PDA

View Full Version : third trip report ever!

busterthebronco
04-10-2007, 10:34 PM
day 3-

1. ate luch at raglan road. sat outside as we got our food from the the "fast food" side.
the guy working the counter said i get the gorgia tech :bee: special %85 tax! (he was a bulldog)
the fish was good and the chips nice too.
DS got the chicken and his was yummy too.

2. went to ghiridellis for dessert. thanks to a fellow intercotee i ordered the "strike it rich" and i did strike it rich! very good sundae. perfect really.

3. DW and DS went shopping at once upon a toy and the bargain alley place. i just sat on a bench and watched the kids play in the dancing water foutain deal. one kid fell and disney ems was all over it:ambal: . the kid was scared more than hurt but it was great to see the ems folks doing such a fine job.

4. DW talked me into goofys candy store even though i was stuffed. she said i needed to get the" make your own dessert." i did a rice krispy treat, dunked in milk chocolate, rolled in m&m's and pecans, and drizzled in dark chocolate. the CMs there where a blast and it was fun.

5.we decided to see a movie. we first did this on our "bizzaro disney" trip and loved it. the theatere is super. we saw "blades of glory" and it did not fail to satisfy. will ferrell is the funniest man in america right now.:funny:

6. MGM
a. no fastpasses available.its crowded!
b. ate dinner at brown derby. it was good and the service was good. ate on the patio again and that is always fun. i'll have to share the family next to us got wild and i thought about the thread on fussing at other peoples kids (overbearing parents) so i turned the other cheek. it wasnt long before the police came by and got after the kids and that seemed to get them to decide it was time to mosey along.
c.CM had a interesting discussion. we asked him about one of the garden wings being gone completely at CR. he said there was so much hurricane damage they couldnt repair it. he went on to say "the gears are really turning" behind the scenes and that the focus was on going back to the "old disney". i dont know what that means. he did write us a fastpass for RnRC though!:coaster: do ya'll think the single rider line makes things slower? anyway it was awesome as always.

7. went home and "forced" myself to eat my dessert i made at goffys! man was it good!

***DW wants to make sure ya'll know she got up everyday and worked out at R.E.S.T.:rope: and brought me a paper to read with my noon coffee. (shes the best wife i've ever had!)

thanks!

BriarRose0708
04-10-2007, 11:28 PM
A CM wrote you a fastpass???? Good deal! :thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
04-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Another fun day for your family. My daughter and I just love to take in a movie at the theatre in Downtown Disney. Blades of Glory would be a great choice for those super comfortable seats! Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

faline
04-11-2007, 09:46 AM
Just reading your report is making my mouth water! Sounds like some wonderful dining!

mrsgaribaldi
04-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Sounds like you know how to relax while on vacation. Dh always says he needs a vacation when we get back from Disney. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
04-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Sounds like another great day.

magicman
04-11-2007, 11:12 AM
It sounds like you did some fine eating:eat: :scale:, but at least your wife worked out.

That's great that you got a cast member fastpass at a time when regular fastpasses weren't available.

I also am not a fan of the single rider line. To me, the extra bodies add to the bottleneck at the end of the line/queue.

P.S. I noticed that you didn't stay out until 3:45am...slowing down???

January-2007
04-11-2007, 11:23 AM
:party: Fun fun! I really like how you all vacation! Downtown Disney, some yummy treats and shopping, going to the movies, and that's all before even hitting up the park. I don't know if I would be able to relax so much being at Disney. I'm seriously going to try though, our next trip is Memorial Day week, and it's going to be so busy. Thank you so much for sharing your day with us! Oh, and we're going to the Hollywood Brown Derby in September, did you love love love your meal? Hope so. Can't wait to read about your next day! :mickey:

sleepingbooty
04-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks for sharing!

As for your remark on Will Ferrell, I could not agree more!:thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
04-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Anther fun filled day! That goofy treat sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Maleficent's Dad
04-11-2007, 07:24 PM
2. went to ghiridellis for dessert. thanks to a fellow intercotee i ordered the "strike it rich" and i did strike it rich! very good sundae. perfect really.
I don't know if this was my advice, but I'm always singing the praises of Ghirardelli's and the "Strike it Rich!" I don't even need to see a menu at Ghirardelli's - EVER! :tasty: :tasty: :tasty:

pogo
04-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Well........ I read this report and gained four pounds !:(

Thanks for sharing. :D

pdrlkr
04-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: