. :scared: :hide2: I am pretty much just feeling scared...my tummy hasn't been bothering me too much. You're so sweet to ask! :hug:

Anyone else listening to Live 365 this morning? No Lines radio is playing a whole day at the Magic Kingdom. The rope drop just happened and we are in Fantasyland about to ride Snow White! Want to join me???

Nascfan
04-13-2007, 09:35 AM

What? Did someone say something?

Stay safe in any storms today Christine.

Mickey'sGirl
04-13-2007, 09:39 AM
I definitely don't want to go to Oz (Jenn- you may want to sit down for this) because I wouldn't have any idea where I was as I have never seen that movie either! :jaw: :eyes: :jaw:

What? Did someone say something?:D

I played the Scarecrow in my Grade 6 production of Oz.... Anyone want my autograph now?

Nascfan
04-13-2007, 09:41 AM
I definitely don't want to go to Oz (Jenn- you may want to sit down for this) because I wouldn't have any idea where I was as I have never seen that movie either! (Blythe, Jenn is amazed that I have never seen any of the Star Wars movies or Indiana Jones series )

No word yet on when my surgery is going to happen. :scared: :hide2: I am pretty much just feeling scared...my tummy hasn't been bothering me too much. You're so sweet to ask! :hug:

Anyone else listening to Live 365 this morning? No Lines radio is playing a whole day at the Magic Kingdom. The rope drop just happened and we are in Fantasyland about to ride Snow White! Want to join me???

You've never seen Wizard of Oz either?!?! What the? Allright, we've got to get you to one of our houses to watch some movies.

You'll be fine with your surgery, not to worry. With all the :pixie: that's coming your way, piece of cake.

No lines radio you say? I'll try and bring that up.

Nascfan
04-13-2007, 09:49 AM
I played the Scarecrow in my Grade 6 production of Oz.... Anyone want my autograph now?

You're famous! Can I have an 8 X 10 glossy too?

Christine
04-13-2007, 09:50 AM
What? Did someone say something?

Oh, you just think you are SOooooo clever, don't you? ;)

I want it now as much as I ever have! :D

You've never seen Wizard of Oz either?!?! What the? Allright, we've got to get you to one of our houses to watch some movies.

You'll be fine with your surgery, not to worry. With all the :pixie: that's coming your way, piece of cake.

No lines radio you say? I'll try and bring that up.

Thanks for the :pixie:!

And let me be clear...it is not that I have been DEPRIVED and not given the opportunity to watch these movies, it is that I have not been offered a great enough reward to endure sitting through them! DH offered me $50 to watch the Star Wars movies and I turned him down flat!

Yep, No lines radio...you GOTTA listen! We just got off Small World, so you're safe! Now we're on the teacups.:sick: :ack: :dizzy: Next up, Philharmagic!

Mickey'sGirl
04-13-2007, 09:55 AM
You're famous! Can I have an 8 X 10 glossy too?
Do you keep darts in your desk? :thedolls:

mtown71
04-13-2007, 09:57 AM
:sail: :drive: :bike: :hurdle: :hi: WHEW!!!! Man, it took forever to get here since I missed the flight. I will never buy another map from DDM&S (Drummerboy's Discount Maps & Stuff) I wound up in some strange diner that sold dark-haired dishes...they told me to find someone that is acting with a British accent but that led me to someone from OZ...Hmmm... am I in the right place now???
(I brought cookies to share!) How is everyone doing? It seems like forever since I have been on here.

Nascfan
04-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Oh, you just think you are SOooooo clever, don't you? ;)

And let me be clear...it is not that I have been DEPRIVED and not given the opportunity to watch these movies, it is that I have not been offered a great enough reward to endure sitting through them! DH offered me $50 to watch the Star Wars movies and I turned him down flat!

Umm, yep. ;)
$50 and you turned him down? I'll take that! Of course, it probably helps that I like those movies.

Do you keep darts in your desk? :thedolls:

No, why do you ask? :D

Nascfan
04-13-2007, 10:02 AM
(I brought cookies to share!) How is everyone doing? It seems like forever since I have been on here.

Chocolate chunk? Oh heck who cares, I'll take some! Good to "see" you Deb! :)

mtown71
04-13-2007, 10:05 AM
Chocolate chunk? Oh heck who cares, I'll take some! Good to "see" you Deb! :)

Well, how about key lime white chocolate chunk? Good to "see" you too! Seems like I missed a lot, huh? Why does work take up so much free time?

Christine
04-13-2007, 10:21 AM
Good to "see" you too! Seems like I missed a lot, huh?

:hi: Deb! Let me catch you up to speed...

Jenn is a not only a Galactic Hero, but has recently revealed she was a child star :drama:

Ellen is fighting repairmen regarding her new :bike:

Di is exhausted and is in spectator mode until she catches her breath

Blythe is probably getting ready to :sleepin: SHHH!

Ken is preparing to portray Frankie in the Wizard of OZ...wait, that's not right..:confused:

Rhonda is sitting at home with a raw steak on her face

Nat is wearing a suit and making coffee baristas cry

Scott is eating cookies (surprise) with that smart-mouth of his!

Alex is trying to find out where his royalties from "The Joshua Tree" are

Mikki is about to overthrow Tony Blair in the UK

Frankie is...well I still can't answer that one!

and I just hopped from Magic Kingdom and am entering EPCOT, thanks to No Lines Radio on Live 365!

Does that help?

drummerboy
04-13-2007, 10:21 AM
What is it with the sister babes missing flights? I would think somebody as flighty as...
never mind. Never said it. You didn't hear it.

Speaking of taking flight. I'm going to miss everybody when I take flight next week (still not sure what the internet situation will be). I'll have to reserve a two-hour block when I get home to catch up with this thread.

Christine
04-13-2007, 10:25 AM
I'll have to reserve a two-hour block when I get home to catch up with this thread.

Would you like me to write you one of my glorious summations as I did for Deb???

drummerboy
04-13-2007, 10:31 AM
:hi: Deb! Let me catch you up to speed...

Ken is preparing to portray Frankie in the Wizard of OZ...wait, that's not right..:confused:
Wow Christine, nice summary. And that's OK, I'm not sure what I'm playing any more anyway. Let's see, was it Frankie in the Wizard of Odds? Frankie in The Spy Who Came in From the Hold (a seafaring play)? Or was it Frankie playing me in The Old Man and the Brie (a cheesy play, if I may say so)? I'm so confused. Glad I'm going on vacation.

Dsnygirl
04-13-2007, 10:38 AM
Wow!! Step away for two minutes... I can't keep up with you guys!! :coaster:

Blythe is probably getting ready to SHHH!

Nope - no sleep for me today - didn't work last night. Guess I'll be hanging around the computer too much instead...

Wow... never been to Oz... or Tatuine... :eyes: I'm with you on the Indiana Jones movies, though - I think I've only seen the first one. My DH finds that shocking...

Sure, I'll join you at Fantasyland - gotta try to tune it in -it's been awhile!

Amazing... Galactic Hero and famous actress... how do you find the time??

You'll be fine with your surgery, not to worry. With all the pixie dust that's coming your way, piece of cake.

How'd Frankie get involved in her surgery???

Yep, No lines radio...you GOTTA listen! We just got off Small World, so you're safe! Now we're on the teacups.:sick: :dizzy: Next up, Philharmagic!

How'd you get him offer $$? Hadn't thought of that... maybe I'll try this weekend.

I'll skip the teacups, thanks... :ack:

Well, how about key lime white chocolate chunk? Good to "see" you too! Seems like I missed a lot, huh? Why does work take up so much free time?

Sounds great! Any margaritas to go along? No work for me today until 7pm, but wish that I could just ignore all the :mop: :laundry: and :dishes: that are calling my name...

Speaking of taking flight. I'm going to miss everybody when I take flight next week (still not sure what the internet situation will be). I'll have to reserve a two-hour block when I get home to catch up with this thread.

You think that's all you'll need??

offwego
04-13-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the barista tips, Jenn and Nat! I especially like the "attitude" advice :D (cell phone, negligent shrug, etc!) :cool:

My FIL is having the same surgery as you Christine on July 4th...so I'll be having all my fingers crossed.
Christine any time you need tips on intimidation just let me know...My DH swears if I'm in the mood I would be just fine dealing with Prime Ministers Presidents or anyone else...you just have to remember a barista is a person.

I'm telling!!!! Ken! Ken!! Nat is instigating a riot!!!!! Ken! Is anyone out there who can ref this??? ;)
What riot? How can the truth be a riot...besides I haven't seen them win a Stanley cup have you?
And Jenn...speaking indirectly of Politicians..I'm having dinner with Justin Trudea (and like 100 other people) in a few weeks. Which to me is way cool.

Mickey'sGirl
04-13-2007, 10:55 AM
What is it with the sister babes missing flights? I would think somebody as flighty as...
never mind. Never said it. You didn't hear it. This was the joke I had in my mind too Ken....:D

Would you like me to write you one of my glorious summations as I did for Deb??? You are a fine summarizer. Perhaps you should be named the official summarizer of Drummerboy Discount International?

And Jenn...speaking indirectly of Politicians..I'm having dinner with Justin Trudea (and like 100 other people) in a few weeks. Which to me is way cool. That's pretty cool...although I am still on the fence with him politically speaking (I'm trying to decide if he in an opportunist or not....) he is rather cute ;) . I'm having dinner next week with Pogo and his wife....then with Jym and Rachel....How cool is that????

offwego
04-13-2007, 11:08 AM
That's pretty cool...although I am still on the fence with him politically speaking (I'm trying to decide if he in an opportunist or not....) he is rather cute ;) . I'm having dinner next week with Pogo and his wife....then with Jym and Rachel....How cool is that????
Well your's is cooler what with it being in WDW...but my company pays for mine so it's cheaper. Sigh if only we wanted to fiance stuff in Florida.

Re the whole opportunist thing..fundementally that just describes all politicians or at least better then 85% of them. It's just a case of choosing which ones are going after something you might be interested in as well. But he's still mighty cute. If far too young.

I'm a huge trudeau fan though. Friends even bought me a little statue thing that sits by the fireplace. Never met him though. Did meet Jean & Paul though. And a bunch of provincial premiers. Including Mike Harris on a flight to Florida...

Anyone else know too many politicians?

Dsnygirl
04-13-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm having dinner next week with Pogo and his wife....then with Jym and Rachel....How cool is that????

That is WAY cool... wish they'd be down again in October!! :( Where are you guys eating?

drummerboy
04-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Anyone else know too many politicians?
By the nature of my work, I know most of our local politicians, and our Governor is from here so I know him (he was our District Attorney when I first got here). So I guess the answer is yes.

Anybody ready for lunch?

offwego
04-13-2007, 11:31 AM
By the nature of my work, I know most of our local politicians, and our Governor is from here so I know him (he was our District Attorney when I first got here). So I guess the answer is yes.

Anybody ready for lunch?

Yes please...do you have more then an apple? Unless water counts?

Christine
04-13-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm ready for lunch, but it's only 10:30 my time...gotta wait it out another our or so.
On today's menu...turkey on wheat, grapes, and water. ho hum...
Anyone ever tried the natural cheetos?? YUM!
Maybe I should go get some of those to go with my sandwich.

Nascfan
04-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Lessee, Jenn is in WDW next week, Ken is on vacation.....how will we keep up with all the "renovations" we'll have to do?

Christine, you mean Cheetos aren't usually natural? All this time, I thought I was eating something healthy.

Mickey'sGirl
04-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Well -- I had sushi. I LOVE spice and heat like the next guy -- but MAN! I think I just blacked out -- ok -- I saw stars at the very least! I had spicy tuna rolls, and the :lift:strongest wasabi known to Mankind... WOW!

What'd everyone else do?

Mickey'sGirl
04-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Lessee, Jenn is in WDW next week, Ken is on vacation.....how will we keep up with all the "renovations" we'll have to do?

Actually -- We don't leave until Friday -- so you guys will have to put up with me for most of next week....I will be absent the last week of April. You are only putting up the rest of the fence at my place anyhoo....remember?

offwego
04-13-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm ready for lunch, but it's only 10:30 my time...gotta wait it out another our or so.
On today's menu...turkey on wheat, grapes, and water. ho hum...
Anyone ever tried the natural cheetos?? YUM!
Maybe I should go get some of those to go with my sandwich. How exactly do you get natural cheetos?

Christine, you mean Cheetos aren't usually natural? All this time, I thought I was eating something healthy. for some reason this struck me as very very funny.

What'd everyone else do?
well not sushi...sigh I'm still debating the apple or go get something thing.

drummerboy
04-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Did I say vacation? I really meant to say vocation. Yes, that's it, I'll be so hard at work at my vocation that I'll be off the boards. I'll also have the JQ's chief mode of transportation with me while I'm on my...I mean at my vocation. (Although, come to think of it, the computer room/home office/grandchildren when they come to visit bedroom/junk room could use a do-over.)

drummerboy
04-13-2007, 01:21 PM
well not sushi...sigh I'm still debating the apple or go get something thing.
Hmmm. 'Something thing'. That sounds like something you'd have served on one of those dark-haired dishes, doesn't it?

Mickey'sGirl
04-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Hmmm. 'Something thing'. That sounds like something you'd have served on one of those dark-haired dishes, doesn't it? and the need for

the haze from the smoke-filled room
:D

I don't eat anything I can't ID Nat -- stick with the apple (a something thing can be quite tricky!)

Where's the Jasper today?

offwego
04-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Hmmm. 'Something thing'. That sounds like something you'd have served on one of those dark-haired dishes, doesn't it?

and the need for

I don't eat anything I can't ID Nat -- stick with the apple (a something thing can be quite tricky!)

Where's the Jasper today?

Did Jasper make the flight? Ellen's been missing too.

And Alex has been pretty quiet as well.

Oh well that's ok. So what plans should we make for Ken while he's busy with his vocation. And do we know if Jasper still has the backhoe?

marlyn
04-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Gee, I haven't been in this questions thread for a long time...

Are you guys renovating Mickey'sGirl's house while she is at hanging at Disney with me?

If you are doing renos, would you mind doing a bit of painting at my place?

offwego
04-13-2007, 01:51 PM

Are you guys renovating Mickey'sGirl's house while she is at hanging at Disney with me?

Welcome...did you bring cookies?

Lynne, you may want to take a poke or two at some of the other threads to see what they mean by renovations.

Jenn has me charged with cutting them off at the border.

Alex have you got that fountian fixed yet?

And didn't Christine come home to babies? At least next door?

disneydrmr
04-13-2007, 02:04 PM

Hi Marlyn! We would be more than delighted to demolish.. er, I mean, decorate your home while you are away! Just leave the keys under the mat at the front door! Oh, do you like indoor pools? ;)

Lynne, you may want to take a poke or two at some of the other threads to see what they mean by renovations.

Jenn has me charged with cutting them off at the border.

Hey Nat, what do you mean "what they mean by renovations"?... Our JQ Demo Crew does a FINE job of redoing homes!

(whispering to others) "Hey - is Jaspar done with the underground backhoe work on the tunnel to get us past the Canadian border so Nat doesn't see us?"

offwego
04-13-2007, 02:20 PM
(whispering to others) "Hey - is Jaspar done with the underground backhoe work on the tunnel to get us past the Canadian border so Nat doesn't see us?"

Di...you do know that Windsor has a tunnel? and a Bridge?

And that the land here is so flat you'd see a penny when you dropped never mind Jasper digging a tunnel?

I live in fear of the JQ extreme home makeover..the only thing that may save me is everyone being too busy planning an Oct trip at the end of Sept to come to my place.

drummerboy
04-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Just leave the keys under the mat at the front door!
We're supposed to use keys? I thought that's what the backhoe was for.

Welcome Marlyn.

Nascfan
04-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Di...you do know that Windsor has a tunnel? and a Bridge?

I live in fear of the JQ extreme home makeover..the only thing that may save me is everyone being too busy planning an Oct trip at the end of Sept to come to my place.

Windsor doesn't have either of those anymore after the, umm, backhoe problem.
Don't worry Nat, there's enough of us not going in October that we'll have plenty of time and help to demol....I mean renovate your home too. ;)

Lynne, are you SURE you want us to "improve" your home?

We're supposed to use keys? I thought that's what the backhoe was for.

Me too. Great minds thinking alike?

Christine
04-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Good evening all!

I'm back on Live 365 tonight...DD is getting ready for early bedtime (soccer tournament tomorrow, first game at 7), DH is at a party celebrating his friend being sworn in and appointed as a federal judge, so I am listening to Wishes!

Welcome Lynne! Glad to see you! Normally you have to come bearing cookies, but not you! You just keep that avatar and your JQ initiation is complete as far as I'm concerned!! :tasty:!)

Where has our little Jasper gone?

Christine
04-13-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm going to miss everybody when I take flight next week (still not sure what the internet situation will be).

Where are you going, 1950???:confused:

Dsnygirl
04-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Well -- I had sushi. I LOVE spice and heat like the next guy -- but MAN! I think I just blacked out -- ok -- I saw stars at the very least! I had spicy tuna rolls, and the :lift:strongest wasabi known to Mankind... WOW!

What'd everyone else do?

Haven't been brave enough to try sushi yet, but I'm getting there... I LOVE hot stuff, so maybe?? I heard there are some great places for sushi at WDW??

Had a pretty boring lunch but a good dinner... :pizza: ... pretty easy on a Friday!!

How exactly do you get natural cheetos?

I was thinking the same thing....

(Although, come to think of it, the computer room/home office/grandchildren when they come to visit bedroom/junk room could use a do-over.)

So - what do you want demol... I mean changed? (Pretty scarey w/ this lot on the job... :D )

Welcome Lynne! Glad to see you! Normally you have to come bearing cookies, but not you! You just keep that avatar and your JQ initiation is complete as far as I'm concerned!!

My thoughts EXACTLY!! Love that avatar!!

:funny:

Christine
04-13-2007, 08:08 PM
You want to know what Natural Cheetos are?(taken from the package):

Great Taste, Naturally from Frito-Lay" ... "You want to bring home the best for yourself and your family. That's why your favorite Frito-Lay brands are going natural." ... "These natural Cheetos® brand Cheese Flavored Snacks begin with the fabulous crunch you love. And we've added natural, white cheddar cheese to give you the Dangerously Cheesy® taste that Chester Cheetah® has made famous. From the first mouth-watering bite to the bottom of the bag, you'll know that we have taken extra care to make sure that these Cheetos® brand Snacks meet our high quality standards." ... "There are no preservatives, no added colors, and nothing artificial in these snacks — just huge taste and satisfaction packed inside every bag. Who else could combine all natural ingredients with great taste but Frito-Lay?"

You want to know what else they are? EXPENSIVE!

alpro2
04-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Where did everybody go?

Hi Lynne! Welcome to this looney thread.

Where's Maria been?

Riri529
04-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Hi Lynne--Welcome! How do you take your coffee?

Alex,
Glad to see that you've missed me.

Dsnygirl
04-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Where did everybody go?

Still here, off & on... for the rest of the night!! Up again @ work... pretty busy tonight, lots of babies wanting to make their entrance.

Anyone going to be up late??

Christine
04-13-2007, 09:37 PM
I was wondering if this thing was on! I've been getting lonely. DD is asleep, DH is out for the evening. :cry:

Blythe, why are there that many babies wanting to be born on Friday the 13th?? Weird!

I won't be up too late...have to be at the Toyota dealership at 6:30 am (there's a recall on DH's Tundra) and then the soccer fields by 7am. Somewhere inbetween there better be time for a Starbuck's stop!

Christine
04-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Still here, off & on... for the rest of the night!! Up again @ work... pretty busy tonight, lots of babies wanting to make their entrance.

Can't you just give those women a leather strap to bite on and get back on INTERCOT??? :rolleyes:

Dsnygirl
04-13-2007, 09:49 PM
I was wondering if this thing was on! Blythe, why are there that many babies wanting to be born on Friday the 13th?? Weird!

I won't be up too late...have to be at the Toyota dealership at 6:30 am (there's a recall on DH's Tundra) and then the soccer fields by 7am. Somewhere inbetween there better be time for a Starbuck's stop!

Must be something in the air... actually, it's probably b/c we're getting so much rain, and a Nor'easter is on it's way - when the barometer drops, out come the babies!! :baby:

Make sure you pratice before you get to Starbucks... at that hour of the morning, you might forget everything they taught us earlier, and end up with a bad cup of tea!! :blush:

How was your weather today? Everything still in one piece??

Dsnygirl
04-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Can't you just give those women a leather strap to bite on and get back on INTERCOT??? :rolleyes:

:goodbad: Hmmm... now there's an idea!! Don't they know I have to try to keep up with you guys??

Where is everybody else tonight? Are you already on your way to demolish Ken's computer/office/grandkid's bedroom/junk room???:D

Christine
04-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Make sure you pratice before you get to Starbucks... at that hour of the morning, you might forget everything they taught us earlier, and end up with a bad cup of tea!! :blush:

:laughing: you think I should make some cheat sheets?

How was your weather today? Everything still in one piece??

it rained. Not that I am disappointed, but I am really tired of meteorologists acting like the end of the world is coming b/c there are blobs of green and orange on the radar!!

They keep breaking into tv saying we're fixing to get it from both barrels later tonight...we'll see~

Dsnygirl
04-13-2007, 11:09 PM
it rained. Not that I am disappointed, but I am really tired of meteorologists acting like the end of the world is coming b/c there are blobs of green and orange on the radar!!

They keep breaking into tv saying we're fixing to get it from both barrels later tonight...we'll see~

We're supposed to get whammed this Sunday with snow - yup, April 15!! :( ... poor flowers!! All my daffodils and tulips are poking their little heads up (actually, they're almost ready to bloom, poor things!!) and now they're going to get buried. Not sure if that will do them in, or not... I hope not!!

Our meteorologists are doing the same thing... predicting that the world is about to end if the snow flies... but then, they can't really tell if it will - depends on the "ebb & flow of the winds, the direction of the circular whatever..." So, really - I have no idea - I guess if the white flakes hit, I'll know then!! Boy, I sure hope whatever they're talking about figures itself out and goes north!! (Sorry, Jenn!!:blush:... I meant East! Or West... anywhere but here...)

anyone else getting snow?? (How ridiculous is that question this time of year... :angry: )

Beast_fanatic
04-13-2007, 11:20 PM
That was my lame parody of old movies in an attempt to say I like plain coffee with sugar. Don't we have some 'Casablanca' fans here?

Yes Ken, I understood your parody - I was just joshing you (seeing that I really don't have any idea of what type of book you wrote).

As far as Casablanca, I've never seen it all the way through! :eek:

The IRS dropped my tax $$ into my account overnight, so I'm just sitting back and feeling rich... hey, a woman can dream, right? :blush: Now, where'd those bills go?? :spend:

Well, the IRS didn't drop anything in my account, but I dropped a check in the mail today made out to them. :blush:

I definitely don't want to go to Oz (Jenn- you may want to sit down for this) because I wouldn't have any idea where I was as I have never seen that movie either!

Now, I find that shocking! How can you have avoided that your entire life? And why? I always looked forward to seeing it each year (back when they only showed it once a year on TV and before you could actually own a copy of your own).

Rhonda is sitting at home with a raw steak on her face

Do you really think I would waste a good steak like that? Some bruises are beginning to show a little on my face now though. I knew it would happen today since I have to go to a baby shower tomorrow and I'll have to tell a whole new group of people of my embarassing moment.

Well, when they came through Ft. Worth and Dallas, they were very nasty storms. :nono: There's a bunch of damage, some injuries and I think at least one fatality. :(

Good luck!

marlyn
04-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone!! :D

Welcome...did you bring cookies?

Was I supposed to bring cookies? I don't have any. Will chocolate eggs do?

Oh Dear...what did I walk into with the renos?

Hi Marlyn! We would be more than delighted to demolish.. er, I mean, decorate your home while you are away! Just leave the keys under the mat at the front door! Oh, do you like indoor pools? ;)

Ummm, I would have left you the keys but I am going to be moving before I leave for Disney. Yeah, that's is...moving. :blush: You won't mind just skipping over my home renos would you?

Lynne, are you SURE you want us to "improve" your home?

Am I allowed to change my mind?

Welcome Lynne! Glad to see you! Normally you have to come bearing cookies, but not you! You just keep that avatar and your JQ initiation is complete as far as I'm concerned!! :tasty:!)

No problem...this avatar is staying forever! Isn't it lovely? I like to post often just so I can see it. Does that make me obsessed?

drummerboy
04-13-2007, 11:44 PM
Well, I was trying to keep the time machine a secret, thank-you-very-much. I was going to go back to 1950 and see how cute I was as a newborn.

So - what do you want demol... I mean changed? (Pretty scarey w/ this lot on the job... :D )
I'm not sure the 'JQ Renew Crew' could make it look much worse.

when the barometer drops, out come the babies!! /QUOTE]
So that's why we get so many baies named after hurricanes down here!

[QUOTE=Dsnygirl;1256533] Where is everybody else tonight? Are you already on your way to demolish Ken's computer/office/grandkid's bedroom/junk room???:D
Could you at least wait until I'm gone? I plan to sleep in tomorrow and I'd hate to be awakened by a noisy backhoe at 0-dark-thirty.

Yes Ken, I understood your parody - I was just joshing you (seeing that I really don't have any idea of what type of book you wrote).

[Pulling Rhonda to the side] (Don't tell anyone, but I haven't seen it all the way through either. Well, I've seen the end but not the beginning.)
Mine's a suspense novel. I'm thinking of doing one on creative home redecorating. Know where I can get any ideas? :thedolls:

Dsnygirl
04-14-2007, 12:28 AM

Okay - I confess... I've never seen any part but the clips... but I own it!! Does that count?? We keep saying we're going to watch it... but staying awake for that long after the girls are in bed... not too easy!! :blush: (I know, I know, I'm up all night other nights - but put me on the cozy couch with a glass of wine and a good movie?? Not as easy... )

Was I supposed to bring cookies? I don't have any. Will chocolate eggs do?
No problem...this avatar is staying forever! Isn't it lovely? I like to post often just so I can see it. Does that make me obsessed?

As for the chocolate eggs, as far as I'm concerned they'll do just fine!! Don't want to speak for the cookie crew, though... ;)

And as for your avatar... please - post as often as you like... gives me something to look forward to every time!! [sigh] boy, that's a great picture... want to send me a hard copy?? :D

So that's why we get so many baies named after hurricanes down here!

Could you at least wait until I'm gone? I plan to sleep in tomorrow and I'd hate to be awakened by a noisy backhoe at 0-dark-thirty.

Absolutely!! and I'm told that whenever we breach the atmosphere with the space shuttle, babies arrive as well - haven't noticed it, myself - maybe that accounts for the :alien: :alien: around everywhere??

And maybe if you didn't stay up so late working on your new book, you'd be ready for everyone tomorrow!! :write: (Or are you just boarding up the doors & windows?? :thedolls: )

drummerboy
04-14-2007, 12:34 AM
And maybe if you didn't stay up so late working on your new book, you'd be ready for everyone tomorrow!! :write: (Or are you just boarding up the doors & windows?? :thedolls: )
[saw saw, slam slam, bang bang, whew] I'm sorry, were you asking me something?

drummerboy
04-14-2007, 12:45 AM
Okay Blythe, I'll have to leave it to you and the babies. I'd say Mikki should be along soon, but she's gone to London. Think you can hold the fort? I think the pressure's supposed to stay high isn't it?

marlyn
04-14-2007, 12:53 AM
Alright, if I was supposed to bring cookies...will these (http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?snack_code=3318) do?

Dsnygirl
04-14-2007, 12:54 AM
Okay Blythe, I'll have to leave it to you and the babies. I'd say Mikki should be along soon, but she's gone to London. Think you can hold the fort? I think the pressure's supposed to stay high isn't it?

Ken, Ken - don't leave me!! I'm not sure I can man this flight overnight by myself!! [Motioning to shadows in your backyard] No, that's not anything - really!! Do you think you missed a spot over the front door?? :D

I do believe, actually, that the barometer is dropping... NEVER a good sign... but as I'm not back here 'til Tuesday, if I can make it until 7am, it's all good!! ;)

Have a good sleep... ignore those sounds you hear... you didn't put the hammer away, did you??? :plot:

Dsnygirl
04-14-2007, 12:56 AM
Alright, if I was supposed to bring cookies...will these (http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?snack_code=3318) do?

SWEEET!! where did you find those??? If only the owner of the cannon could come, too... ;)

marlyn
04-14-2007, 01:27 AM
SWEEET!! where did you find those???

You can google just about anything! LOL

If only the owner of the cannon could come, too... ;)

Oh, I know what you mean. I am so excited to get to MK next week and see the Capt Jack tutorial and to ride POTC now the Jack is added. I know it isn't the real Capt Jack...but an appropriate substitute would do. Do they let people get their pictures with him?

Just a quick note to you all. I hereby take back my comments regarding painting my home in my absence. I read back a bit. Wow, you all have good imaginations don't you?

Dsnygirl
04-14-2007, 07:03 AM
Good morning, all you sleepyheads!! I made it through without you all, but believe me, it was NOT easy!! Looking @ Lynne's avatar helped, though... :D

Hope you all have a great day - Ken, enjoy your vacation, and look forward to your new office!! (Alex, better hide the backhoe...)

What's everybody doing today while I sleep?? :D

alpro2
04-14-2007, 07:19 AM
And as for your avatar... please - post as often as you like... gives me something to look forward to every time!! [sigh] boy, that's a great picture... want to send me a hard copy?? :D
(Lynne) Why do you have a picture of Frankie as your avatar?

drummerboy
04-14-2007, 08:42 AM
(Yaaaaaawn) Good morning all. Does anybody know why I keep hearing diesel noises in my back yard? Think DW's goldfish are up to something?

Why does Lynne have a picture of my step-grandson as an avatar?

marlyn
04-14-2007, 01:17 PM

Does anyone have Frankie's phone number? ;)

Christine
04-14-2007, 03:02 PM

Lynne, I knew I liked you!

Oh, I know what you mean. I am so excited to get to MK next week and see the Capt Jack tutorial and to ride POTC now the Jack is added. I know it isn't the real Capt Jack...but an appropriate substitute would do. Do they let people get their pictures with him?

Sadly, no. He doesn't do meet and greets or pose for photos :( DH happened to grab this one when Capt. Jack came to get my DD out of the crowd to play...I was drooling like a rabid dog! He is a dead ringer for the real thing!)
http://family.webshots.com/photo/2815247310085605958LKDSLL

Isn't it 867-5309?

Dsnygirl
04-14-2007, 03:16 PM
Why does Lynne have a picture of my step-grandson as an avatar?

Can I come visit while you're away?? :D

Isn't it 867-5309?

:secret: I knew I recognized that number!!

Christine - how were the storms?? I guess they're headed my way now... can't believe we're supposed to get 6-12 INCHES of snow!! :fit:

How is everyone today? Quiet around here - I expected to have to settle in w/ my cup of coffee and try to catch up! What's everyone been doing? Anyone heard from Ellen??

marlyn
04-14-2007, 03:45 PM
Lynne, I knew I liked you! Sadly, no. He doesn't do meet and greets or pose for photos :( DH happened to grab this one when Capt. Jack came to get my DD out of the crowd to play...I was drooling like a rabid dog! He is a dead ringer for the real thing!)
http://family.webshots.com/photo/2815247310085605958LKDSLL

Any fan of Depp is a friend of mine :D Thanks for that pic. He really is a dead ringer isn't he? I most likely will faint or embarrass myself somehow. Would it get me kicked out if I was to handcuff him to me?

Isn't it 867-5309?

I tried that...there was a message that said. "Hi, you have reached Jenny...." Are you sure that is Frankie's number?

Can I come visit while you're away?? :D

Take me with you...we can share. ;)

Dsnygirl
04-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Any fan of Depp is a friend of mine :D Thanks for that pic. He really is a dead ringer isn't he? I most likely will faint or embarrass myself somehow. Would it get me kicked out if I was to handcuff him to me?

Take me with you...we can share. ;)

Sure hope that "Jack" is there this fall....

Lynne, I've got the car running... (shhh -don't tell my DH :D ) Why don't you just swing on down on your way to Vancouver??

marlyn
04-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Sure hope that "Jack" is there this fall....

If my kidnapping plan goes well...he won't be ;)

Why don't you just swing on down on your way to Vancouver??

Sure....upstate New York is right on my way! Be right there. Do I need to pack mittens??

Dsnygirl
04-14-2007, 04:12 PM
If my kidnapping plan goes well...he won't be ;)

Sure....upstate New York is right on my way! Be right there. Do I need to pack mittens??

Where will you be keeping him?? (Just out of curiosity, of course... :D )

Yup - better bring the winter coats and boots, too - looks like it's going to get nasty around here. :freeze:

alpro2
04-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Are you two finished yet? ;)

Dsnygirl
04-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Are you two finished yet? ;)

Haven't even started... :D

Watcha been doing, Alex?

alpro2
04-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Finally managed to get a Little League game in today. It finished in a 2 - 2 tie. Do you think we will be able to play tomorrow in the NorEaster?

Dsnygirl
04-14-2007, 04:23 PM
If everyone's got their long johns and thermals... sounds crazy, doesn't it??

Hanging out on the phone w/ Disney Dining as I type right now - how exciting is that?? :joy: (Not easy to type holding a phone in your ear...:blush: )

marlyn
04-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Finally managed to get a Little League game in today. It finished in a 2 - 2 tie. Do you think we will be able to play tomorrow in the NorEaster?

How do you folks handle winter?? I couldn't do it. Is it possible to be allergic to snow??

Where will you be keeping him?? (Just out of curiosity, of course... :D )

Nice try! :secret:

Dsnygirl
04-14-2007, 04:34 PM
How do you folks handle winter?? I couldn't do it. Is it possible to be allergic to snow??

Nice try! :secret:

Okay - confession time - had to get out the map to try to figure out exactly where you are. Don't you guys get snow???

I guess you get used to it around here - I grew up with it - but I have to admit, it's getting harder as of late, and the idea of a little bit warmer climate is becoming more appealing. That and my DH's love of golf may move us southward at some point. (And can you say "within a car ride of Disney"?? Not that I'd care at all... :D )

Now, back to the matter at hand - how are you going to get those handcuffs through customs?? And what's your travel route home?? :plot:

marlyn
04-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Okay - confession time - had to get out the map to try to figure out exactly where you are. Don't you guys get snow???

Warmed by Pacific Ocean currents and protected by a range of mountains, Vancouver (http://www.tourismvancouver.com/visitors/) enjoys mild temperatures year-round. From high 70's Fahrenheit in summer to a mild mid 40's Fahrenheit in winter, the climate is always hospitable. Our winters are wet, but it rarely snows, except on our local ski hills.

Now, back to the matter at hand - how are you going to get those handcuffs through customs?? And what's your travel route home?? :plot:

Oh Dear, I didn't factor in customs. What was I thinking?? As for my route home...we are sailing through Panama Canal on the Black Pearl.

Dsnygirl
04-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Warmed by Pacific Ocean currents and protected by a range of mountains, Vancouver (http://www.tourismvancouver.com/visitors/) enjoys mild temperatures year-round. From high 70's Fahrenheit in summer to a mild mid 40's Fahrenheit in winter, the climate is always hospitable. Our winters are wet, but it rarely snows, except on our local ski hills.

Oh Dear, I didn't factor in customs. What was I thinking?? As for my route home...we are sailing through Panama Canal on the Black Pearl.

Wow!! You ought to work for the tourism bureau... sounds wonderful. I hate hot summers and cold winters... you've certainly got the right temps!!

Got any room on board for a land-lubber?? :sail:

Christine - where are you?? You need to come back and help me - I can't get that song out of my mind!! :help: (What song, you ask?? Let me refresh your memory - "867-5309" Let me repeat - "867-5309"... and again "867-5309"...):crazy:

How were your daughter's soccer games today?? :soccer: I used to play - still is my favorite. How'd she do? Is your weather better?

(I think I'm getting better at this question thing...:blush: )

alpro2
04-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Ok, so what is a Canuck anyway?

marlyn
04-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Ok, so what is a Canuck anyway?

"Canuck" is a slang term for Canadians.

Regarding soccer...my boys played today. Won 4-2 with both of my boys getting a goal. Don't you just love watching your kids play sports? We are heavy into hockey here. Both my boys play competetive Rep hockey and we start in mid August and play until end of March. In off season they run Track and play soccer. It is a nice break from Hockey.

What sports do your kids play?

I also have that song going round and round my head...867-5309.....aaaaahhh Can you make it stop?

trackbarroness
04-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Gee you miss a day you miss a lot. So why are there ducks all over the place in here? :cool:

Christine
04-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Christine - where are you?? You need to come back and help me - I can't get that song out of my mind!! :help: (What song, you ask?? Let me refresh your memory - "867-5309" Let me repeat - "867-5309"... and again "867-5309"...):crazy:

How were your daughter's soccer games today?? :soccer: I used to play - still is my favorite. How'd she do? Is your weather better?

I also have that song going round and round my head...867-5309.....aaaaahhh Can you make it stop?

I'm back! DD's :soccer: games went well...first game, tied at 1-1, second game won 4-0, third game tied 2-2. It was FREAKING FREEZING out there! 45 degrees with 25 mph winds!

It never stormed here last night, but it rained. Rained this morning, though they didn't call the games b/c there was no lightning (we'll all have sick kids now, thank you very much!)

Still need help getting "Jenny's number" out of you mind? Here I'll help...

"It's a world of laughter a world of tears
It's a world of hopes and a world of fears
There's so much that we share
that it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all!"

Better???

marlyn
04-14-2007, 09:08 PM

Better???

Now why'd you have to go and do that? :thedolls:

Beast_fanatic
04-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Who is freezing? Tomorrow it's supposed to be back into the lower 70's, but today was cold and windy.

I went to my niece's baby shower today and won one of the games and got a nice candle.

Dsnygirl
04-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Regarding soccer...my boys played today. Won 4-2 with both of my boys getting a goal. Don't you just love watching your kids play sports? We are heavy into hockey here. Both my boys play competetive Rep hockey and we start in mid August and play until end of March. In off season they run Track and play soccer. It is a nice break from Hockey.

What sports do your kids play?

My girls don't play sports yet - they're 5 & 8 and really into ballet and starting out in horseback riding. But I'm hoping soccer is in their future soon... I'd love to play w/ them! My DH plays hockey and loves it - he even coached PeeWee when we were first married. And his sister is a competitive precision team skater, so I have to believe that skating is in at least one girl's future! Actually, my 5 yr old shows a natural ability on the ice, so we may start her w/ lessons this fall - she loves to skate.

I'm back! DD's :soccer: games went well...first game, tied at 1-1, second game won 4-0, third game tied 2-2. It was FREAKING FREEZING out there! 45 degrees with 25 mph winds!

Still need help getting "Jenny's number" out of you mind? Here I'll help...

Better???

:stop: :fit: :nono: I cannot believe you did that to us... (actually, I can - I almost suggested it earlier, but figured I'd end up :medic: ) Thanks a bunch!! :D Can I call you later when I'm still up singing away to myself??:sheep:

Dsnygirl
04-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Who is freezing? Tomorrow it's supposed to be back into the lower 70's, but today was cold and windy.

I went to my niece's baby shower today and won one of the games and got a nice candle.

:fresh: Wish I had your weather... can you send me your candle and I'll use it to keep warm up here??

marlyn
04-15-2007, 01:44 AM
my 5 yr old shows a natural ability on the ice, so we may start her w/ lessons this fall - she loves to skate.

Yes...start her now. I was a figure skater so my boys took to skating young. They started in figure skating classes but switched to hockey at age 6. There has been no turning back since! Hockey is synonomous with Canada it seems.

Can I call you later when I'm still up singing away to myself??:sheep:

Feel free to call me. I will be awake singing all night too. Maybe we could harmonize??

Sounds lovely. Today was warm and sunny here. Kids played all day on beach. :cool:

Dsnygirl
04-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Good morning all.... how is everyone this morning?? Got some snow outside to share, if anyone would like any....:(

Couldn't sleep last night - had these songs running through my head, something to do with it being a small world but if you called 867-5309... :D Just waiting for the coffee to kick in this morning....

Feel free to call me. I will be awake singing all night too. Maybe we could harmonize??

So, Lynne, did you fare any better than I did?

Today was warm and sunny here. Kids played all day on beach. :cool:

Sending you what I sent Rhonda... :fresh: ... maybe we should move to BC instead of NC someday. :) My DH would get more ice time... :puck:

So - anyone doing anything fun today? Wonder where Ken is in his adventures... anyone heading his way to start the rennovations?? :thedolls:

dlpmikki
04-15-2007, 10:53 AM
I'm back! Did any of you miss me? From the number of threads I would think you were much to busy! Anyway, here (http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/detail?.dir=/e322re2&.dnm=5f0dre2.jpg) is a picture of us in our glad rags on Friday night.

It is a mini heat wave over here, somewhere in the 80s. I suspect we will be sipping cold drinks on the decking by the river before too long :beer:

Riri529
04-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Christine, you have my sympathy re: standing at the soccer field in the rain. We were at the baseball field until 7:30 last night--it is clearly not baseball weather, my feet were numb!:freeze:

Is anyone else counting the days until May?

Mikki,
Great picture. I hope you had fun.

Christine
04-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Mikki, you guys look so elegant! How was your evening??

Maria, I hope you are thawed out from your ballgames now as well! UGH!

Rhonda, I hope we DO get up in the 70's today...when we left for church at 8:15am it was still freezing out this morning! But the sun is up, so there's hope...I think we're at 55 now.

What are everyone's plans today?

DH is going to do some senior pictures (he is starting to do some photography work on the side...he is doing a wedding in May!!) then set up some people's computer (he also does computer work on the side.)

DD and I haven't decided what we'll do today. Besides :laundry: that is!

Lynne and Blythe, I am sorry I got those songs stuck in your head. The last thing I would want to do is torment you with lyrics and tunes that invade your mind constantly.

(singing quietly)
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
My, oh my what a wonderful day!
Plenty of sunshine heading my way

Mister Bluebird on my shoulder
It's the truth, it's actch'll
Ev'rything is satisfactch'll
Wonderful feeling, wonderful day!

Bwahaahaahaa!:thedolls: :plot:

Dsnygirl
04-15-2007, 12:53 PM
I'm back! Did any of you miss me? From the number of threads I would think you were much to busy! Anyway, here (http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/detail?.dir=/e322re2&.dnm=5f0dre2.jpg) is a picture of us in our glad rags on Friday night.

It is a mini heat wave over here, somewhere in the 80s. I suspect we will be sipping cold drinks on the decking by the river before too long :beer:

Of course we missed you - esp. me!! I was by myself all night Friday night while you were having drinks and meeting important people in London!! Great picture, by the way - hope you had fun!!

Lynne and Blythe, I am sorry I got those songs stuck in your head. The last thing I would want to do is torment you with lyrics and tunes that invade your mind constantly.

Bwahaahaahaa!:thedolls: :plot:

Not funny... I was still singing them this morning... :trio:

Only as fast as I can... why does it seem SO far away, and it's really just two weeks?? Oh... maybe it's because it looks like Christmas outside... :crying:

We're just spending the day doing stuff around the house - I need to start packing, as we move in about 5 weeks. Not too motivated - anyone want to come fill boxes for me???

Christine
04-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Where did Ellen go off to???

alpro2
04-15-2007, 03:35 PM

Remember when we were counting the days until April?

Great picture Mikki! You guys look great! :thumbsup:

Riri529
04-15-2007, 04:48 PM

Ok, so where do I begin?
Laundry:laundry:
Cleaning bathrooms:mop:

The dreaded Friday Folder of unfinished schoolwork:write:

Making gravy:stir:

and
Baking cookies--anyone want some?

:whew:

Dsnygirl
04-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Ok, so where do I begin?
Laundry:laundry:
Cleaning bathrooms:mop:

The dreaded Friday Folder of unfinished schoolwork:write:

Making gravy:stir:

and
Baking cookies--anyone want some?

:whew:

Boy! Your day sounds a lot like mine, just substitute the :mop: for packing and cleaning up the basement!! Oh - and no cookies today, so if you're sharing, I'm in!

What kind are you making? (I'll provide the :marg: to go with them... sounds like we deserve one... or two... :D )

marlyn
04-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Got some snow outside to share, if anyone would like any....:(

No, you can keep your snow, thank you very much. Would you like me to tell you that my kids are out front on the beach right now building a fort wearing shorts and t-shirts??

Couldn't sleep last night - had these songs running through my head. So, Lynne, did you fare any better than I did?

Slept like a baby, but had weird dreams. It seemed there were these dolls everywhere, carrying phones and dialing some girl named Jenny...:thedolls:

Anyway, here (http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/detail?.dir=/e322re2&.dnm=5f0dre2.jpg) is a picture of us in our glad rags on Friday night.

You look gorgeous!! :)

(singing quietly)

You have a mean streak don't you??

As for what I am up to today:

:cart: :dishes: :laundry: :iron: And I am also packing since I leave for WDW in 5 days!!! Yes, I said 5!! :trio:

Dsnygirl
04-15-2007, 05:35 PM
No, you can keep your snow, thank you very much. Would you like me to tell you that my kids are out front on the beach right now building a fort wearing shorts and t-shirts??

... and you think Christine has a mean streak??? :sob:

Slept like a baby, but had weird dreams. It seemed there were these dolls everywhere, carrying phones and dialing some girl named Jenny...:thedolls:

And I am also packing since I leave for WDW in 5 days!!! Yes, I said 5!! :trio:

...ditto what I said above about that mean streak... :razz:

Mickey'sGirl
04-15-2007, 05:40 PM
! DD's :soccer: games went well...first game, tied at 1-1, second game won 4-0, third game tied 2-2.

Still need help getting "Jenny's number" out of you mind? Here I'll help...Good for DD Christine!!!
Did I ever tell you how much I HATE that song?!!??!!!

Yes...start her now. I was a figure skater so my boys took to skating young. They started in figure skating classes but switched to hockey at age 6. There has been no turning back since! Hockey is synonomous with Canada it seems. That's right -- Get her skating! Euan just started his lessons a couple of weeks ago (we had to wait until he turned 3) -- He likes rolling across the ice :D

Anyway, here (http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/detail?.dir=/e322re2&.dnm=5f0dre2.jpg) is a picture of us in our glad rags on Friday night. You guys look terrific Mikki!! What a wonderful photo (I call these types "framers") Thanks for sharing!

Noooooooooo :nono: Maria! My holiday is over on April29th -- so I am DEFINITELY NOT counting the days until May!!

(singing quietly)

Mister Bluebird on my shoulder
It's the truth, it's actch'll
Ev'rything is satisfactch'll
Wonderful feeling, wonderful day!

Bwahaahaahaa!:thedolls: :plot: Terrific Christine! I don't mind having this one in my head at all! Do you take requests? :sing:

Slept like a baby, but had weird dreams. It seemed there were these dolls everywhere, carrying phones and dialing some girl named Jenny...
And I am also packing since I leave for WDW in 5 days!!! Yes, I said 5!! :trio:Stop with that horrible Jenny song!!! I am begging!!! And I'll see you in a few days sister! We are finalizing stuff around here too!

marlyn
04-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Sorry Blythe :D

It is so hard to stay away from here. I am busy doing things and keep popping back in. Did you read about part of monorail being damaged and Orlando on tornado watch? Has orlando ever been hit by a tornado before??

OK...back to packing for my trip. Zip a dee do da....:mickey:

marlyn
04-15-2007, 05:48 PM
I'll see you in a few days sister! We are finalizing stuff around here too!

Yay!! I can't wait! Would you care to pop on over here and help me pack?? I keep getting distracted.
:marg:

alpro2
04-15-2007, 06:21 PM
I am sitting here in my home office, with the TV on. VH1 is on. The program "100 Greatest Songs of the 80's" is on. Do you know what song they just playes????

867-5309 (867-5309) (867-5309). :thedolls:

Dsnygirl
04-15-2007, 07:01 PM
I am sitting here in my home office, with the TV on. VH1 is on. The program "100 Greatest Songs of the 80's" is on. Do you know what song they just playes????

867-5309 (867-5309) (867-5309). :thedolls:

Oh, you are SOOOO not funny.... :giveup:

Anyone have any aspirin???

ElenitaB
04-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Welcome, Lynne! Glad to have you aboard (so to speak)

Looking @ Lynne's avatar helped, though... :D
I've spent many a moment doing just that...

Since you typed these words, you have since reconsidered. However, we do have a special on Pirate Wench decor. Interested?

Ugh... not so much!

Hanging out on the phone w/ Disney Dining as I type right now - how exciting is that?? :joy: (Not easy to type holding a phone in your ear...:blush: )
I was doing that earlier today too... I was cancelling all our May dining reservations :( but then I made some October reservations! :D Who's arriving on Thursday? And who would like to get together for dinner (at a DTD or resort restaurant) and then maybe head over to the Adventurer's Club?

You and Andrew look quite nice! You clean up well! :thumbsup: (Love the dress. Brown is my new black.)

Does counting the days until May 25th count?

Where did Ellen go off to???
Moping in a corner. :( I see a new doctor tomorrow about my next procedure. Sigh... And then I'll need another... maybe they can coordinate and do both while I'm under (hopefully I'll be under... I don't like being aware of "stuff").

Did you read about part of monorail being damaged and Orlando on tornado watch? Has orlando ever been hit by a tornado before??
I've been there for a tornado watch... but the actual tornado happened in Indian River. Jeanne and her family were there today. Hope everyone is okay.

Anyone have any aspirin???
Sure... I have a whole vial of baby aspirin I'm not allowed to take until my procedures are done.

Sorry, JQ men... some of us may be distracted for a while until Lynne goes away to WDW. :cloud9:

Now, Jenn and Lynne... go pack!

alpro2
04-15-2007, 08:28 PM
I was doing that earlier today too... I was cancelling all our May dining reservations :( but then I made some October reservations! :D Who's arriving on Thursday? And who would like to get together for dinner (at a DTD or resort restaurant) and then maybe head over to the Adventurer's Club?

I'm in. :thumbsup: Who else?

Originally Posted by ElenitaB
Sorry, JQ men... some of us may be distracted for a while until Lynne goes away to WDW. :cloud9:

What about my legs? I mean Edge's legs? Or how about Frankie's legs? ;)

Dsnygirl
04-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi Ellen!! Welcome back! We missed you!!

Who's arriving on Thursday? And who would like to get together for dinner (at a DTD or resort restaurant) and then maybe head over to the Adventurer's Club?

My DH and I are arriving Thursday and were planning on doing the AC... so we're in!

I'm in. :thumbsup: Who else?

Now you know we love your avatar!! Just make sure you wear those jeans to the AC so we'll know it's you!!

Anyone else settling in for the night?? Boy, it's been hard to get off here today... just keep popping back on to see what's new!! Wish I had some packing to do...;)

Jenn, Lynne - how's it going?? We're all going to live vicariously through you guys...

trackbarroness
04-15-2007, 08:51 PM
How was everyone day today?
It was diffently windy here today. So who ordered up a side of wind with no main course to go with it?

marlyn
04-15-2007, 09:14 PM
Jenn, Lynne - how's it going?? We're all going to live vicariously through you guys...

Packing is going well. It is so hard to pack for a 15 night trip. I want to pack enough so I only do laundry once, but don't want to overpack. I have a little room left in suitcases. Any of you want to go??

Welcome, Lynne! Glad to have you aboard (so to speak) we do have a special on Pirate Wench decor. Interested?

Thanks for the welcome. This is a nice thread! Pirate wench huh?? Hmmm, you know, I may just like that. Can you paint capt Jack on my bedroom wall?

Moping in a corner. :( I see a new doctor tomorrow about my next procedure. Sigh... And then I'll need another... maybe they can coordinate and do both while I'm under (hopefully I'll be under... I don't like being aware of "stuff").

:pixie: to you for your procedure. Hugs too :)

Jeanne and her family were there today. Hope everyone is okay.

I hope so too. Jeanne and I have a BB date :D

I have Capt jack hanging here in computer room. He is distracting, but in a good way! ;)

pjbs35a
04-15-2007, 09:54 PM
How could you guys move while I am trying to make my way back from Charlotte, NC ???

Wow, smoothest landing yet. As always, if your luggage has not arrived with you, please submit the proper forms to Frankie.

Could you guys fax the forms this time ???

As usual, all questions about lost luggage should be reported to Frankie. Any other questions or complaints about DDA should be directed to this little round file receptacle right here beside my desk.

Will all questions be mailed in on every other Tuessatday ???

Anyone seen my luggage?? I'll call Frankie... first flight and all, must've overpacked...:blush:

How did I get appointed for all these excellent jobs ???

So that's first base I presume ??? That was the last position I played in the big leagues.

And I have to do two different British accents. The rest is a piece of cake, just act like Frankie.

How can anyone act like me ???

Let's see, was it Frankie in the Wizard of Odds? Frankie in The Spy Who Came in From the Hold (a seafaring play)? Or was it Frankie playing me in The Old Man and the Brie (a cheesy play, if I may say so)? I'm so confused. Glad I'm going on vacation.

None of those. Don't you know I don't use my real name or face in the movies ???

Doesn't everyone ???

1-800-legsspy or 1-800-answereman or 1-800-pjbs35a or 1-800-crawdaddy. But don't dial any of these numbers. The call will be traced back to the originator and you will receive a visit from a guy that you don't want to meet. Just one of the benefits of being a double secret agent. Who wants donuts ???

Dsnygirl
04-15-2007, 10:18 PM
Moping in a corner. I see a new doctor tomorrow about my next procedure. Sigh... And then I'll need another... maybe they can coordinate and do both while I'm under (hopefully I'll be under... I don't like being aware of "stuff").

:pixie: and a :hug: being sent your way for tomorrow - when do you find out about your next surgery?? We're in your corner - be sure to let us know when!! :fingers: for you....

It was diffently windy here today. So who ordered up a side of wind with no main course to go with it?

I've got the main course, but I don't think you want any...:snowball:

Packing is going well. It is so hard to pack for a 15 night trip. I want to pack enough so I only do laundry once, but don't want to overpack. I have a little room left in suitcases. Any of you want to go??

Absolutely!! I'm on my way... want me to bring my handcuffs?? :D (Did I really just say that??? :blush: )

How did I get appointed for all these excellent jobs ???

Isn't it because you're so good at them?? Feigning incompetence has a lot going for it, or so I've heard!! :D

Just got done watching some of POTC #1, now heading off to bed... anyone want to finish our bottle of wine??

(Might go nicely w/ Frankie's donuts... :) )

pjbs35a
04-15-2007, 10:29 PM
Donuts and wine ??? Did I just have a college flashback ???

Beast_fanatic
04-15-2007, 10:31 PM
Who's arriving on Thursday? And who would like to get together for dinner (at a DTD or resort restaurant) and then maybe head over to the Adventurer's Club?

I'll be there on Thursday, and I haven't made any dinner ressies yet, so that sounds like fun. Where do you have in mind for dinner?

Lots of :pixie: and :hug: on the way! Let us know how things go tomorrow and what you find out!

marlyn
04-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Absolutely!! I'm on my way... want me to bring my handcuffs?? :D (Did I really just say that??? :blush: )

Yes, you did just say that, and yes please bring them. If my "Kidnap Jack" plan is to go as planned I will need all the help I can get. You won't mind sailing back on the Pearl with us would you? We need a companion for the crew ;)

anyone want to finish our bottle of wine??

I was drinking some of my own, but if you don't want it...

1-800-legsspy or 1-800-answereman or 1-800-pjbs35a or 1-800-crawdaddy. But don't dial any of these numbers. The call will be traced back to the originator and you will receive a visit from a guy that you don't want to meet. Just one of the benefits of being a double secret agent. Who wants donuts ???

OK, I won't phone then...but would you mind bringing me a donut? Feel free to wear your Capt Jack suit.

alpro2
04-16-2007, 06:14 AM
So who is swimming in their front yard? This storm is unbelievable.

Good luck today Ellen.

Originally Posted by marlyn
Feel free to wear your Capt Jack suit.
Can I wear my Frankie suit? :spy:

Mickey'sGirl
04-16-2007, 08:34 AM
867-5309 (867-5309) (867-5309). :thedolls: :nono:

I was doing that earlier today too... I was cancelling all our May dining reservations :( but then I made some October reservations! :D Who's arriving on Thursday? And who would like to get together for dinner (at a DTD or resort restaurant) and then maybe head over to the Adventurer's Club? I'm sorry about your May cancellations Ellen....We are taking the boys to 1900 Park Fare that night (Harry's request), but we would love to join you after at the AC -- I've ALWAYS wanted to go!

Moping in a corner. :( I see a new doctor tomorrow about my next procedure. Sigh... And then I'll need another... maybe they can coordinate and do both while I'm under (hopefully I'll be under... I don't like being aware of "stuff"). :pixie: for success Ellen.
Now, Jenn and Lynne... go pack!
I've actually been purchasing, washing and collecting clothing in laundry baskets in my bedroom for the past month. I can't leave things to the last minute in my world....There's too much going on!

Jenn, Lynne - how's it going?? We're all going to live vicariously through you guys... Please see above....I promise to share stories and pictures with all who behave whilst I'm away....K?
Just got done watching some of POTC #1, now heading off to bed... anyone want to finish our bottle of wine?? We watched them this weekend as well....We also booked Harry's birthday party at the theatre today -- for May 26th to see POC:At World's End. He can't wait! (Either can I!!)

Donuts and wine ??? Did I just have a college flashback ??? Did I just have a breakfast flashback? :blush:

Dsnygirl
04-16-2007, 08:41 AM
:snowball: :snowball: Good morning everybody... I hope SOME of you woke up to sun and warm breezes... we're getting dumped on up here!! My DD's, who were just off for 10 days for spring (??) break, have the day off - most all of our schools are closed. I've got about 5-6" of snow outside my front door and the trees all look like they should have Christmas lights!! :snowball: :snowball:

So - how's everyone else faring in this storm?? I wonder how Ken and his DW and their RV are doing - anyone know where they went?

Ellen - good luck today - we're thinking of you.

Jenn and Lynne - keep packing - and Lynne, let me know where to find the ship... :sail:

Sounds like we're getting a good crew together for the AC on Thursday - anyone want to throw out a possible meet time? (We can't meet for dinner, but will be sure to be @ the AC afterwards!!)

Well, due to circumstances beyond my control, looks like I'll be spending another day :geek: ... :D

Christine
04-16-2007, 08:44 AM
I missed you all last night!

Ellen, good luck and lots of :pixie: to you for your procedure. Please let us know how you are doing!!! :hug:

Donuts and wine? How is that a balanced breakfast without nachos???

Mickey'sGirl
04-16-2007, 08:47 AM
I knew you were a kindred spirit! Do you like jalepeno's on the nachos? I do! :eat:

Christine
04-16-2007, 08:49 AM
I knew you were a kindred spirit! Do you like jalepeno's on the nachos? I do! :eat:

I used to do jalapenos, but not anymore...maybe when my gallbladder comes out I can again!

Are the boys just chomping at the bit to get to WDW?? (and of course I mean your THREE boys!)

Dsnygirl
04-16-2007, 09:02 AM

I just KNEW I liked you!! Makes my breakfast this morning sound pretty boring by comparison...:(

Anyone know any good "snow, snow, go away" songs? My DD's are trying to make some up, and the results aren't working.... ;)

offwego
04-16-2007, 09:23 AM
Lynne,

The Captain Jack tutorial is amazing!! We had the best time at that on my birthday...if only Jack was kissing my hand instead of the first mate...but he did wink at me does that count?

I'm going to pass on the donuts and wine for breakfast. I'm not a big fan of donuts.

Ellen, wishing you all the best and hoping they can combine the two procedures together!

Jenn...I so hear you on that song. How about we all sing wake me up before you go-go?

Christine how did the Starbucks order go?

Frankie well...I just don't know what to say there.

Alex how are you planning to bring Edge with you exactly?

And has Scott not made it back from his move? Is Jasper still camping?

Rhonda hope your bruises are better.

And Ken please don't forget to tell us what the 50's were?

disneydrmr
04-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Good morning everyone! Got any donuts and wine left? Are they chocolate donuts or powdered sugar? Anyone have any cold pizza? My tummy is growling so I'm ready for some food. Hope all our East Coast friends are ok with the Noreaster that's hitting... Maryln - maybe you and the Black Pearl should head up that way to do some search and rescue of our JQ friends who might need it? Though I guess the Black Pearl won't be much help to those who have the snow instead of the rain...

So, are we ready to take on Ken's house? My 'sources' say that the RV has left the lot... I repeat.. the rv has left the lot....

Christine
04-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Christine how did the Starbucks order go?

Very well, thank you!! "I need a non-fat cafe mocha, no whip!"

Don't I sound like the hip gen-x 'er???

offwego
04-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Very well, thank you!! "I need a non-fat cafe mocha, no whip!"

Don't I sound like the hip gen-x 'er???

way cool..Glad it worked. Did you have to shrug?

Christine
04-16-2007, 10:43 AM
way cool..Glad it worked. Did you have to shrug?

No shrug needed...I was in the drive thru! :)

In fact, it was so good and I was so un-nerved I am headed there in a few minutes to get another cup before I go into work!

Does anyone else watch "Frasier"? It is on Lifetime every morning (followed by Will and Grace) and it is so funny! A much better way to start the day then news!

Mickey'sGirl
04-16-2007, 11:14 AM
:hi: Nat! :hi: Di! How are things?

Does anyone else watch "Frasier"? It is on Lifetime every morning (followed by Will and Grace) and it is so funny! A much better way to start the day then news! I used to LOVE Frasier! Anything is better than the news these days it seems! Congratulations on a successful Starbucks order Christine! :thumbsup:

marlyn
04-16-2007, 11:50 AM
So who is swimming in their front yard? This storm is unbelievable.

OK, yesterday was warm and sunny here. Kids played on beach in shorts. Today it is raining hard. Who sent this my way? Is this because I am heading to WDW in less than 100 hrs??

Can I wear my Frankie suit? :spy:

:thedolls:

I've actually been purchasing, washing and collecting clothing in laundry baskets in my bedroom for the past month. I can't leave things to the last minute in my world....There's too much going on!
I promise to share stories and pictures with all who behave whilst I'm away....K?

Ditto to all of this. Can't wait to share my pics. I also have been planning, organizing, etc for last few months!

Jenn and Lynne - keep packing - and Lynne, let me know where to find the ship... :sail:

OK, the Pearl will be docked in....wait, what am I saying?? I will have to tell you in secret.

Wow...I really do like this thread. Happy I stumbled on in. :)

Lynne,

The Captain Jack tutorial is amazing!! We had the best time at that on my birthday...if only Jack was kissing my hand instead of the first mate...but he did wink at me does that count?

You bet it counts. If he winks at me, I may just faint. If I do, will he come over to revive me?? :blush:

Maryln - maybe you and the Black Pearl should head up that way to do some search and rescue of our JQ friends who might need it? Though I guess the Black Pearl won't be much help to those who have the snow instead of the rain...

I think maybe we should swing up there with the Pearl and take all the East Coasters out for a Pirate party. They need it aftera ll this don't you think?

Does anyone else watch "Frasier"?

LOVE Frasier!! Niles is my hero :D He just cracks me up!

marlyn
04-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Ellen...special hugs and :pixie: coming to you today!!

Nascfan
04-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Ellen...special hugs and :pixie: coming to you today!!

Did Captain Jack take your question Lynne?

I didn't have time to read all the back posts so let me just include a dose of :pixie: for Ellen.

We got about an inch or so of snow Saturday night, nothing like what Blythe is getting! I feel for you Blythe.

When's the first day of spring? Oh yeah, it's already past.

offwego
04-16-2007, 01:37 PM

I didn't have time to read all the back posts so let me just include a dose of :pixie: for Ellen.

We got about an inch or so of snow Saturday night, nothing like what Blythe is getting! I feel for you Blythe.

So you made it through the move huh?

Nascfan
04-16-2007, 02:22 PM
So you made it through the move huh?

Oh yeah. We get to move again in a few weeks or so, but that's ok because then we get all new desk units and such. That will be nice.

Who took that question I was saving?

offwego
04-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Oh yeah. We get to move again in a few weeks or so, but that's ok because then we get all new desk units and such. That will be nice.

Who took that question I was saving?

Well your calmer then I would be...I hate interoffice moves.

Where is everyone? Snowed in? It's nice and sunny here!

Dsnygirl
04-16-2007, 04:36 PM
OK, yesterday was warm and sunny here. Kids played on beach in shorts. Today it is raining hard. Who sent this my way? Is this because I am heading to WDW in less than 100 hrs??

OK, the Pearl will be docked in....wait, what am I saying?? I will have to tell you in secret.

I think maybe we should swing up there with the Pearl and take all the East Coasters out for a Pirate party. They need it aftera ll this don't you think?

You know what, Lynne? I was adding everything up yesterday... sunny beach weather outside your front door... 15 days @ WDW...an avatar to die for... did I mention 15 days @ WDW??? I didn't think I liked you very much.... ;) But, now that it's raining @ your house, and you've offered to rescue me for a pirate party - well, let me stand corrected -- I like you very much. Still got room in your suitcase??? :D

:snowball: Thanks for the kind thoughts... I'd feel bad for me, too, except I'm numb. :freeze: It's stopped snowing a bit, but I guess we're "in-between storms" -- there's more headed this way later on. :(

Hey -- have you guys caught what's going on in Virginia? I hope and pray none of us have family or friends there... far worse than a little bad weather.... what awful news.

offwego
04-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Hey -- have you guys caught what's going on in Virginia? I hope and pray none of us have family or friends there... far worse than a little bad weather.... what awful news.

That is an awful story. What happens in a person that lets them do this? Just tragic.

Can't imagine what the family's must be feeling.

Christine
04-16-2007, 06:00 PM
The news out of VA. Tech is truly horrifying. I can't even think of words to describe how badly I feel for those involved and their families!

Ellen, did everything go okay today? Were they able to do the 2 procedures at one time?? I sure hope so!

marlyn
04-16-2007, 07:31 PM

Oops, and I was doing so well. Forgive me??

marlyn
04-16-2007, 07:33 PM
You know what, Lynne? I was adding everything up yesterday... sunny beach weather outside your front door... 15 days @ WDW...an avatar to die for... did I mention 15 days @ WDW??? I didn't think I liked you very much.... ;) But, now that it's raining @ your house, and you've offered to rescue me for a pirate party - well, let me stand corrected -- I like you very much. Still got room in your suitcase??? :D

Saved by the rain!! I like you too, BUT you can keep your snow. Of course you can still come. Do you still have the handcuffs??

Nascfan
04-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Oops, and I was doing so well. Forgive me??

Butofcourse! :D

Can you believe we might hit 60 here tomorrow? I know that may not seem like much to our southern friends, but it's been so long since we've seen that, that it's going to feel like heaven.

Tragic, sad news out of Virginia Tech. Please keep the families and friends of the victims in your prayers.

ElenitaB
04-16-2007, 08:13 PM
Sorry... in this case, legs do not compete w/Capt Jack.

Any of you want to go??
:here:

I have Capt Jack hanging here in computer room. He is distracting, but in a good way! ;)
But didn't Will save him from hanging? Please take him down!

Yes, you did just say that, and yes please bring them. If my "Kidnap Jack" plan is to go as planned I will need all the help I can get. You won't mind sailing back on the Pearl with us would you? We need a companion for the crew ;)
Since I missed out on booking my Panama Canal Repo Cruise, can I sign up for the crew?

Anyone have any cold pizza? My tummy is growling so I'm ready for some food. Hope all our East Coast friends are ok with the Noreaster that's hitting... Maryln - maybe you and the Black Pearl should head up that way to do some search and rescue of our JQ friends who might need it? Though I guess the Black Pearl won't be much help to those who have the snow instead of the rain...
Stop by tomorrow morning for cold pizza. There'll be plenty. And there's even wine... and coffee for those of us who have to work (or have to get lab work done like me). Di, I knew I liked you... thanks for sending the Black Pearl up here!

I think maybe we should swing up there with the Pearl and take all the East Coasters out for a Pirate party. They need it after all this don't you think?
I like the way you and Di think... yes, we do need it.

So today's visit with the new doc was sobering. I'm having a special scan on the 24th (2 hours long, thank you very much) and then decisions will be made about the potential surgery. And we'll see if the two procedures can be combined. I really shouldn't complain... I'm here, right? I'm just a little overwhelmed right now, that's all. But reading through this thread always cheers me up (even when my reading slows down as my eyes rest on a certain avatar :heart: )

Since I missed all morning, it's back to work for me. Heigh ho, heigh ho... Blythe, are you working tonight?

alpro2
04-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Funny how this thread just comes to a halt when drummerboy and guitarboy aren't around.

Is it bedtime for everyone already?

marlyn
04-17-2007, 01:43 AM
I am up...of course I am on the west coast!

But didn't Will save him from hanging? Please take him down!

Since I missed out on booking my Panama Canal Repo Cruise, can I sign up for the crew?

I like the way you and Di think... yes, we do need it.

Don't worry, Capt jack is safe with me! And yes, you can sign on as crew. Do you cook??

So today's visit with the new doc was sobering. I'm having a special scan on the 24th (2 hours long, thank you very much) and then decisions will be made about the potential surgery. And we'll see if the two procedures can be combined. I really shouldn't complain... I'm here, right? I'm just a little overwhelmed right now, that's all. But reading through this thread always cheers me up (even when my reading slows down as my eyes rest on a certain avatar :heart: )

I hereby put you in charge of looking after my Capt Jack avatar while I am away in WDW. Are you up for the task?? Anything to cheer you up. Hugs!!

Tragic, sad news out of Virginia Tech. Please keep the families and friends of the victims in your prayers.

Definitely! Very sad world we live in isn't it?

disneydrmr
04-17-2007, 08:18 AM
Hello everyone! :wave: I was gonna say "good morning" but it just didn't seem to fit today. All the news out of VA... how tragic. It's so sobering to think about the world we live in now. I think back to my childhood and how I used to ride my bike all over the neighborhood, NEVER fearing for my safety. Went to school every day, NEVER fearing for my safety.. how quickly times have changed.

So, who has the cookies? Who has some pasta? On a day like this I could use some comfort food... anyone care to join me?

Mickey'sGirl
04-17-2007, 08:45 AM
I hope it all works out for you Ellen...and I really hope the procedures can be combined. I am thinking about you :pixie: . Should I help Lynne with the Capt'n Jack project next week?

Christine
04-17-2007, 08:51 AM
Should I help Lynne with the Capt'n Jack project next week?

Do you think that would be wise, seeing as you and Brian will be celebrating your anniversary on this trip??? :)

Christine
04-17-2007, 08:56 AM

Ellen, you are SO in my thoughts. I think you have EVERY right to complain! You just hang in there, think of how soon you'll be in DISNEY and know that we're here for you! :grouphug:

You had a rough day yesterday, and then had to work last night. So what can I get you for breakfast? Would you like some french toast??

Dsnygirl
04-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Hi everybody! I tried to keep up with you all last night, but by the time I tried to log back in, I'cot was down. Funny how fast withdrawal sets it...

How is everyone this morning? Lynne & Jen, you must be getting so excited... I'm excited just knowing I know people who are going!! :D I cannot wait to hear all about your trips... when do you leave us for "the world"?? :mickey3:

My girls are back to school today... :trio: ... I usually miss them after they're home for awhile, but they definitely needed to get back into their routine -- and my house needs a little less playtime!! I swear, there are Barbies and Littlest Pet Shop animals popping up in places you just can't imagine... :rub:

So today's visit with the new doc was sobering. I'm having a special scan on the 24th (2 hours long, thank you very much) and then decisions will be made about the potential surgery. And we'll see if the two procedures can be combined. I really shouldn't complain... I'm here, right? I'm just a little overwhelmed right now, that's all. But reading through this thread always cheers me up (even when my reading slows down as my eyes rest on a certain avatar )
Heigh ho, heigh ho... Blythe, are you working tonight?

Ellen, I so hope that your scan goes well - I don't know the extent of what is going on, but I am sending you some RN :pixie: :pixie: and keeping you in my prayers - I hope the doctors are able to not only do what's best for you, but also what is easiest for you to handle. :hug:

No, I wasn't working last night - I go back in tonight for two nights. Will you be around??

So, who has the cookies? Who has some pasta? On a day like this I could use some comfort food... anyone care to join me?

I not only have the pasta, I've got a nice homemade alfredo sauce to go with it and hot buttered garlic rolls... I know what you mean about needing comfort food when news like this is going on.... makes you just want to gather your friends and family in close and escape a little. I've got some chocolate chunk cookies, too - who wants some??

Absolutely!! I'm sure Brian would be more than happy to help rope in a pirate for the girls... :D
Are your boys getting excited??

Christine
04-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Ooo, you know what else is good comfort food? Anything with GRAVY!!!

As for the Va. Tech story, I have completely turned the news off. There is only so much that can be said about all of this mess...or at least only so much I can stand to listen to.

Who else wishes they could bury their head in the sand and live happily oblivious to the outside world???

Dsnygirl
04-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Who else wishes they could bury their head in the sand and live happily oblivious to the outside world???

Not to mention having that sand be @ CBR or Y&BC... wouldn't that make it easy?? :D

disneydrmr
04-17-2007, 10:47 AM
:
I not only have the pasta, I've got a nice homemade alfredo sauce to go with it and hot buttered garlic rolls... I know what you mean about needing comfort food when news like this is going on.... makes you just want to gather your friends and family in close and escape a little. I've got some chocolate chunk cookies, too - who wants some??

Absolutely!! I'm sure Brian would be more than happy to help rope in a pirate for the girls... :D

Mmmm... alfredo sauce! So yummy to dip garlic rolls in! And chocolate chunk cookies! NOW you are talking my kind of comfort food! Are they they really really big chunky cookies? Now if we only had some chocolate milk!

Hmmmm.... I just don't see Brian being the type who would want to rope a good looking pirate (especially for his own wife)..

Ooo, you know what else is good comfort food? Anything with GRAVY!!!

As for the Va. Tech story, I have completely turned the news off. There is only so much that can be said about all of this mess...or at least only so much I can stand to listen to.

Yeah, some mashed taters with gravy would go well right now also... or some biscuits and gravy. It would be nice if we could bury our heads and be oblivious.. but it just seems like anymore it's hard to avoid all the bad stuff.

Not to mention having that sand be @ CBR or Y&BC... wouldn't that make it easy?? :D

NOW you are talking! A trip to Disney would do wonders! That is one thing I did notice - I lost track of all that was happening in the outside world while I was down there. With no newspaper, and the tv always playing Disney stuff... I think Jenn and Brian need to pick us all up and allow us to join them on their trip next week!

Ellen - somehow I missed your post about all that you are going thru.. I am praying for you and wishing you the best! :hug:

I don't think I got a question in up there.. did I?

Mickey'sGirl
04-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Brian would help if I asked him to....
The kids are really getting pumped... We have the "100 Years of Magic" CD in the car, and with every song Euan asks "Mom. I go on Splash (HM, Epcot, TT...you get the idea). Har go on Splash. Dad go on Splash. Mom go on Splash ?" Then when the next song comes on, he asks about the next ride.... Harry asked me if I remembered the Light Tunnel at Epcot. I couldn't think of what he meant..... He said "You know as you go to the Countries?" Then I remembered the lighted archway that goes along the path between FW and the WS at Christmastime. He said "Why did some people go another way? Why wouldn't they want to walk through the light tunnel? It was so cool." They're in the zone!

Nascfan
04-17-2007, 10:59 AM
NOW you are talking! A trip to Disney would do wonders! That is one thing I did notice - I lost track of all that was happening in the outside world while I was down there. With no newspaper, and the tv always playing Disney stuff...

Isn't that great? When we exited WDW to come home in 2005, I turned to my wife and said "huh, the real world really is still out here".

I'll take some chocolate chunk cookies and milk if there are some left. Yummies!

How many hours until leaving Jenn and Lynne?

Christine
04-17-2007, 11:09 AM
A trip to Disney would do wonders! That is one thing I did notice - I lost track of all that was happening in the outside world while I was down there. With no newspaper, and the tv always playing Disney stuff...

I agree totally! Our resort tv stays permanently on channel 96! In March when we were down there, I had to smack my DH for trying to read the headlines of the newspaper at the bus stop. (why is it necessary to have a newspaper stand at a WDW bus stop???)

marlyn
04-17-2007, 11:37 AM
I am off to get my hair done today. Then a few last minute things to pick up. I meet with the cat sitters this afternoon, and am finishing up my packing. What are you all up to??

I was gonna say "good morning" but it just didn't seem to fit today. All the news out of VA... how tragic.
So, who has the cookies?

I would love to join you in some cookies. I have a few oatmeal/chocolate chip ones here. Will they do??

Would you? I need help. He might fight back!

Do you think that would be wise, seeing as you and Brian will be celebrating your anniversary on this trip??? :)

She will just help me kidnap him...I get to keep him! ;)

when do you leave us for "the world"?? :mickey3:

How many hours until leaving Jenn and Lynne?

Exactly 75 hrs until I board the plane. :cloud9: I leave in 54 hrs to drive into Vancouver. I stay overnight in hotel and fly out next morning. Am I excited?? It has gone WAY beyond excitement now. :mjump:

Dsnygirl
04-17-2007, 11:47 AM
Mmmm... alfredo sauce! So yummy to dip garlic rolls in! And chocolate chunk cookies! NOW you are talking my kind of comfort food! Are they they really really big chunky cookies? Now if we only had some chocolate milk!

Really, really REALLY big chunky!! Sending the chocolate milk your way...

Isn't that great? When we exited WDW to come home in 2005, I turned to my wife and said "huh, the real world really is still out here".

I'll take some chocolate chunk cookies and milk if there are some left. Yummies!

There are lots!! Sending them your way, too...

Funny about losing track of the real world... we experienced the same thing last May. It was our first time there with our girls, and we had a lot going on at home at the time... but I realized the night before we left to go home that ever since we'd arrived, I hadn't thought about life outside WDW at all... not even once!! It was like we were cocooned in our own little world, and all that mattered was that next Fast Pass or what ride the girls wanted to discover... it was awesome. I'd never seen my DH so relaxed and happy on a vacation before, and that's saying something, as we go to Maine for a week on the coast every year, and you'd think that'd be the epitome of relaxing! But somehow, just being in such a magical environment... boy does reality take a back seat!!

I agree totally! Our resort tv stays permanently on channel 96! In March when we were down there, I had to smack my DH for trying to read the headlines of the newspaper at the bus stop. (why is it necessary to have a newspaper stand at a WDW bus stop???)

:laughing: That's kind of like asking why they have Braille on the buttons at a drive-up ATM machine -- what's the point?? I've always wondered about that. Anyone care to enlighten me??

I would love to join you in some cookies. I have a few oatmeal/chocolate chip ones here. Will they do??

Absolutely!! I'm in!

I am off to get my hair done today. Then a few last minute things to pick up. I meet with the cat sitters this afternoon, and am finishing up my packing. What are you all up to??

Okay - off to the mall and the Disney store for a bit -- anyone need anything while I'm there?? :D

Exactly 75 hrs until I board the plane.

Not that you're counting or anything... :D lucky you!! That is so awesome!

disneydrmr
04-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Really, really REALLY big chunky!! Sending the chocolate milk your way...

:laughing: That's kind of like asking why they have Braille on the buttons at a drive-up ATM machine -- what's the point?? I've always wondered about that. Anyone care to enlighten me??

Okay - off to the mall and the Disney store for a bit -- anyone need anything while I'm there?? :D

Mmmm... I haven't had chocolate milk in quite awhile! THANKS!

Hmmm... Braille on the buttons at a drive up ATM... I guess the seeing eye dog does the driving/steering? But even if they are able to push the correct buttons - well, how do they read the screen? Since it changes with every button you push....

Yeah, since you are going to the Disney store - if they have any Stitch dolls or Stitch adult shirts - please pick me up a few of each! Thanks!

I've spent all morning trying to speak with a human at Verizon... UGH! I'm so aggravated with them! I was ready to 'let loose' on the first 'real' human I spoke with, but my supervisor reminded me that they are 'just like us'... kinda takes the wind out of your anger when you think about it like that.. but I'm STILL aggravated!

Christine
04-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Di, can't you just turn around to talk to someone from Verizon? Judging from their commercials it seems like you should have a whole pack of them right behind you! :D

Is anyone else having trouble with I-COT today? It keeps saying "Fatal error- maximum execution time blah blah blah..."

disneydrmr
04-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Di, can't you just turn around to talk to someone from Verizon? Judging from their commercials it seems like you should have a whole pack of them right behind you! :D

Is anyone else having trouble with I-COT today? It keeps saying "Fatal error- maximum execution time blah blah blah..."

Yeah, they should have a whole pack of them right behind me - shouldn't they! Hmmm.. think I can sue for false advertisement? I turn around and all I have behind me are some filing cabinets....

Yeah, I was getting those same fatal error messages...

Anyone else ready to go home?

ElenitaB
04-17-2007, 09:01 PM
OMG, I missed you all so much today! Everytime I went to log on to this thread the site was down :( I missed out on French Toast and then on oatmeal choc chip cookies. Are there any crumbs or did Scott/Jasper/Alex sneak in while no one was looking?

Thanks for the pixie dust all... I'm coming to terms with it all. Today I had to go into the city to have a blood test to see if I can even get chemo this week. Y'all would love NYC... they're doing construction near the hospital and they closed down 1/2 block and I ended up having to find a different route that ended up costing me an extra 30 minutes of time. And then I ran into more construction and more delays on the way home! Don't they know they were cutting into my JQ time?

Absolutely... send your boys off on some testerone-laden bonding thing!

That's just the way I was feeling yesterday but in my case the outside world included all the medical stuff too (well, except for you-know-who :blush: ).

Well, I'm off to watch House. I hope the site is up tomorrow. I'll put on a fresh pot of coffee in the morning for everyone! And if I manage to get up early enough, I'll even make us Mickey waffles. How's that? :mickey:

marlyn
04-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Mickey waffles?? Count me in Ellen! Sounds wonderful. I would love to sit and visit over coffee and Mickey waffles :)

Today was a weird one. I was so busy, and whenever i did manage to get in here, the site was down. I know I am new to this thread, but I missed you all.

I have some otameal/chocolate chip cookies still. Anyone care to share with me??

I am almost all packed. Can't believe it is almost time. I need this trip so much. :mickey:

Do you think Capt Jack will be glad to see me? ;)

marlyn
04-17-2007, 10:23 PM

I don't really need anything...unless the POTC stuff is on sale.:blush: Care to pick me up some?

Dsnygirl
04-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Hi guys!! Wow -- I really missed you all today!! Every time I tried to go on after I got home, the site was down... and I'd just sit there, staring at the screen, praying it would somehow materialize into Intercot!! :blush: Funny how you become so accustomed to something being there, (and the someone's that go with it!! ;) ) and then when it's not, you don't know what else to do with yourself!!

I'm at work now, and it's been busy, so I haven't even had time to check in until now....

for Di and Lynne - no POTC stuff on sale yet, but lots coming out... and Stitch was nowhere to be seen except the little guys behind the counter!! Imagine!!

Ellen - there are plenty of cookies to go around!! I'm sorry you missed your french toast -- but I'd be more than happy to join you for :mickey: waffles before I go to bed in the morning. :D

Anyone else still up out there???

marlyn
04-17-2007, 11:19 PM
I am up :D

OK, what do you do for a living that keeps you up all night??

Beast_fanatic
04-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Mmmm... alfredo sauce! So yummy to dip garlic rolls in! And chocolate chunk cookies!

You dip your chocolate chunk cookies in Alfredo sauce? :sick:

I'm actually glad that the boards were down some today - it's the only way that I was able to catch up on this thread! I hadn't made it to games yet when it went down last night, so I was two days behind! :eek:

Dsnygirl
04-18-2007, 03:10 AM
I am up :D

OK, what do you do for a living that keeps you up all night??

Catch pirates....:D

No, really -- I'm a Labor & Delivery Nurse and I work 3 12 hour shifts a week, from 7pm - 7am. :baby: Tonight we're a little crazy here, which is why I haven't been on as much. Imagine, the real world expecting me to live in it instead of on I'cot... ;)

I'm guessing most of you are asleep by now -- anyone want to meet to share Ellen's Mickey waffles in the morning??:eat:

dlpmikki
04-18-2007, 03:16 AM
We are pretty close to that. We almost never buy papers and turn off the news if it is depressing. We go and sit on our decking by the river and feel almost as relaxed as at WDW. Does that sound like a good life to you?

Exactly 75 hrs until I board the plane. :cloud9: I leave in 54 hrs to drive into Vancouver. I stay overnight in hotel and fly out next morning. Am I excited?? It has gone WAY beyond excitement now. :mjump:
That sounds like a long drive to Vancouver! Hope you have a wonderful trip :thumbsup: You'll have to try and slip an extra one in to go to a Pirate and Princess party where you can get to meet and talk to Jack - he even hid behind my husband in January when some other pirates were having a sword fight!

I'm guessing most of you are asleep by now -- anyone want to meet to share Ellen's Mickey waffles in the morning??:eat:

Mickey waffles! Yummy!

Christine
04-18-2007, 08:44 AM
We are pretty close to that. We almost never buy papers and turn off the news if it is depressing. We go and sit on our decking by the river and feel almost as relaxed as at WDW. Does that sound like a good life to you?

That sounds absolutely wonderful, Mikki! I don't guess you have a fold out sofa for me over there, do you??? ;)

Morning all!

I played bunko last night, and didn't win...AGAIN! How am I supposed to fund that October Disney trip when I don't win at gambling? I thought that would be a sure-fire way to get some cash! :D

disneydrmr
04-18-2007, 08:54 AM

Mmmm... that sounds like a great life to me! First week of May my DH and I will be in Gatlinburg and we have a room with a balcony over a mountain stream so I plan to sit on that balcony and watch the water flow by for most of our stay! There is nothing like watching water flow by (be it a stream, a river, the ocean) to relax a person...

I played bunko last night, and didn't win...AGAIN! How am I supposed to fund that October Disney trip when I don't win at gambling? I thought that would be a sure-fire way to get some cash! :D

I could've told you that gambling is NOT a sure fire way to get cash... I've been trying that for years and years with the Mega Millions lottery game... In all those years I did win $150 one time (but had to split it three ways cause I'd gone in with 2 co-workers) and I have won an occasional $3.. but I do know I've spent more than I've won.. thus defeating the purpose of getting extra money for a trip to Disney...

I'm here for those Mickey Waffles.. are there any left? I even brought some herbal and green tea for everyone!

offwego
04-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Is there still coffee?

How is everyone? I'm swamped right now so can't promise to be in and out but thought I'd pop in and say hi!

dlpmikki
04-18-2007, 11:55 AM
That sounds absolutely wonderful, Mikki! I don't guess you have a fold out sofa for me over there, do you??? ;)

Would two spare bedrooms with double beds suit you better than a fold out sofa? :thumbsup:

marlyn
04-18-2007, 12:01 PM
Catch pirates....:D

No, really -- I'm a Labor & Delivery Nurse and I work 3 12 hour shifts a week, from 7pm - 7am. :baby: Tonight we're a little crazy here, which is why I haven't been on as much. Imagine, the real world expecting me to live in it instead of on I'cot... ;)

No wonder I like you...not only do you like Cap Jack, but you are a nurse. I work on a Surgical Unit. I also do 12 hr shifts. I totally understand the "crazy" shift thing.

Am I too late for waffles? I suppose all you on the East are ready for lunch. I will take some leftovers if there are any?

marlyn
04-18-2007, 12:10 PM
That sounds like a long drive to Vancouver! Hope you have a wonderful trip :thumbsup:

No, it is not long at all. It is about 1 1/2 hrs to drive to ferry, then a 2 hr ferry ride to get there. I have to leave the day early due to ferry I need to take to get off Vancouver Island.

I live on Vancouver Island. It is a huge Island. It is 286 miles long and 50 miles wide. (12,076 square miles). Population is probably about 1,000,000 on Island now. THIS FERRY (http://www.ourbc.com/travel_bc/photos/ferries/british_columbia_04_640.jpg) is what I take to get off Island. We take cars on. It isn't far...just time consuming if ferries are busy.

You'll have to try and slip an extra one in to go to a Pirate and Princess party where you can get to meet and talk to Jack - he even hid behind my husband in January when some other pirates were having a sword fight!

Do we have a fainting smilie??

offwego
04-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Well.. the extra stength deal pixie dust didn't work as well as I thought it was.

The person told me I had the deal friday night and called me back today to say I didn't.

I'd rather they just have told me Friday they didn't know. I must have put at least 8-12 hours into it (and 4 of them today).

So who has the cookies? I need an extra large serving please...and perhaps a :marg: :marg: or two.

The bonus on that one would have been enough to pay for our whole next trip...oh well now I'd better just go find a different one.

Mickey'sGirl
04-18-2007, 01:38 PM
:hi: everyone! I'm sorry about the deal Nat....Why do people string us along only to change their minds the next minute. It's wrong. Some :pixie: for an even better deal to come along!

Hello to everyone else! Ellen I'm sending some :pixie: your way!

So last night poor DH tells me that his brother was instructed by their mother to throw a surprise party for her 65th and their father's 70th birthdays. The killer is that there is no way my Brother in Law or his wife could ever pull a do together....and this is further complicated by the fact that she is expecting their first child this summer and doesn't need the stress of a shin dig to contend with....So -- that leaves me and my one free Saturday in May -- May 5 -- the weekend after we get home from WDW. I now have about 24 hours to completely plan and send out invites for a surprise party that none of us want anything to do with. You wonder why I am the way I am??????? :crazy:
Can anyone lend a hand?

Nascfan
04-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Would two spare bedrooms with double beds suit you better than a fold out sofa? :thumbsup:

So what time is check-in at Hotel de la Mikki? ;)

So last night poor DH tells me that his brother was instructed by their mother to throw a surprise party for her 65th and their father's 70th birthdays. The killer is that there is no way my Brother in Law or his wife could ever pull a do together....and this is further complicated by the fact that she is expecting their first child this summer and doesn't need the stress of a shin dig to contend with....So -- that leaves me and my one free Saturday in May -- May 5 -- the weekend after we get home from WDW. I now have about 24 hours to completely plan and send out invites for a surprise party that none of us want anything to do with. You wonder why I am the way I am??????? :crazy:
Can anyone lend a hand?

That does NOT sound like a fun thing to try and pul off. Do they like jello molds in life-size pirate ship form? I'm sure that can be arranged. And when Jasper is done using the backhoe to dig Ken's moat, he can send that over.

Sorry about the deal falling through Nat.

disneydrmr
04-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Can anyone lend a hand?

Wow, I'm so sorry you are 'stuck' with this Jenn. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to lend you a hand! I LOVE LOVE LOVE planning surprise parties! Do you have a theme? I did one for my mom's 60th and did it in a gambling theme "Sizzling 60" (after a Sizzling 7s slot machine she loves).. did one for my DH's 30th with a fishing theme "The Years that Got Away"... lots of fun! What can I do to help?

offwego
04-18-2007, 02:25 PM
:So last night poor DH tells me that his brother was instructed by their mother to throw a surprise party for her 65th and their father's 70th birthdays. So -- that leaves me and my one free Saturday in May -- May 5 -- the weekend after we get home from WDW. I now have about 24 hours to completely plan and send out invites for a surprise party that none of us want anything to do with. You wonder why I am the way I am??????? :crazy:
Can anyone lend a hand? Well can you use email invites instead of real ones?

Also can you preorder a cleaning service to spruce up instead of the JQ reno team?

Does your local superstore cater? I know ours does deli and beyond now and can pre-do the list. Also a party rental place can drop off plates,linens chairs etc and many can be ordered on line now. Same with flowers etc. If you want me to look some up in the ajax area I could if it would help.

I used a party rental place for DS's thing as it made it so much simpler.

Sorry about the deal falling through Nat.
Thanks everyone..I'm really bummed as it wasn't pricing or anything like that. Apparently I'm just the wrong religion!

Mickey'sGirl
04-18-2007, 02:38 PM
You guys are great! :hug:

E-mail wont work -- we're talking about people even older than my in-laws....But I just did up the invitations on "Party" paper that I have here...and made up some maps with directions -- so that's all done and I only have to address them (stamps are purchased and in my wallet).

Di -- I don't know if sitting around drinking is a theme or not -- but it will likely be the result --- Maybe I can leave you to think of some fun things we can pull together when we get home -- no specific theme? I would appreciate it (honestly!).

Nat -- I am so hesitant to cater. It frustrates me to pay so much for something that isn't as good as what I would make myself.... Maybe I'll order some deli platters -- and make a couple of lasagnas....order a cake from the bakery :ack:....that kinda thing. Sorry to gripe -- I know there are much bigger issues in this world -- but it is always left to me -- on both sides of our family. I feel sorry for my poor SinL and I don't want to dump anything on her....so maybe I'll dump on my dad instead??? :D

offwego
04-18-2007, 02:49 PM
You guys are great! :hugs:

Nat -- I am so hesitant to cater. It frustrates me to pay so much for something that isn't as good as what I would make myself.... Maybe I'll order some deli platters -- and make a couple of lasagnas....order a cake from the bakery :ack:....that kinda thing. Sorry to gripe -- I know there are much bigger issues in this world -- but it is always left to me -- on both sides of our family. I feel sorry for my poor SinL and I don't want to dump anything on her....so maybe I'll dump on my dad instead??? :D
I do hear you but you don't have a whole lot of time either.

What about a local take out place that you and Brian really like? My SIL (who's not a bad cook but not really up to huge groups) did Indian take out instead once and it was a big hit.

Or a mix of cater and non cater as you mentioned but instead of deli platters try for salad ones as well? And instead of cake how about cupcakes? Many places have really cute stands for those and they often taste better then the big slab cakes...and if you get them plain you can have fun putting sprinkles or similiar on them to dress them up.

Also what foods were trendy 65-70 years ago could you use that?

disneydrmr
04-18-2007, 02:51 PM
Di -- I don't know if sitting around drinking is a theme or not -- but it will likely be the result --- Maybe I can leave you to think of some fun things we can pull together when we get home -- no specific theme? I would appreciate it (honestly!).

Hmmm.... people are old you say? And they like to drink? Wow....Maybe come up with a list of 'off limit' words and give everyone say 4 or 5 beer caps.. if they are caught saying one of the off limit words whomever catches them can take one beer cap... person with the most beer caps at the end of the party wins. You can also come up with some fun facts of "Remember When".. find out things from the year they were born and just read them off for fun. Easiest party food I do is meatballs in the crockpot either covered with spaghetti sauce, bbq sauce or Bourbon sauce. Everyone always loves them!

Jasper
04-18-2007, 03:12 PM
And when Jasper is done using the backhoe to dig Ken's moat, he can send that over.

Ok, the moat is dug but now I am working on taking the roof off so we can put on the second sto. . . OOOPPS, Ken did say he wanted a hole in the bathroom wall to put in french doors to the patio, didn't he?

Sorry I haven't been posting for a few days, my back pain has been off the charts and even though I have been keeping up with reading I just simply didn't feel up to posting.

So, when you were taking Ken's walls down, did anyone find his secret stash of cookies?

offwego
04-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Sorry I haven't been posting for a few days, my back pain has been off the charts and even though I have been keeping up with reading I just simply didn't feel up to posting.

So, when you were taking Ken's walls down, did anyone find his secret stash of cookies?

I'm sorry your backs been bad. I hope the cookies weren't squashed by the back hoe.

So what colour is the bathroom going to be?

marlyn
04-18-2007, 04:09 PM
I just did up the invitations on "Party" paper that I have here

So you won't be needing These (http://www.buycostumes.com/productdetail.aspx?productid=26576&AID=10390395&PID=1553962&link=showcase)??

Di -- I don't know if sitting around drinking is a theme or not -- but it will likely be the result

This (http://www.sullivanet.com/jack/drinkinggame.htm) game could be fun! ;)

Sorry Jen, I know I wasn't much help but I hope you at least smiled a bit. :) I am sorry you are stuck with doing all of this right before you go away. It is hard enough getting packed. I say keep it simple. What you have said already regarding food sounds good to me. Older folks don't want fancy, they want good, normal food :)

Hope you feel better soon!! As for the hole in the bathroom wall...are you not planning on making a door anyhow, so the zebras can go in and out?

Dsnygirl
04-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Wow!! You guys have been busy today!! Re-doing Ken's house, party planning... sorry I wasn't around to lend a hand! :sleepin:

No wonder I like you...not only do you like Cap Jack, but you are a nurse. I work on a Surgical Unit. I also do 12 hr shifts. I totally understand the "crazy" shift thing.

I knew there was something familiar about you... :) Kudos to you for the work you do -- I used to work in the OR before I got into L&D, and I always wondered what it was like for the nurses who took care of the patients we did surgery on. Not an easy job! How many days a week do you work?

I live on Vancouver Island. It is a huge Island. It is 286 miles long and 50 miles wide. (12,076 square miles). Population is probably about 1,000,000 on Island now.

Do we have a fainting smilie??

And that right there is another reason I like you... you live on an island! Not that it probably seems like one all the time when you're on it, as it's so big, but that is still really neat. I've always said I'd like to... the closest we come to it is every August, when we go to Maine for a week. We spend a week with friends on an island off the coast of Brunswick, right on the water, and it is heaven.

Oh -- and here is your fainting smilie... :faint:

Well.. the extra stength deal pixie dust didn't work as well as I thought it was.
The person told me I had the deal friday night and called me back today to say I didn't.
So who has the cookies? I need an extra large serving please...and perhaps a or two.

Sorry to hear about the deal, Nat -- that stinks when people pull that, esp. when they must know you'll continue working on the deal after they say yes -- only to pull the rug out from under you after you've spent more time on it. :mad: Sending :marg: :marg: your way... haven't had the chance to make cookies yet.

So last night poor DH tells me that his brother was instructed by their mother to throw a surprise party for her 65th and their father's 70th birthdays... I now have about 24 hours to completely plan and send out invites for a surprise party that none of us want anything to do with. You wonder why I am the way I am??????? Can anyone lend a hand?

Jen, I'm so sorry you have to think about this during your last few days before vacation!! Parents, esp. in laws, have the wonderful ability to think their kids are never busy and can just pull anything off at the last minute!! I love my mom dearly, but she someehow thinks that when she doesn't hear from me for a day or two, it's b/c I'm eating bon-bons... not working, raising a family, taking care of a house, running errands, cooking, cleaning... shall I go on?? And then when I apologize and say I'm busy, she says, "That's your choice, honey -- you try to do too much." :confused:

Anyway -- how'd I get off on that?? :blush: I like your ideas of the mix of some basic food you can make easily combined with bringing some platters or salads in... are there any other people that could do some of this stuff while you're gone? You probably won't have to do too much decorating... order some balloons and a get a few birthday table toppers... older folks don't seem to go for all the party glitz as much. I wish there was more I could do to help -- if I come up with any good ideas, I'll PM them to you while you're gone!

I'm sorry your back's been hurting you... are you feeling better now? I'm guessing since you just took the roof off Ken's house that that's a yes... are you going to install skylights??

Christine
04-18-2007, 05:12 PM

Oh Mikki, you spoil me!! :hug:

Jasper, I am so sorry about your back.... I can totally relate! I've been having to wear my back brace the past two weeks. We really need to stop all this rennovation work...we keep throwing our backs out! :D I hope you get back "on track" very soon!! :pixie:

Oh Lynne, last night at bunco we got on the subject of POTC 3, and you should have seen these women (ranging from ages 25-60) going into hysterics about Capt. Jack! It was great! Won't they all be jealous when you capture him all to yourself?

ElenitaB
04-18-2007, 06:08 PM
Jasper, sorry your back is giving you trouble! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Thanks everyone..I'm really bummed as it wasn't pricing or anything like that. Apparently I'm just the wrong religion!
Nat, sorry your deal feel through. That stinks!

Lynne and Blythe, :notworth: to you both! You're my heroes!

I turned in two major projects between last night and this afternoon... but there's always something waiting in the wings to fill the void. (sigh)

So did you all enjoy your :mickey: waffles this morning? You left the kitchen so neat. Tomorrow morning it's eggs and turkey bacon (trying to keep it relatively healthy) and coffee, of course. I'll make it to go for anyone who just happens to be travelling. :whistle:

alpro2
04-18-2007, 06:28 PM
Did anybody miss me? :cool:

ElenitaB
04-18-2007, 06:38 PM
But, of course, my dear!

(Should I tell him that next time we'll take better aim? ;) )

marlyn
04-18-2007, 06:46 PM
How many days a week do you work?

I work 2 days a week on average. Sometimes 3. We are extremely busy. We have a mix of surgeries...Ortho, General surgery and urology mostly.

And that right there is another reason I like you... you live on an island! Not that it probably seems like one all the time when you're on it, as it's so big, but that is still really neat.

It is a big island...but also very relaxing. I love being near the ocean. This (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/marlynx2/100_1490.jpg) was taken from my window. It is a cruise ship on its way back from Alaska. I couldn't live inland ever. The ocean gets into your soul. Do you think that is why I like Capt Jack so much?? LOL

Oh Lynne, last night at bunco we got on the subject of POTC 3, and you should have seen these women (ranging from ages 25-60) going into hysterics about Capt. Jack! It was great! Won't they all be jealous when you capture him all to yourself?

He does make the gals go nutso. Even my mother who is in her 70's thinks he is mucho yummy! Once I kidnap him I have no intentions of sharing (unless you bribe me with cookies?)

Lynne and Blythe, :notworth: to you both! You're my heroes!

I could say the same about you Dear!

Did anybody miss me? :cool:

Do we know you?? :D

alpro2
04-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Bunch of smart alex's! Get it??? :D

marlyn
04-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Aren't you the comedian? :D