PDA

View Full Version : Michigan snow...closing my eyes

castlelady36
04-11-2007, 01:11 PM
If anyone else out there is getting dumped on like we are in Michigan lets all close our eyes and be transported to WDW warmth and magic!!! So sick:ill: of winter.....
I am on main street....I am on main street...:cloud9:

poeticeclipse
04-11-2007, 02:11 PM
I totally feel you!!! I LOVE Florida weather and this just stinks. My birthday is this Sunday and I can't believe we're going to have snow. Grr....I was born in 70 degree weather not 30 w/ slushy snow.

Tinkerfreak
04-11-2007, 02:25 PM
We are expecting 6 to 12 inches of wet messy snow starting tomorrow and continuing into Friday. I was getting so depressed because I still have the snowman on my porch from our last storm last week. I swear everytime I look out the glass doors at him he is sticking his tongue out at me. I went tanning yesterday to try to think spring and all it got me was a bad burn because they put new bulbs in and forgot to tell me. So, we in Maine are suffering right along with you. Maybe if I close my eyes my sunburn will convince me I am at BB.

Belle619
04-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Yes, it is very cold and gloomy this morning in Chicago. If I had my way I'd be in the hammock on the beach at the Poly all warm and happy!

Niecyboo
04-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Yeah, another Michigander here wishing I were somewhere else. As much as I loved those few warm days in March, I find them torture when they are followed by this.

Of course, I think you're all going to hate me, because in 8 days, I won't have to be closing my eyes to see Disney. When we planned this trip, I was not expecting to be escaping snow.

castlelady36
04-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Niecyboo

We don't hate you just very green eyed!!:D
Have a great time and bring back some sun!!

Disneytrotters
04-12-2007, 11:38 AM
I agree with all of the posters. The In-Laws called from Florida last night (they live 60 miles from WDW), and were complaining about how they have to take their walks early each morning because it is 90 degrees and humid later in the day. :cool: Boo hoo hoo!:drama:

Since it's snowing again today, I have trouble with sympathy!!!:mad:

pogo
04-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Yeah, another Michigander here wishing I were somewhere else. As much as I loved those few warm days in March, I find them torture when they are followed by this.

Of course, I think you're all going to hate me, because in 8 days, I won't have to be closing my eyes to see Disney. When we planned this trip, I was not expecting to be escaping snow. :hi: I sure hope you don't get snowed :snowball::giveup: in ! I'm looking forward to meeting you and your DH on the 22nd !:D

angedeaile
04-12-2007, 01:42 PM
*sigh* I too am a Michigander...infact, I am in the U.P. where insane amounts of snow is no big thing. I recall a few years ago, it snowed an inch or so in July :mad: Would you believe that I moved here from Alabama to get away from the heat? One extreme to the other!

I told myself after Disney in August, I don't think I could take another winter here!

I thought I got lucky with that heat wave in December and then two weekends ago, I was napping at the beach. So, I thought...hey maybe the U.P. isn't so bad. When it warms up, this place is beautiful.

I should have known that Mother Nature wouldn't let me off the hook.

Gotta love pain killers for your back with all that shoveling!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-12-2007, 07:42 PM
We were supposed to get 6+ inches today but it looks like we've dodged that bullet. Although it's 730pm here and the sanders are going by my house as we speak.
We've had snow, sleet, rain and hail today. I was home so I got to watch it all happening.
Is it still going to be snowing when I leave for WDW in August?

bouncer
04-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Not quite a month ago I was swinging in a hammock on the beach at the Poly.:papple: :cloud9: Yesterday we had 8 inches of the wet, ugly, white stuff preceded by rain so that it could make a nice icy mess for the afternoon commute! :sick: Makes a person really want to never leave WDW. :sadwave: COME ON SPRING!!!