PDA

View Full Version : Which Villa to Choose? ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE!!

Daisyroo
04-10-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm trying to decide which Villa to choose. The choice is between Wilderness Villas or the Boardwalk Villas. I am wanting to stay somewhere where there is one bedroom and a full kitchen. Anybody out there have any experiences that you would like to share. Thanks so much!!

wendy*darling
04-10-2007, 10:17 PM
All of the DVC one bedroom Villas all have a separate bedroom with a king sized bed, a huge bathroom with jacuzzi, a living room and full kitchen.
Which one you choose depends on where you want to be located, which resort has the theming you prefer, etc. The actual units are identical, except for decor.

sassafras
04-10-2007, 10:35 PM
I've stayed both places. Both have pluses. The Boardwalk is great for the proximity to Epcot's International Gateway which is a quick walk to the resort and easy exit after Illuminations. The Wilderness Lodge villas seem more laid back to me, and I enjoyed them more since I didn't have the hubbub of the Boardwalk beneath my window (although that wasn't really noisy!). I just liked the atmosphere better, but the transportation (buses) wasn't as good at the WLVs. It all depends on what you're looking for. I'm sure you will have a great time whichever you choose. Have Fun!!!:mickey:

Seasonscraps
04-11-2007, 12:37 AM
Oooh, my two favorites!! I generally lean towards the Boardwalk b/c I like being able to walk to a lot of places and I love the slide in the pool area.

DVC2004
04-11-2007, 07:49 AM
I've also stayed at both. The BWV's are great because you can walk to Epcot. WLV's are closer to MK and have a boat that will take you there or to the Contemporary. Both have great themed pools. The 1 BR's are practically identical except for decor. I would give the slight edge to WLV's because I love the theming there. If you want quiet (WL) or middle of the action (BW) will also depend.

Maleficent's Dad
04-11-2007, 06:39 PM
It's already been stated, but the villas are essentially identical except for the theming and location.

I love the theme of the Wilderness Lodge - I feel it's Disney's crowning achievement in a resort. It's just so Disney... :mickey:

However, I prefer the BW due to the location. We almost always stay at an "EPCOT area resort" and do so on purpose. We dine (almost) every night in EPCOT. Plus we love coming back to the BW and the entertainment - our kids just eat it up.

Good luck - you essentially can't go wrong at either place! :thumbsup:

pox24
04-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Easy... One Bedroom Villa at the Boardwalk.:thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
04-13-2007, 08:23 AM
We stayed at the WL villas in Feb. They were huge, and I liked being close to the MK alot. However, I could not get used to the heavily themed WL villas. I so prefer something light, bright, and airy. I did not feel like I was in Florida at all!