PDA

View Full Version : going all out

mia_minnie07
04-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Hi I was wondering when is the best time to stay in one of the "BIG BOY" Resorts I.E. Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary. What is the best rate anyone has gotten. Im ready to blow it our and stay there at least once. for a 4 night stay. thanks for the help

BrerGnat
04-11-2007, 01:33 PM
The Value season is definitely the best time to get good rates on the deluxes.

I have a REALLY hard time paying more for the same room because the calendar shows a different day. :-o

In my opinion, the deluxes are really only "worth" the value price. The rates at Holiday season, especially, are excruciatingly high for ANYWHERE, nevermind WDW.

If you don't care about your view, book standard for the lowest price. You can also see if there is a discount if you are an AAA member (it's usually 15% off for room only reservations), but the discount is not always offered.

In addition, you could wait until Disney releases a special and book with a discount.

It really depends on when you want to go, how much you will pay. It's all relative.

Dicecatt262
04-11-2007, 01:39 PM
I echo that, Value season is a good time to go. Some rates I've gotten...40% off with a pincode, that made Poly concierge around $300 per night. Another...during Regular season I found AKL Savannah View for 37% off, and Wilderness Lodge for 40% off.

I paid Rack Rate at the Poly last year, garden view, about $315 per night, but I had free dining which made up for it since I have a big family. This year my discount is better than the free dining.