PDA

View Full Version : bathroom layouts in deluxe resorts

BrerGnat
04-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Ok, I *think* that the bathrooms in the Polynesian are separated from the bedroom by a door. Is this correct? I actually PREFER a closed off vanity area, rather than having it outside the shower area. I am thinking ahead for our first family vacation, and I take showers (and blow dry my hair) at night before bed and I would love to be able to do this behind closed doors, as to not disturb my sleeping toddlers.

Any other hotels have bathroom layouts with a door separating the ENTIRE bathroom area from the main room or is the Polynesian the only one? (I recall maybe the Contemporary as well?)

Grace
04-11-2007, 03:16 PM
:mickey: You are correct about the bathrooms at the Poly having doors, at least in the buildings where we have stayed. Not sure about the newest building though. Tikiman?

Marker
04-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Just for reference, as I have never been in a deluxe, and likely won't. At POR last month, they have a curtain to separate the vanity area from the bedroom area. It doesn't kill all the light and noise, but it definitely helpful.

BrerGnat
04-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Yeah, thanks Marker. I knew about the curtains at the moderates (at least at POR).

I am looking to be able to close OFF the bathroom area all together, both for the noise factor as well as the sinks being a lure for my toddlers to play in. :rolleyes: If I can close the door and convince them that it's locked, they won't try to get in there. They are both OBSESSED with playing with water and flooding my bathroom!

When they are older, that won't be so much of an issue...

Marker
04-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Yeah, thanks Marker. I knew about the curtains at the moderates (at least at POR).

Glad to help. :tiphat: If not you, since you already know, then perhaps someone else who reads this and doesn't already know. As I said, it was just for reference.

TammiMcMan
04-11-2007, 06:51 PM
The Poly and CR are the only two deluxes that don't have the split bath design in their standard rooms. The vanity/sink area are behind the door with the tub and toilet.

wendy*darling
04-11-2007, 07:05 PM
The Fort Wilderness Cabins also have a completely seperate bathroom, as well as a bedroom with bunk beds and a double bed.
You could put the little ones down for the night and do your shower/blow drying behind a closed door... then sit out in the living room or on the deck until your bedtime. :marg:

But you also have a full kitchen, so if the kitchen sink will be a problem, I am not sure this is the solution. It is a great resort though!

BrerGnat
04-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the information Linda. We are not really into the cabin idea, though. We HATE camping and being in the woods in general. DH is a Marine and spends enough time "roughing it" that when he goes on vacation, he wants DE-luxe accommodations. About as close as he gets to "the woods" at WDW is on the concierge level of the WL. :D

I guess at this point, Poly is winning, although we may consider the Beach Club Villas, as our other choice for resort is either the BC/YC so we can walk into Epcot. That is a BIG draw for us, as Epcot is our favorite park and our kids go to Disneyland ALL the time, so I'm not really sure we'll spend too much time at MK. When we go, we'll be there to show them some NEW Disney parks. :mickey: