PDA

View Full Version : First time staying at Deluxe Resort--what can we expect????

Belle--86
04-11-2007, 08:09 PM
:party: :party: :party: We are heading down in July, first time staying at the Poly:grad: , a graduation gift for my DD(13)--we have stayed at both value and moderate--but what are we in for this time. We can't wait 98 days to go!!!!:party: :party:

disney323
04-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Congrats to your DD on her graduation!:party:
Staying at the Poly is an excellent choice! I have personally never stayed there but my dh has as well as many other friends. The monorail is the best thing about it I would say. They have a nice beach with a luau (highly recommended!) They have a parade of lights at night in the lagoon. The atmosphere is phenomenal. Boats take you to MK as well. Have fun!

SBETigg
04-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Expect larger rooms, fantastic views, a wonderful pool, the sounds of the MK drifting to your room, such easy transportation that you automatically feel completely de-stressed, the beach for viewing the Water Pageant and Wishes, Lapu Lapu (Tambu Lounge- try one!), and fantastic morning coffee at Kona Cafe.

Expect to feel whisked away from it all and lose yourself in the lush, relaxing surroundings-- and yet to have the sights and sounds of the MK so close that you feel enveloped in magic for the entire trip. It's really a special experience. Enjoy!

mrsgaribaldi
04-11-2007, 08:26 PM
:tikki: The Polynesian is my favorite. You are going to love it:thumbsup: Have fun planning:tikki:

PetefromRI
04-11-2007, 08:28 PM
It's kind of hard to explain.But when we stayed at the Poly there was just this feeling that you were staying at a very special place.Not only is it one of the original resorts,it's also the nicest in my opinion.The CM's just seemed extra friendly ,and take the time to really relax and smell the roses.As you enter the lobby really slow down and take in the beauty,even take a seat in one of the caned chairs facing the volcano pool.Upstairs in the lobby theres a great coffee bar that serves Kona coffee.The resort grounds are gorgeous and as nightfall comes the Tiki Torches all light up.Theres also hawiian background music to lull you to sleep as you relax on your patio just outside your room.As you can tell,this is my favorite resort.The monorail station is located upstairs in the lobby.One of the perks is when you leave the Magic Kingdom theres a seperate monorail station that stops only at the resorts.The pools are pretty nice and the views from the beach are magnificent.Great place to watch the fireworks and water parade.Your very fortunate to be going to this wonderful resort,just take the time and slow down and really take in all there is to do here.Have fun!

mickeefan
04-11-2007, 08:56 PM
We love everything about the Poly.
Transportation wise, you have the Monorail. The boat to the MK. You are within walking distance to the TTC where you can catch the Epcot Monorail or the big ferry boat to the MK.
You also have two great restaurants. Kona cafe and Ohanas.
You will have a great trip.

lovetheprincesses
04-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Love, Love, LOVE the Poly!!! You will NOT be disappointed. You WILL be spoiled and will never want to stay anywhere else!

pogo
04-11-2007, 11:03 PM
We stayed at the Poly last April and loved it. We are staying at POFQ next week and we are looking forward to staying there. :cloud9:

Enjoy and happy planning. :D

Mom2princesses
04-12-2007, 12:09 AM
I agree with everyone else you are going to have a wonderful time at the Poly! It is my favorite and the transportation to everywhere else is great. Got to love that monorail! Both resturants are super as well. I love the atmosphere too!

Have a great time and congrats to your dd on her graduation!

pox24
04-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Take me with you!!!!!!!!!

ginny57
04-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Stayed there when my DS was 12. He and I are fans of everything Disney. The highlight of the trip for him was renting a Sea Racer at the Poly Marina. He was not old enought to be alone but I was his passenger so he could drive. He had a BLAST! If you can....do it.