View Full Version : Princess Girls Spring Break Day 7- MGM

princessgirls
04-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Cast of Characters:

Fred, Julie, Morgan (6), Madison (5)

Bob, Kelly, Carlin (8), Clayton (6)

Resort: Bonnet Creek
March 24-31

Our last day in the parks started out slow... we needed to pack up our stuff, and we were not in a fast-paced mood. It was sad to leave the resort, but we made it into MGM by 11:30. Fast-Passes were gone for Rock N Rollercoaster, but Fred was able to score 2 from someone who did not want to ride again. Maddie was not tall enough, Bob and Clay ran over to do Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, so it was decided that Fred and Morgan would enjoy this time on the ride, and Kelly, Madison, Carlin and myself would check out Voyage ofthe Little Mermaid... LOVE THIS ATTRACTION, and then we would hit the Beauty and The Beast Show, another favorite. Morgan and Fred did well, they hit Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, Voyage of the Little Mermaid and The High School Musical Pep Rally before we all met up again at 2:30 to catch the Stars and Cars Parade. This is Morgan and Madison's favorite parade and I wanted to make sure that I got there early and secured a good spot for all the kids. I knew Carlin and Clay would love it too. Kelly & I waited in the HOT BAKING SUN with the kids and some cool refreshing ice-cream, while Fred and Bob got some Turkey Legs and at parade time, people were pushing and shoving us :confused: . This is really the only thing that annoyed me this entire week in regards to rudeness. All week, we caught parades from the back because we were running late to see them. I did not push my kids up front. We did not give up our spots, and the kids really enjoyed the parade, and just like that the clouds rolled in and we had a shower that made the temp go down to the point of putting sweatshirts on. It really did feel good. We made our way to the back of the park, Maddie and I did The Muppets, the rest of the gang did Star Wars a few times. We were able to meet quite a few characters, Buzz, Woody, The Power Rangers, Little Einsteins, and the kids were really excited for Kim Possible and Ron Stopable. They were fun to meet!!
We all took in the Stunt Spectacular show. Clay LOVED it, as did the rest of our group. We grabbed a quick bite to eat and made our way back over to the Rock and Rollercoaster. Kelly, Morgan, Carlin, Clay, and Fred were able to ride 2 times on this. Maddie, Bob, and I sat this one out. Fred took Morgan over to the Tower of Terror which had been having some problems today, but now seemed fully operational and had no wait, while the rest of us made our way over to Fantasmic, which at this point was Standing Room Only. We all enjoyed the show and were sad to start leaving the park. It was our last park of our vacation. Madison apparently was sad to leave as well, as she got :sick: on the way out. A very nice CM in the ladies room handed me wet towels, got clothes from Fred outside and told me not to worry about cleaning up the bathroom stall. She was an angel, and I was extremely thankful for her kindness. Thankfully, it was just a something didn't sit right in my belly kind of sickness, as Madison was fine in the morning. Although our day was short in MGM it was very enjoyable. It is a nice park, and they have some neat stuff here.:cool: Also, a great park when you just don't want to walk 5 miles!!
We drove back to Kelly's Dad's house in Venice Beach and arrived about 11pm. The kids had been long asleep in the car, so they were easy to tuck in and the adults enjoyed some :beer: poolside as it was our last night in Florida.
I will post some final thought tomorrow!
Thanks for reading.
Julie:mickey:

Pirate Granny
04-11-2007, 11:27 PM
How did you like the Bonnet Creek resort? I've been curious about it...:cloud9:

pogo
04-12-2007, 07:31 AM
Well Julie, you went out with a bang ! :thumbsup:

What a nice day, except for rude people and a little shower.

Thanks for sharing your day with us. :D

faline
04-12-2007, 08:55 AM
Last days are such a mixture of good times and sadness over the end of the trip! Glad you made you last day a good one!

magicman
04-12-2007, 10:29 AM
I really enjoy the Disney/MGM park tremendously. I like the size & feel of the park.

Isn't it too bad that folks will try to back there way in to your parade viewing spot. (It makes me understand why "road rage" is a problem on highways.) If only Madison could have been sick:ack: then (on the "parade pushers"), lessons could have been learned.:D

I'm glad you had a great day & trip, and I'll be looking forward to your final comments/report.

Thanks very writing.

Bethis26fan
04-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Sounds like a good time other than the rude people.

pdrlkr
04-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: