PDA

View Full Version : Crowds last easter week

Mariano O'Kon
04-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Hi Everyone!

I usually travel to WDW on not-so-crowded months (May and October)

This year I had the brillant idea to take my kids on easter week... Little did I knew about the crowds this particular week! I couldn't believe it!

Now, for you experts out there: How was this past week? Midly crowded? Crowded? Very crowded?

For me it was insanely crowded (I got a FastPass for Splash Mountain for 9:30PM at 10:00 AM!) But then again, I am not used to seeing WDW crowded. So I am just trying to understand if what I saw is what people consider a crowded week.

I know that MK has "levels" where people are not allowed to get in... Were we any close last week? (I saw cars parking in the grass -very neatly- because of lack of parking space!)

Thanks!

Mariano

jkj1224
04-10-2007, 06:04 PM
I know both MGM and MK set attendance records for this time of year over the Easter weekend, so it was busier than it usually is this time of year. Hope you had fun even though it was crowded.

Jasper
04-10-2007, 06:21 PM
The week leading up to Easter is normally close to the busiest time of year each year because of the number of elementary and high schools that are on spring break that week. Now this is not scientific or anything, but it seems like there were more schools than normal that were on spring break that week.

Our local school system was not involved, but I know there are several school systems in nearby counties that always take their spring break the first full week of April each year. This year that happened to be the week before Easter.

Bruegge
04-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Dnephew works at the Yacht club..

He said it was "crazy", packed full, people pleading for rooms, upgrades, changes... The CM's were blacked out for park entrance Sunday (easter)..

I was condsidering a trip that week but settled on late may, I know Monday may 28th is a holiday but I'm screwed by DW's work schedule.

Hopefully it wont be as packed as Easter week

Scott

KLETCO
04-10-2007, 09:30 PM
I go every Easter. I would say the crowds were average compared to other years. Last year was above average. I think since the weather was fairly chilly, it made the parks a little less crowded (I was only there Thursday through yesterday, btw).

My only issue is that my two EMHs in the morning were ruined because RnRC was closed most of the EMH Friday and E:E was closed most of the EMH Saturday :(