PDA

View Full Version : Newbie wants to know "how I did?"

crazeedizneefinatic
04-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Okay, so here I am, really really excited about our upcoming trip and really excited that I found this site! It's great to be among Disney friends! So here it goes, my ADR list:
Fri: Chef Mickey - Dinner
Sat: H&V character lunch
Sun: Garden Grill Dinner
Mon: Chef Mickey- breakfast
Tues: Le Cellier - Dinner
Wed: Coral Reed - Dinner
Thurs: Sci-Fi - Dinner
Fri: Fantasmic Dinner Package (against advice)
Sat: Crystal Palace - Dinner

So how did I do????

BelleandtheBeast
04-11-2007, 12:20 AM
Make sure you go to resort restaurants as well, they cater to the locals more and have great food.

Bruegge
04-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Even though it's breakfast and dinner... I'd lose one of the Chef mickey's... not because of quality...

Lots of other Character meals to choose from

Are kids involved?? Ohana's dinner is a hoot... If it's girls... Norway princess breakfast is well received.

Cindy's royal table is one of our MUST do's .... I have 2 girls

Scott

Bethanymouse
04-11-2007, 12:29 AM
Fri: Chef Mickey - Dinner- never been here for dinner but love the breakfast! The atmosphere is so much fun! Enjoy watching the monorail go by!
Sat: H&V character lunch- we have never tried this one
Sun: Garden Grill Dinner- ate there many moons ago- seemed ok
Mon: Chef Mickey- breakfast- you will love this! The food is good and the characters are even better!
Tues: Le Cellier - Dinner- a must do for us every trip! I know you will love it!
Wed: Coral Reed - Dinner- good if you like seafood
Thurs: Sci-Fi - Dinner- not one of my favs. We ate there 2 summers ago and were not impressed.
Fri: Fantasmic Dinner Package (against advice)
Sat: Crystal Palace - Dinner- never been there for dinner, friends and family always rave about it though!

Enjoy your trip!

marlyn
04-11-2007, 12:51 AM
I think it sounds great. Like you, I am going to Chef Mickey's twice on my upcoming trip. The food is just so good and we Love it there. :thumbsup:

ginger19
04-11-2007, 07:48 AM
I think you have some great choices there. You have quite a few buffets on there that are almost identical so I'm not sure if you were aware of that. Chef Mickey's, H&V, and CP are very similar and we were honestly bored with those selections by the end of the trip. I would swap out the Chef Mickey's dinner for 'Ohana which has completely different but excellent food.
I would also say that you should plan on being at coral reef for a long dinner. Most people find the service very slow there.
Have a great trip!

Septbride2002
04-11-2007, 10:57 AM
That's a lot of character dining?

Unless you have kids who are REALLY good eaters the character dining can be more expensive then it is really worth food wise. But if you have free dining then I say go for it!

~Amanda

crazeedizneefinatic
04-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Thanks to everyone's input! I don't know if I will change anything at this point. When making the reservation for the dinner at chef mickey I asked about any other dining 'experience' that did not require a park ticket. We are not going to the park the first night we are there. The lady at reservations told us about O'Hana but did not elaborate on what goes on there, but I did not ask either. I didnask her if it was kids friendly and all she told me was that they did some hand clapping and singing. I don't know does not sound too interesting. My son LOVES chef mickey for breakfast. I can take it or leave it really but thought after the lady at reservations did not fill us in, we just went with what seemed easy. We also did not want to eat at Downtown Disney for dinner since we would be eating lunch there probably at Earl of Sandwich. Can anyone tell me what goes on at O'Hana's for dinner? Would it be something a 6 year old would enjoy? I might change that one. I am traveling with 2 of the most pickey eaters on the planet, lol! Any hints about the menu? We are doing a ton of character meals because our son just loves the atmosphere. It does not matter to me, just as long as the food is decent. Are there any restaurants someone would recommend that does have easy choices, such as steak, pasta or chicken to trade for a character meal? THANKS!

Fortgoofy97
04-11-2007, 02:18 PM
My only suggestion would be to switch Thurs from the Sci-Fi to 50's Prime Time - same park but more fun for both the parents and kids! :mickey:

Goes4FastPass
04-11-2007, 04:51 PM
o'Hana is great for families. Heck, o'Hana MEANS family. Your 6yo can participate in the coconut race each child races around a rectangular walkway through the restaurant pushing a coconut with a small broom. Suffice it to say coconuts are not perfectly round...

The food is different from some of your other choices.

I don't hear much positive about Coral Reef...

murphy1
04-11-2007, 05:24 PM
If you can get to Ohana I highly recommend it!! I am a Disney fan and a real Floridian and this is one of my top three places to go!! We had my grandparents anniversary here, but my dh is not a Disney fan like me, and he LOVED it. Read the menu on here, it is fantastic, go for the dessert alone!!!!