PDA

View Full Version : Old Faithful Club - WL

ILive4Disney
04-10-2007, 06:12 PM
I just made a ressie for two nights (in two weeks) at the conciege level at WL.....this turned out to be the best way to take advantage of a discount certificate I needed to use before it expired. The CM on the phone knew nothing about the concierge services...ANY information you could give would be helpful....what are the food offerings? Should I still bring as much breakfast food/drinks as I normally do? Are the views standard? Like I said...I know absolutely nothing about this so any info would be great...Thanks in advance!! Rachael :mickey:

cinderellagrl
04-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Stayed at the Old Faithful Club last July. It was very nice. For breakfast they had your average continental breakfast array of foods: muffins (excellent chocolate chip ones), cereals, toast, fruit, yogurt, and coffee drinks, water, and juice

around noon they had some snacks, if I remember correctly it was gummy worms, cookies, drinks, and a few other light snacks

around dinner time there was: two warm dishes (appetizer like) usually things like soups (people have said you could make this a meal) and some alcoholic beverages (beer, wine)

later they had deserts and other liquors

I am sure someone will come along with more information...

Overall it was very nice: we ate breakfast there every morning... no problem. But other than that I wouldnt really consider "eating meals" there.

I am sure you will enjoy it! The sitting area is lovely and has a nice view of the lagoon and the pool!

TammiMcMan
04-10-2007, 09:04 PM
The Old Faithful Club is actually very nice. I love the way it's set up so that you overlook the main lobby area.

If deluxe continental or basic cereal and fruit is an okay way for you to start the day, I'd skip bringing any extra breakfast foods. Sodas, juice, water, iced tea, coffee, lemonade are available from 7am - 10pm every night. From 5-7pm, there is also beer and assorted wines. From 8pm-10pm, they put out cordials (Baileys, Kahlua, etc). Aside from that, the food offerings are not meant to be a meal replacement, but nice appetizers and snacks if you happen to be hanging around the resort anyway.

In addition, you get the services of a pre-planner from the Itinerary Planning Office. They can help with ADR's, booking tours, spa treatments, special celebrations, gifts in your room and anything else you'd like to ask for. Considering you're going in two weeks, I imagine that most of your pre-planning is already done. If you'd like to touch base with them and ask about requesting a particular room view or help with anything else, just let me know. I can PM their contact information to you.

ILive4Disney
04-12-2007, 05:54 PM
I would love you to PM their contact info to me....this was a last minute plan and it happens to be my husband and I's 15th wedding anniversary and even though we'll have the kids with us....I would like to have a nice dinner. Thanks again!!

TammiMcMan
04-12-2007, 07:08 PM
PM sent :thumbsup: .

mttafire
04-12-2007, 07:13 PM
We need to check out the O.F.C. It sounds great!!:mickey: We've never tried it before.

ILive4Disney
04-14-2007, 05:03 PM
I emailed them Thursday.....no response...hopefully this goes better than it is starting out.....:confused:

TammiMcMan
04-14-2007, 06:27 PM
The same staff for the WL also handles requests for club level guests at the CR. If they've had a lot of e-mails come through, they may be delayed in getting back to you.

If you don't hear from them by Monday morning, just drop them another e-mail and ask them if they can please forward you an updated itinerary as soon as possible. A gentle reminder that you'll be arriving in less than 2 weeks, may push your request ahead of others who are not arriving until later.