PDA

View Full Version : Photopass questions and the photobook

Efrank
04-10-2007, 09:55 PM
I didn't know much about it but it sounds fairly interesting. I have a digital SLR and am planning on taking a good amount of pictures but think the photobook looks really cool. What are the experiences with photopass photographers? How does it work, do that have a big sign saying pics taken here, or do you see one wandering and grab them and ask for them to take pics?:mickey:

allie_to_you
04-11-2007, 08:52 AM
The photopass photographers don't have signs or anything, they are usually just hanging around the park, usually in the more prominent areas and there are at time several together (especially in front of the parks big icons, i.e. hat, castle, tree, etc.). They have different costumes than the regular CM's and of course have their camera's with them. You just step up to one and ask them to take a pic (they often take several). Then you either give them your photopass card or if you don't have one, they will give you a new one to start with. You may want to stop at several photopass photographers, even at the same area (like in front of castle) and let them take pics. This way you get more choices and the chance that more pics will turn out good.

One tip to remember is to take a digital picture of the back of your photopass card(s) so that in case you lose it and want to look at your photo's later, you'll still have the number.

Belle619
04-11-2007, 09:56 AM
We used a photopass on the last trip and I have to say it was nice to have a professional take the pictures. For example, at the P & P party it was dark and we were having our picture taken in front of the castle - now that is not easy making sure that the lighting is just right to show both us and the castle - but they did a fantastic job!

Another bonus is the photo editing options on the website, which allows you to crop, add a border, etc. Very nice.

Also, we did have a couple of photographers take pictures with our own digital when we just wanted a photo with the whole family. They were very nice and didn't mind it at all.

Kairi_7378
04-11-2007, 11:13 PM
The Photopass photographers were all wearing khaki outfits and their cameras had blue camera straps with "Disney Photo Pass" logos on them.
The photo pass people always asked us if we'd like them to take photos with our camera as well. I'd highly recommend this. We got some great shots this way... some better than the official Disney pics!

Seasonscraps
04-11-2007, 11:17 PM
One tip to remember is to take a digital picture of the back of your photopass card(s) so that in case you lose it and want to look at your photo's later, you'll still have the number.

That's an awsome tip!!! :number1:

Thanks!:D

thejens
04-12-2007, 09:19 PM
So how do you pay for the photo pass? Do you pay for each photo (like on a cruise ship?) or a one time fee? How much is it? Disney is amazing at finding ways to part me from my money!!!!!

Seasonscraps
04-12-2007, 11:20 PM
There's no charge for the pass or to have pictures taken but you pay for prints (12.95 for a 5x7) or a CD of pics ($125 which comes with a copyright release so you can order prints from other photo printing places).

thejens
04-14-2007, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the information. yet another thing to save for!