PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon?

Disdad13
04-11-2007, 02:56 PM
My DW talked me into spending a day at one of the water parks on our upcoming trip in September. My question - which one should we go to? It will be me, DW and DS5. DW really likes stuff like the "lazy river" type rides. I prefer the fast stuff! DS will be happy no matter where we go. So...which one should we go to? Which has the best CS for lunch (we will be there during free dining)? Thanks for your opinions!!

MMouse6937
04-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Ah, the age old question!!

I prefer TL myself, as it has more of a beachy, laid back feeling. BB is definately the one with the exciting slides (Summit Plummet, etc) which has it's appeal to my DH. We do both on our trips so I don't really have to decide. If I had to choose I would choose TL, my DH would probably pick BB. Things to consider are:
TL has more sandy, beachy theme whereas BB is more concretey (is that a word?) feeling. BB has way more exciting attractions for daredevils where TL are more tame (well they did get Crusher Gusher but nothing on par with Summit Plummet) TL has the big huge wave pool, where BB has more of a bobbing pool. Both of them have a lazy river. I would say overall you will have a great time at either, BUT if I had to vote it would be TL! Hope I helped and didn't confuse you more :blush:

Kristi Kay
04-11-2007, 03:56 PM
I personally like TL...it's a beachy feel and you can snorkle with sharks, which is super fun!

Disdad13
04-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Snorkle with sharks?? Please elaborate, Kristi Kay! Thanks for all the good info MMouse6937!

Kristi Kay
04-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Yeah, have this area set up that has a sunken ship and it's filled with all kinds of baby sharks and sting rays.. They give you snorkle gear and a life jacket and you can swim through. It's completely safe and really cool! I'm sure you can find more detail on the Disney website....But I think you would love it...the kids can do it too!

Maleficent's Dad
04-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Both have benefits and great attractions.

TL

Great wave pool
Shark reef snorkling
Laid back lazy river
Smaller child's area (easier on parents)
Easier to manage/navigate

BB

Incredible slides
One of the best "family rides" I've ever been on (Teamboat Springs)
Very long (subsequently relaxing) lazy river
Incredible child's area

Essentially, you can't go wrong at either. They are both very fun!!! :thumbsup:

SgtTigger
04-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Well, I will go against the grain....

My vote is for Blizzard Beach.....

I love the family raft ride. I also like the wave pool much better... smaller waves all the time not the giant ones at times like at TL. Both lazy rivers are great but I like the cool water at blizzard beach... Also and I know this is weird but.... I feel cooler at blizzard beach I guess with all the stuff that looks like snow and ice..... The biggest reason I like it better is... a lot less sand.....

:cop: :tigger:

SunnyLee
04-11-2007, 06:58 PM
My and my DF are going this June for my bday. :party: And we are way excited! We did TL last summer and LOVED it; the tidal wave was so neat and the slides a blast...especially since I had never been to a water park before in my life! This summer we intend to hit up BB..so thanks for the helpful tips and the question!!!:mickey:

alicia524luvstw
04-12-2007, 06:02 AM
BB. My son likes the water slides there and I like the calmer wave pool.

Belle--86
04-12-2007, 01:53 PM
I have been to both water parks and I would say BB is better.They have a great family raft ride, the kid area is great and I love their long relaxing lazy river.:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

TinksPixieDust
04-12-2007, 05:06 PM
my vote is for TL. I feel as though there are more things to do.

Wave Pool= AMAZING BB wave pool is really bobby waves that can make you feel sea sick

crush n gusher... awesome new ride! wait times go by really fasttoo... ps more weight you have the faster you go!

i think that people are drawn to BB for Summit Plummet but I dont like it.. too many people come off complaining about how t hurts their back... i think the Humunga Cowabunga is just as awesome plus you can go three people at the same time and race down!

I do have to say the the family raft ride at BB is MUCH BETTER the one at TL is a turn around the corner and then you are done... and people wait like 45 minutes for it... not worth it

the two tube rides are decent tooo...
and the lazy river is amazing no matter where you are...:)

id say BB has a fun family ride and taboggan races, but other htat that I would choose TL over BB anyday.

just my two cents!

either way youll have so much fun!!

EvilQueen2006
04-12-2007, 06:45 PM
I have only been to TL so I can't comment on BB. But I love TL and I would choose to go back there insteead of BB for the following reasons. . .

1) I love shark reef. I think its so cool that you can snorkle with sharks, and you can't get this at BB.
2) I love the Wave pool with the GIANT waves.
3) Humunga Kowabunga was too much for me, so I would not be trying out Summit Plummit.

and

4) TL has the new ride, Crushin' Gusher, that I haven't tried yet and sounds really fun!

mttafire
04-12-2007, 11:14 PM
my vote is for TL. I feel as though there are more things to do.

Wave Pool= AMAZING BB wave pool is really bobby waves that can make you feel sea sick

crush n gusher... awesome new ride! wait times go by really fasttoo... ps more weight you have the faster you go!

i think that people are drawn to BB for Summit Plummet but I dont like it.. too many people come off complaining about how t hurts their back... i think the Humunga Cowabunga is just as awesome plus you can go three people at the same time and race down!

I do have to say the the family raft ride at BB is MUCH BETTER the one at TL is a turn around the corner and then you are done... and people wait like 45 minutes for it... not worth it

the two tube rides are decent tooo...
and the lazy river is amazing no matter where you are...:)

id say BB has a fun family ride and taboggan races, but other htat that I would choose TL over BB anyday.

just my two cents!

either way youll have so much fun!!
I agree. Imho, T.l. is the best. B.B. has nice slides BUT overall T.L. beats it....PLUS the wave pool IS the best ive ever seen.:mickey:

KayDee
04-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Sounds like BB for you. BB has great water slides (the fast ones) and a long lazy river plus my DW's favorite the family raft ride.

ghost999
04-15-2007, 04:30 PM
personally i think that TL has a lot more family oriented things, and they have their own thrill rides( crush and gusher and the slides) and they have shark reef and my family does that one more than BB

marlyn
04-15-2007, 04:54 PM
I have done both and for your family I would say Blizzard Beach would have everything to keep you all happy. There is more of a "kids" area at BB then there is a TL in my opinion. I also find that the waves in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon can be a bit hard for young kids unless they are good swimmers. It can scare them. BB has great "family" raft rides...and lots of thrills as well as an awesome lazy River.