PDA

View Full Version : Theme Restaurants

TFrauts
04-12-2007, 06:17 AM
I know this questions is similar to most of the other questions that are asked here....but my question is:

My fiance and I will be going for 6 nights in August! We will be getting the dining plan. We want to go to the HDDMR, and the Aloha dinner show(which will ake up 4 of our dinner credits)....other than that, we would like to spend our other 2 diners at amazing/themed restaurants. We love the rainforest cafe(but we have been there many times) for its decor...and the san angel inn looks neat..are there any other restaurants that have a really neat atmosphere that you would recommend??
THanks

SBETigg
04-12-2007, 06:44 AM
There are themed restaurants in Disney-MGM Studios:
50sPrime Time Cafe(where servers are "Mom" or "Uncle Jim" and will encourage you to eat your veggies).
Sci-Fi Dine In (a drive in theater complete with movie screens and car booths).

Epcot:
Coral Reef(dining with the aquarium right there).
Rose & Crown("authentic" British pub)
Marrakesh(mosaic tiles and belly dancing)
Biergarten(Complete with Oompah band)
San Angel Inn(definitely one of the best for theme).

At resorts:
Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge(The Lodge is so well done, it's worth a trip)
'Ohana at the Polynesian (carries over with the tropical feel of the resort).

San Angel Inn, Rainforest Cafe, and the Disney MGM restaurants are about as themed as you can get. A lot of others just offer atmospheric location but they do it well. Have fun!

Crow
04-12-2007, 01:18 PM
for the theme
San Angel in Epcot
SciFi in the Studios
the theme doesnt carryover to the food always though; sometimes you give up one for the other.

prttynpnk
04-12-2007, 02:35 PM
We love Marrakesh in Morrocco- you have to go back into the pavillion to get to it and it just feels like another world.
Seafood Bastilla...mmmmm

EvilQueen2006
04-12-2007, 05:36 PM
I agree with marrakesh and coral reef for amazing atmosphere!

Maleficent's Dad
04-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Theme:
WL: WCC
Poly: O'hana
EPCOT: Any country, Coral Reef
MK: LTT, CRT
MGM: Brown Derby, 50's, and (I hate to admit it) Sci Fi Drive In
:mickey:

TFrauts
04-18-2007, 03:31 AM
These are all great suggestions...thanks a lot!! We have decided on Marrakesh, san angel, cal Grill, HDDMR, Aloha, and 50s diner!! Thanks very much for your help!

lilmattie13
04-18-2007, 09:19 AM
My vote is San Angel in Mexico.

We usually try to eat there every trip. It is so very romantic and so themed you actually feel like your outside at night in Mexico.

My husband and I love this place. We eat, take our time looking at the surroundings and always do the ride.

Nice romantic break from the outside bustle of the park.

If you like Mexican food this is the place for you..:thumbsup:

jacknsally02
04-28-2007, 10:45 AM
I'd go with san angel or the two places in france, I've been to all three and thought they were very romantic. I didn't like marrakesh.

GrmGrninGost
04-28-2007, 10:03 PM
I highly recomment 50's Prime Time and Coral Reef!!:mickey: Also, the California Grill is great, but also takes 2 credits.