PDA

View Full Version : Why SpectroMagic is Great

Goes4FastPass
04-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Once, we spent an entire day at the MK right up to SpectroMagic. Erika was just 5 and had been a trooper all day.

We placed ourselves in perfect position to watch the parade. As the parade got closer the music swelled and they lowered all the lights around us.

Erika began cry. We were so alarmed. We thought she was startled by the dimming lights. Nope.

We said, "Rikki! Why are you crying?!" She said said, "Even my TOES are excited!"

I watched the lights of the parade in her eyes.

Immediatly after the parade. Immediately, she went 100% asleep. I carried her over my shoulder like a sack of taters.

That's why we go back time and time again.

magicman
04-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Once, we spent an entire day at the MK right up to SpectroMagic. Erika was just 5 and had been a trooper all day.

We placed ourselves in perfect position to watch the parade. As the parade got closer the music swelled and they lowered all the lights around us.

Erika began cry. We were so alarmed. We thought she was startled by the dimming lights. Nope.

We said, "Rikki! Why are you crying?!" She said said, "Even my TOES are excited!"

I watched the lights of the parade in her eyes.

Immediatly after the parade. Immediately, she went 100% asleep. I carried her over my shoulder like a sack of taters.

That's why we go back time and time again.

"Even my TOES are excited!" ...leave it up to a 5 year old to put into words what we feel but can't explain.

Greatness

JPL
04-11-2007, 08:45 PM
"Even my TOES are excited!"

This is the best quote I have heard in a long time :mickey:

Mnchknbrat1982
04-12-2007, 12:39 AM
how cute is that quote and so true! I am so bummed about the thought of possibly not being able to see spectromagic this year :( Since we are going in the off season its only being done 1 night we are there. The night it is going on we're going to be in MGM so its a choice between Spectromagic and Fantasmic which I haven't saw.Both are at 8 pm. I did see Spectromagic though last time we were there in 2002.

SpecJoe Magic
04-12-2007, 02:45 AM
I'm a big fan of Spectro Magic myself. Just take a look at my Intercot name.:mickey:

Thanks for sharing this story. It is the perfect example of why so many of us go to WDW time and time again. The quote is priceless. :thumbsup:

Belle619
04-12-2007, 08:55 AM
This is the perfect expression! I'm 26 and my toes and the rest of me got very excited when I first watched Spectromagic last month! It is truly Disney at their best!!!

Christine
04-12-2007, 09:01 AM
That is just a heartwarming story...thanks so much for sharing! :cloud9:

ChipDale2708
04-12-2007, 10:49 AM
So sweet and so true! Spectromagic and Wishes is always our first night tradition - the magic is just all around you; I'm always in tears of shear joy! Last year we went to Fantasmic on our first night and while we love the show, it just didn't feel the same. Back to tradition two weeks from today!! :cloud9:

ChipnDaleGal
04-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Thanks for sharing that cute story! I love Spectromagic too. Even after multiple viewings it still gets my toes excited too! :mickey:

Goofy Pluto
04-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Why is it great? I personally think it's a combination of the lights and the wonderful music.

I remember on one of our family trips going and not being in such a great mood the entire trip. I don't know why, but by our last day there, I was ready to go home. I don't remember if this was '90 or '97. (If Spectro wasn't showing yet in '90, it was definitely '97) Our last night there we stayed to watch Spectromagic. I was astonished! The music was magical. The floats were fantastic! And when those lights changed color, I was blown away! After watching that parade, my spirit was lifted and I was in such a better mood. I didn't want to go home! Unfortunately, we had to the next day. :(

But ever since then, Spectromagic has been one of my favorite things about WDW. I can't wait to see it again!

GrmGrninGost
04-12-2007, 11:58 PM
Cute story, we love Spectromagic also. But, I sure do miss the Main Street Electrical Parade. Just love that Baroque Hoedown !!:mickey:

MrPeetrie
04-13-2007, 12:15 AM
Beautiful Story. And Spectromagic is just that wonderful!

homeschool mom
04-14-2007, 10:42 AM
That was such a cute story! I feel the exact same way every time I watch Spectro. It is the one thing I absolutely cannot miss when we go to WDW. In fact, it is only showing 2 times on our trip in May and I am planning our weekly itinerary around the first showing. I don't want anything to keep me from seeing it. I will not miss it if I have anything to say about it. And, let's face it, I'm the trip planner -- everybody does what Mom says. :thumbsup:

Jared
04-14-2007, 10:53 AM
These kinds of stories are why we keep going back to our favorite vacation destination in the world.

Thanks for sharing!

kaliepooh
04-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Spectromagic makes me feel the same way. Instead of crying I scream!!! Can't wait to get there in August!