PDA

View Full Version : Which value resort would you choose??

Dsnygirl
04-11-2007, 01:10 AM
This question is for those of you who have stayed at different Value resorts - which one is your favorite?? We are going down in October & are considering ASM, but wondering about POP, too. A lot of people seem to like POP best - why? What is better about it? We honestly don't think we'll be at the resort for anything besides sleeping on this trip, so thought it'd be the perfect time to try out the Values... but now can't decide which one!! :blush:

Any advice?? :thanks: :thanks:

JPL
04-11-2007, 01:39 AM
Pop is basically cleaner and newer so it doesn't show the wear and tear the All-Stars do. It also doesn't get the Team and group traffic that All-star does. It also has dedicated bus servoce the All-Stars share buses.

mrsgaribaldi
04-11-2007, 05:16 AM
We like Pop better because it just seems nicer. Like the previous poster said, it's newer. There also seems to be less people hanging out drinking and making noise at Pop than we have encountered at the other values. We are staying there again in 24 days:thumbsup:

Tuke
04-11-2007, 07:16 AM
As previously mentioned, Pop is newer and cleaner. It can not be overstated how much different the busses are, especially at night and first thing in the morning. At the All-Stars, the buses may be mostly full by the time they get to your resort, and in the evenings may have to stop at the other All-Stars and wait for them to unload before finally proceeding to yours. It sounds like a small thing, but if you're tired and/or have exhausted kids, it's huge. ENJOY!!

CanadianWDWFan
04-11-2007, 08:11 AM
We found that POP was too big for our liking. Last January we stayed at the ASSp and the kids LOVED the oversize sports stuff. So the kids chose where we are staying in October.:D

We found the Sports was clean and we found the buses worked quite well. We didn't really share any buses with any other resort.

Wolf
04-11-2007, 08:25 AM
We just love POP The theming is very neat with it grouped into sets of years, the service is top notch! And the buses are quick, the food is good and fast at the cafeteria, the pools are awesome! I would certainly recomend it to anyone!!

Marker
04-11-2007, 08:31 AM
Stayed at All*Star Movies --- loved it.

Stayed at Pop Century --- loved it.

I'd gladly go back to either one of them. However, I think my next Value visit might be the All*Star Music. Not because I don't want to go back to either of the other two, but because I want to try another one.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-11-2007, 08:34 AM
Fun theming plus that bus thing!:thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
04-11-2007, 08:49 AM
I like Pop the best out of the values. The bus situation is a huge factor in that--and that you can get Icees in the food court (which I don't think is the case at the All Stars). :D

angedeaile
04-11-2007, 01:27 PM
I haven't stayed at a value resort yet, but I have heard so MANY great things about POP. Infact, because of all the great comments, I decided to stay there on my upcoming trip.

To be honest, the biggest seller for me was the menu from their food court. My group is big on food and boy their selections look delicious. Tye dye cheesecake and frozen coke. Come on!:thumbsup:

It is a silly seller, but it sold me. Well, having their own busses and it being a newer resort is a plus too.:D

mdricks
04-11-2007, 01:35 PM
and that you can get Icees in the food court (which I don't think is the case at the All Stars). :D

Icees? Yum! im going to pop in 4 weeks, are the icees on the drink island, accesable to the resort mugs? Ive never bought a mug before but 11$ all you can drink icees may very well change my mind. (that and no coffe maker in the room :blush: )

Nascfan
04-11-2007, 01:41 PM
We've stayed at Sports and Pop, and while we enjoy both, Pop gets the nod for us.
Frozen Cokes at the food court, 3 pools seem to spread the people out better, the views from certain building of Spaceship Earth and Tower, the lagoon/lake, these are all items we like at Pop.

Have fun! :mickey:

Nascfan
04-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Icees? Yum! im going to pop in 4 weeks, are the icees on the drink island, accesable to the resort mugs? Ive never bought a mug before but 11$ all you can drink icees may very well change my mind. (that and no coffe maker in the room :blush: )

Yes to both your questions. It makes a great morning cup of caffeine. :)

Disney Doll
04-11-2007, 04:58 PM
We found the bus situation to be the biggest benefit of staying at Pop over ASM. We had much longer wait times for the buses at ASM because the buses were shared among the 3 all stars. Seems like I heard that they were trying to improve that and may send separate buses now. Anyone know? I haven't been to one of the all stars in a couple of years.

Christine
04-11-2007, 05:05 PM
If I had to choose an All Star, it would be movies. Between Movies and Pop, I would choose Pop only b/c I haven't done it before, they are newer, and I would like to see if only having one bus stop makes a difference???

Belle--86
04-11-2007, 05:24 PM
We have stayed at All Star Movies and Music and Pop Century. We would choose Pop Century because it's newer and cleaner. The service is better and the bus service is quicker (only one resort).:here: :clappy: :thumbsup:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-12-2007, 12:04 AM
Vote from the oddball again. ;)

We prefer ASM over Pop. (We have not stayed at the other Value's so I can not comment on them). Pop was just not right for our family. Mostly because of the size of it, that place is huge!!

We love ASM and would stay there again, no problem.

I do give Pop points for the bus service, however, we never had an issue at Movies either. I could see it making a difference in the peak seasons.

#1TinkFan
04-12-2007, 04:33 AM
I just got back from Sports the end of March. It was nice, but we had to be there with all kinds of sports teams and some senior trips. We were on the second floor, so we heard noises above and below us all night long. Next time we stay at a value we are trying Pop. The bus thing never really bothered us, but we always were on the first bus to the parks every morning. We beat the biggest part of that high school crowd.

squijee
04-12-2007, 09:02 AM
i have stayed at pop and movies...dh and i like movies better...the resort is smaller...when we stayed at pop we were so far away from the food court by the time we got back to our room our drinks were hot and the frozen coke was melted...at movies we could get something to drink and be in our room in less than a minute and we were staying in the building furthest out ....also my nephew (7) likes the icons at movies better...most of the icons at pop meant nothing to him....

magicofdisney
04-12-2007, 09:25 AM
I've stayed at all the All Stars and Pop. Pop is nicer and newer, I'll give it that. It has great themeing. I really like Pop, but I also love the All Stars. Pop is huge and has more rooms than any one All Star. Therefore, during peak times, the wait for a bus can be longer because more ppl are heading back to one resort. During peak times, the All Stars have dedicated busses. They both have positives and negatives. I have to agree with the icees at Pop. They're wonderful. :number1: