PDA

View Full Version : Cat 4 rm 8054

Cruella 1966
04-11-2007, 08:37 PM
We are going on our first Disney Cruise the end of August for a 3 night cruise. We will be cruising Cat 4 in room 8054 a 'deluxe family stateroom' I believe. Has anyone stayed in that cabin? Any thoughts on the Cat 4? We are also staying a week at the Poly. The kids are VERY excited! Thank you all!

ElenitaB
04-11-2007, 09:33 PM
First of all, :welcome: to Intercot!

Sounds like you have a great trip queued up. We've never stayed in a Cat 4, but were in Cabin 6064 (a Cat 6). The location is a GREAT location! You're mid-ship and right near the stairs/elevator. Enjoy!

BluegrassDaisy
04-11-2007, 09:57 PM
In 2004, we spent 5 nights at the Poly followed by Thurs-Sunday Cruise on the Wonder. We had booked a Cat 6 room, but were upgraded to a cat 4, though I don't remember the exact number, the room was great! There were only 4 of us, so we didn't actully need the 5th bed. The room was so spacious and the location was great. You will love it ENJOY!

TammiMcMan
04-12-2007, 08:11 PM
You're closer to the Mickey Pool overhead, as opposed to the Goofy Pool. That's good. You'll most likely notice some early morning noise when they're dragging lounge chairs across that area. The most noise tends to come from the deck parties, held on the floor over the closed Goofy Pool, so you'll be away from that.

That stateroom also has the clear plexiglass design on the verandah, so a nice view. Really, the only drawback if you need to sleep 5, is that when the murphy bed is pulled down, it's a tight squeeze to get around and out to the verandah. We had a similar problem even in a category 3 and I'm a very early riser. It just meant that I had to go up to deck 9 or 10 if I wanted to enjoy my coffee outside while watching the sun rise.