PDA

View Full Version : Disney Yet to Decide Location of Second Park in China

Figment!
04-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Disney Yet to Decide Location of Second Park in China

Xinhua
4/9/2007

Disney has not yet decided the location to build a second theme park in China, said Wing T. Chao, vice-chairman of Asia Pacific Development at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, on Sunday.

The company said last year it was in talks with Shanghai authorities about building a theme park in the city after its first park in China opened in Hong Kong in September 2005.

"We are sure to build a second park in China in the long run, but we are now reviewing the market and yet to work out the location and specific construction plans," he said.

He said the company is focusing on the development and expansion of its theme park in Hong Kong to meet the increasing demands from visitors.

Crow
04-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Ill go check out some spots. they will pay for my research right?
and i will have to check out Hong Kong and Tokyo to see how they are doing

PirateLover
04-12-2007, 11:16 AM
I think that they should focus more on the domestic parks right now rather than concern themselves with putting another park in China....

BrerSchultzy
04-12-2007, 11:44 AM
I heard the second Chinese park was going to be Northern Virginia...or was it San Antonio?

But back to the point. Are the Chinese parks run the same way as Tokyo? Does Disney actually "own" the parks, or are they leasing agreements?

2Epcot
04-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Are the Chinese parks run the same way as Tokyo? Does Disney actually "own" the parks, or are they leasing agreements?

Hong Kong Disneyland is a joint venture between Hong Kong Government and Walt Disney. Hong Kong owns 57% of the park to Disney's 43%. Hong Kong put up almost all the money for construction. Disney invested in the company Hong Kong created for the parks. The Hong Kong govermenment expects the park to bring about 19 billion to the economy over 40 years which they believe is a good return on their 3.5 billion dollar investment.

My wife who lived in China most of her life, were discussing yesterday where Disney would build the next park. She believes Shanghai is the best location for the second park and thinks that's where they will eventually build it.