PDA

View Full Version : Banked pts and Use Year questions

kris10399
04-10-2007, 08:39 PM
DH and I are considering, again, buying into DVC. We are opting for a resale at this pt since financing isn't an issue and we just got back from WDW and DLR this past yr.

I was looking at some resales and saw that people had used pts from their current UY but still had their total contract pts banked from 2005. How does this happen? I realize those 2005 pts expire on the last day of their UY this year but don't understand why the banked pts wouldn't be used before the next UY pts were used.

If I bought and my UY was Oct and I wanted to plan a May 08 vacation, can I borrow Oct 09 pts toward that vacation and would I need to wait until Oct 07 to book that?

thanks

vizsla
04-11-2007, 06:32 AM
The answer to your question as to why there are points banked from 2005 but points were used from the current use year is probably because they banked those points and then decided to make a trip. Once you bank your points for the year, you cannot un-bank them.
To the second part of your question is that if you bought into the DVC the 2005 points that are banked will most likely expire. But if you plan a trip for May'08 you can make your ressie 11-months out from your arrival date at your home resort and you can also borrow points from your 2009 Use Year.

kris10399
04-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Thanks for that. When you are new at it you have to really draw things out before you understand things.

Thanks!