PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club, Yacht Club or Boardwalk for 08 trip???

threeh
04-11-2007, 10:27 AM
I am hoping to book 6 nights at the Polynesain in Winter 08 and wanted to stay 2-3 nights at the end of our trip in the EPCOT area. We stayed BC before, I would love to try BWI but my kids really liked storm along bay, which made me think maybe try Yacht club :confused: Any thoughts??

Thanks to all and Happy planning!!!

LittleD
04-11-2007, 11:46 AM
If you have stayed at BC before you are likely to enjoy another stay at BC rather than YC.

BelleBeauty
04-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Stormalong Bay can't be beat! If the kids like it there, try out YC. They are similar just the atmosphere at YC seems a little more nautical/formal (like a cruise ship), but obviously everything is family friendly. I think you are still close enough to the BW to take advantage of the entertainment, and you get access to the pool.

pox24
04-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Real tough, If swimming is your thing, Storm ma long Bay! If not a major consideration, Boardwalk for sure.:thumbsup:

MarkC
04-11-2007, 12:37 PM
If you have kids, it's Beach Club hands down. The others are nice but your kids will not enjoy them nearly as much. Beach Club is our favorite resort anywhere. You can't beat the atmosphere, pool, or 4 minute walk to Epcot.

Maleficent's Dad
04-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Over dinner, my family was just debating - BW or BC?

They are pretty much considered even in our book. The only difference being the pool. The location of both resorts is great. We actually love Luna Park Pool (BW) and at times, think it's got advantages over SAB - now before you all get on me about this, we like the fact that the slide is in view (for younger kids), Leaping Horse is not nearly as busy as Hurricane Hanna's...

The BC has the EPCOT location. BW is closer to MGM (we choose to walk from the villas).

As for the YC - great resort, a bit more formal, not as close to the action (IMHO).

You CAN NOT GO WRONG at any of the places! Have fun with whatever you decide! :mickey:

Pirate Granny
04-11-2007, 08:22 PM
We stayed at the YC just for the pool a few years ago (no kids in our party either)...however, I was very disappointed that the pool closed at 8pm...the quiet pools were nice, but I had my heart set on walking home from EPCOT and taking a dip late at night...they used to keep it open later...is it because they have 'visitors' once MGM and EPCOT closes?:cloud9:

chasgooses
04-12-2007, 01:58 PM
I would say Yacht Club. If you have already done the BC, try something different. It is by no means too formal (relative to the BC, maybe, but to the rest of the world? no way). You also have a much better chance at getting a real balcony at the YC.

tink55
04-14-2007, 08:17 PM
Depends on what amenities and atmosphere you want...

Yacht Club rooms have full-sized balconies, but not all Beach Club rooms do (in fact most don't). Both YC and BC have good sized daybeds, but Boardwalk Inn has "mini" daybeds that fit only young children. YC/BC have access to StormAlong Bay pool, but the Boardwalk Luna pool is also pretty cool! Boardwalk is a better experience for older kids, BC for younger kids, and YC is a pretty grown-up atmosphere.

FiggyFan
04-15-2007, 04:01 PM
Boardwalk is a better experience for older kids, BC for younger kids, and YC is a pretty grown-up atmosphere.

Perhaps that is why BC is my favorite of the three, and YC finishes 3rd. :blush:

threeh
04-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Thanks all for your info and advice!!!:mickey: